you don't need morrowind to enjoy the game, and new DLC's are stand alone (though the story is very slightly connected, but its not necessary to play one, to enjoy the other)

and yeah there is an event that's going on right now, for 2 more days. do a random dungeon - get a box with stuff. its mostly crap, but occasionally you might get one of 4 costumes, an imperial horse, puppy, some new DLC's furnishing patterns and if you are not a subscriber, dye stamps are nice, i suppose. I am at this point convinced that jackpot is a criptid. (jackpot is supposed to be a collection of 20 rare crown mounts, or 20 houses, including those limited time crown only houses they had on the market)

rewards are tied to premium undaunted exploration supplies, so there's 20 hour CD per character. so far, I personaly got 2 costumes, 3 clockwork furnishing patterns one of which I already knew and the rest - crap. but... costumes are nice and I'm getting ridiculous amounts of tanking practice, so there's that :P

P.S. Spell power cure+wormcult (or I forgot the other one, in case on of the trial healers already using wormcult) is still pretty much THE META if you want to do vet trials. bleargh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Damn that sounds desperate. I'll admit, I haven't had time to play for a long while and Morrowind got mixed review (mostly on value for money). Sad though, the game was, last I played, fairly fun.
    Honestly I think it has less to do with desperation and more to do with showing they do nice things for their players, since they are raking in the dough with the crown crates and each season keeps seeming to get more and more scamy. The last 3 i think have had apex mounts you cannot get with crown gems only by getting them in a crate and other garbage added to them as well as lvl changes for rewards so you get less gems out of em.

It just seems like this event and the free crates you can get before the beginning of the season are there way of saying "Sure we keep scamming more and more money out of the whales and addicts with our 'upgrades' to the crown crates but we aren't total assholes."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    P.S. Spell power cure+wormcult (or I forgot the other one, in case on of the trial healers already using wormcult) is still pretty much THE META if you want to do vet trials. bleargh.
    See that's what I hate about ESO is the fact that the BIS gear for healers isn't even obtained in a raid environment but in dungeons. It makes it useless to try and progress in a raid environment with a healer since you don't really have to step foot in one for gear. They need to release gear to be on par or superior to those sets to make healers actually WANT to go in there.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    See that's what I hate about ESO is the fact that the BIS gear for healers isn't even obtained in a raid environment but in dungeons. It makes it useless to try and progress in a raid environment with a healer since you don't really have to step foot in one for gear. They need to release gear to be on par or superior to those sets to make healers actually WANT to go in there.
    they kept BiS gear from trials for dps (I think for tanks its a mixed bag) :P that and theoretically you still may want to do new trial just for the perfect asylum staffs. plus, only one healer needs to be using wormcult, the other gets to farm Aetherial Archive for http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextr...aling+Mage+Set as alternative to Sanctuary set. its really pretty situational, nowadays.

that said, I do like it that gear to progress through trial is not ONLY in that trial since you have better flexibility of catching up on gear, in order to be helpful to your trials group. the real stuff trials runners farm are exclusive skins and titles. gear is just incidental to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine convinced me to log back into this game for the first time since 2014.

First and foremost, major props for one thing: I DIDN'T HAVE TO RENAME ANY OF MY CHARACTERS. Every non-WoW MMO that I have returned to after a year or more hiatus, I've been forced to name change all of my characters. Even TOR which I specifically spent $200 on the CE JUST to get the head start and claim my names.

So I get logged in, with a warning that all of my skill points have been refunded. Cool. I have absolutely no fucking idea what I'm doing. So I just pick the skills that look like I've unlocked and/or leveled before, and find out that some of the abilities I used to have are not locked under higher levels. I'm only level 13. I dump all my points into these abilities, and then remember I can only equip 5, so wtf is the point in grabbing them all? Damn. On top of that I then find out that those same skill points are ALSO used for crafting abilities. FML. Totally forgot about that.

I do an inventory check, oh right, the bank, what do I have in there? Fuck, where is my mount and how do I get it? Can't figure it out, hoof it over to the bank. Bunch of crafting mats. Y'know, for the no-points-used crafting skills I have now. Great. I have free stuff from the store? Cool. Great, now bags and bank are full. Vendor some stuff I think I don't need and head out to try and remember how to combat.

No Auto-attack. WTF. Again, forgot about that. Skill spam is pointless too, run out of stamina/magicka too fast. What level is this thing I'm fighting? I have no idea. I'm 13 and it took me about 4 seconds to kill it, I'm betting it's probably lower. But I leveled up from killing it at least. I run around and gather some iron ore and some sort of wood substance, get bored and log onto another character.

This guy is level 5. Caster of sorts I think. Named David Lo'Pan, yeah I'm a bad ass. Get combat skills (again), go out and kill the same critter I killed on my level 13...faster than I did on the 13. At level 5. Confused, I run back into town and check bank. Oh right, bank is account wide. With how limited space is, that's going to be fucking annoying.

So my friend finally gets on. He decided to roll a new char to get used to the game again. Probably a smart move. I sit idle in town and we chit-chat, after I figure out how to use in-game chat again and let him know via Facebook. So I watch him level. He hits level 6 and haven't even left the tutorial area...wtf. He's higher than me and still in the TUTORIAL AREA. Wow. So he finishes and rolls up on this sweet looking mount. Ask him where he got it. LOOT CRATE.

Fuck this. Done. Uninstalled. I'm already disenfranchised about MMOs in general, I was only going to play because he wanted to, and I wouldn't mind playing with someone. But with all the frustration I had of trying to relearn how the game even functioned, compounded with the fact that have fucking LOOT CRATES now, just no. Not going to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The time it takes to download this game even with a high speed connection is just off putting, I can't even get a third of a my download speed 150+ MB/s

65 gigs used and it's after another 30 gig, really.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2017-12-05 at 09:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah @endersblade I know what you're talking about with frustration of the talent system. I wish crafting didn't require use of the "regular" talent points. I know I quit shortly after they did their redesign of the mobs and zones to scale to your level (and the crafting nodes scale to that too which really pissed me off when they did that) but that was all for other reasons not because of the redesign itself. That I happened to enjoy. I totally agree that the no auto attack thing sucks especially for a melee type character but its something you get used to. As far as running out of magicka and stamina, I'd suggest putting points into regeneration of those in the talent trees (medium armor bonus gives you stamina regenation bonus for each medium armor piece you have on & light armor bonus gives you magicka regeneration for each light armor piece equipped & then there's racials like the High Elf racial that gives you magicka regeneration when picked). I'm fairly sure you can do that still. As far as the talent trees go, once you get higher up in levels you'll be searching for places to put your talent points in for the crafting because everything else you want to put it in is maxed out. My templar is level 50 and with all the talent points she's racked up from leveling, questing, and skyshards I'm putting points into professions I don't even have a high level in.

But I will say this, if loot crates are something don't like, this will be a rude awakening for that a good chunk of games that aren't even an MMO are moving towards loot crates. Also this loot crate event they're doing ends tomorrow but the other loot crate you might be thinking of is ongoing & not that great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The time it takes to download this game even with a high speed connection is just off putting, I can't even get a third of a my download speed 150+ MB/s

If you have a friend that plays & has it installed on their PC, go copy the files to a drive or do a file copy transfer with his PC to yours. That's how I got it on mine.

So I wanted to play this and installed it on Steam, made space for that ridickulus 88gb or something like that on my HD. Then tried to launch it and now it wants another 88gb or so to do some shit, probably erroneously confirm installation but eh, still doesn't let me play.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

What?

It would take 20 minutes to download 65GB at 50MB/s..........

I have heard conflicting reports about steam version. some say its buggy and terrible, some say its working fine for them. no idea, as I have retail version. but... team version isues could be just that... steam version issues.

that said. I LOVE it that the nodes scale. means I can farm anywhere, not just in a few select zones. for me, personaly one tamriel was the turning point to where I started to genuinely enjoying ESO

Before buying the game, take a note that it doesn't support dynamic IPs, unlike just every other MMO out there. Usually, if you cannot host most single-player games, it won't run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What?

It would take 20 minutes to download 65GB at 50MB/s..........
    At 223Mbps (that's megaBITS per second) it took me 37 minutes to download the game, minus Morrowind since I don't have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    At 223Mbps (that's megaBITS per second) it took me 37 minutes to download the game, minus Morrowind since I don't have that.
    if I understand correctly - you still have it downloaded, you just cannot travel there. its so that the moment you add it to your account, you can start playing immediately. (well that and you can still acess BoE drops/crafting stations from Morrowind, even if you don't have expansion via traders and guilds that have attunable stations in guild houses)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So I wanted to play this and installed it on Steam, made space for that ridickulus 88gb or something like that on my HD. Then tried to launch it and now it wants another 88gb or so to do some shit, probably erroneously confirm installation but eh, still doesn't let me play.
    Ive run into this issue with a majority of the large games i get on Steam with a SSD and limited space I always have to use a workaround to get them to install, this isnt an ESO specific issue as it is a Steam issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Angry rant
    It sounds like you are just a disenchanted MMO player who is angry at the genre and not being able to find anything you like. If you took the time to look at what has changed in the game since you last played it, you would have learned alot and probably not been as frustrated.

I will share my input since I am a returning player as well and others might be in the same boat.

I played the game back in Beta and decided that it was not good enough to pull me away from the other games I was playing./testing at the time. Some of my main issues at the time:
    -The combat which was pitched as action was super clunky for the class I was playing, looking at you 2 hander ( still is for this weapon if were being honest) and compared to other action combat available at the time: Tera and Wildstar which I had been playing since early closed beta (RIP) the combat just didn’t spark my interest.
    -The leveling was haphazard and figuring out where to go and what to do was not very clear and sometimes you would do quests and tasks that would give you barely any experience.
    -The UI was atrocious and coming from a WoW background where I could customize almost anything about the game.

So last month as winter closed in and the current raid tier in WoW was coming to a close and getting stale. I started looking for a new MMO to play on the side to escape the raiding guild I lead and the WoW related stuff that goes along with that.
    So during my research I came across a youtube video that was only a few months old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJYFzdvUxQ

This convinced me that it was worth giving the game a shot for $20 bucks.

After getting into the game, I had that all too familiar new MMO feeling not know what is going on, controls all wonky and just general weirdness that comes from playing something different. As a complete noob I was able to find a couple guilds (I learned you can have 5) who were noob friendly and extremely helpful and along with a TON of YouTube content for beginners I was able to work my way through the first week.

The issues I had with the game had all been resolved for the most part. Combat outside of a couple weapon/skill combinations was really fun and a breath of fresh air coming from WoW. With One Tamriel you can level anywhere in the game at anytime since everything is scaled to the same level which makes going on tangents or going full completionist mode not a negative thing. And then I found the most important thing, Addons! I installed a program called Minion which works just like Curse client for wow and was able to install addons that I researched and was able to customize my UI , get a minimap (huge pet peeve in beta was lack of this), a DPS meter and a few merchant addons to help with buying/selling items.

ESO plus is the subscription you can pay if you want to perks that go along with it. $15 a month and you get that amount in Crowns (1500) which you can spend in the store. I decided to go with this option and I haven’t regretted it. Since I planned on dabbling in crafting it’s a must have since you get a bottomless crafting material bag. Along with other XP benefits and double bank space.
    If you are just looking to try out the game you do not need this as you can play it just fine without it, especially if you are just trying to get a taste for the game.

The community in this game has been absolutely fantastic. Extremely helpful and willing to share knowledge with a new player.
    There is a ton of content to work through and a large portion of it can be done completely solo. This is more of a solo RPG with MMO elements than a true MMO. All the improvements they have made over time really show and there are some unique elements to this game that you don’t really see in other MMOs. Pickpocketing, lockpicking, assassin missions and tons and tons of quests. The quests in the game are actually well done and the voice acting is really good for the most part.

The PvP in Cyrodil is large scale which basically means a zerg fest. But I am not a huge PvP player so that doesn’t bother me as much. There is a under 50 bracket but it is hit or miss whether you have an organized group or not.

The dungeons in the game start out reallllly easy. Especially since if you queue you will sometimes get grouped with a max level player who is decked out in the best gear and just wipes out everything. There is a tank, healer and 2 DPS setup. Don’t let the beginning dungeons lull you into thinking that all of the dungeons are a complete pushover. The dungeons later on after 45 level, especially the DLC dungeons have some pretty punishing mechanics and coordination requirements even on normal. I have been in groups where none of us knew the dungeon and were just working our way through the mechanics and learning the fights maybe peeking at a online guide if something was truly puzzling. All in all the community is great as I have mentioned.

After 50 there is a Champion Point system, which is similar to Diablos Paragon levels or any other MMOs max level alternate advancement. This gives you points which you can spend in different trees that help with defense or combat (Take 1% less damage from physical ect). There is a catchup mechanic put in place for fresh level 50s that basically makes your first ~80 Champion points come REALLY fast (400% xp boost I think). Then every day you get another 400k of this xp boost called enlightenment. This helps with catching up in CP points but as you get higher the amount of XP needed for the following point increases so eventually It will inevitably slow down.
    Once at CP160 you are at the Max gear cap. And can get the best gear possible in the game. Although I believe you can go up to CP 690 in point allocation currently. There are players with well over CP 1000 level but it does not help them directly as CP 690 is the maximum point allocation.

There are Veteran and Veteran HM dungeons as well as multiple difficulties of trials (raids) in the game.
    I have not jumped into Veteran Modes or trials yet as I am currently only CP110. However, I look forward to logging in to do some dungeons or just run around the world exploring the public dungeons/delves each night. I completed the main story line ages ago and have now been working my way through my factions story line. Once I am done with my factions story I can go back and play a different factions storyline. All the way you keep getting XP and Skill Points to advance your character.

It has been a blast learning this game and I hope it continues to do well. There are more and more new players starting every day so the game must be selling.

Hi so is elder scrolls online more populated on PS4 or PC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elum View Post
    Hi so is elder scrolls online more populated on PS4 or PC ?
    PC is more popular

So I got this game + Morrowind xpac as a gift from a friend this week. I posted earlier in this thread about having tried the game out back when there was a free to play week around in April. Got it through Steam, so I started the download overnight a few days ago, got it installed, then gritted my teeth hoping it would run...and this time it runs without any issue whatsoever. Last time I tried to play the game, it wouldn't even run...and that was with a non-Steam version of the game.

Went with High Elf Sorceror, magicka based; so far, so good. The combat's very much akin to the single player ES games...basically this is about as close as my friend and I will get to having the multiplayer Morrowind we wanted so much 10-12 years ago. I do realize it's still the "honeymoon timeframe", for lack of better term, but I've been having a blast on here. Cash shop seems no more ornerous than the one in GW2, a game I have advocated for over many years. For now, ESO will be my alt MMO for whenever FF14 is in a bit of a rut and/or I'm feeling any semblance of burnout with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i have fun with this game....but i play it in 1.st person..like skyrim or oblivion. I am thinking to change to khajit now since i found out the bow sucks. (went with Bosmer for bow..but i think that new class would probaly be better on it)

And i just ignore any group invites, since i read ALL THE QUESTS. People seem to get anoyed quick . And i also loot every damn item i see (stolen so much -- more than in Skyrim)
    Took me a while to figure out how the lockpicking works and still didnt fish a single fish (and i have like 100 baits)

Compared to ffa, its more fun game. (quests there suck so bad....only got to lvl 11 there)

Some of the bugs are quite interesting:
    http://shrani.si/f/1X/3S/4pw1SxAe/esolol.png

Plus:
    Population -- yezz so many people
    Combat
    Crafting
    Race selection and no restriction unlike other games
    Hard enogh (not dumbed down like most of mmos this days)
    Easy to get mounts (account wide unlike other games)
    One of the best questing i ever played in mmo (star wars looks bad compared to it) and you also have a options how to finish it (mostly live and die so far).
    Can be played solo with no problem (but not bosses with skull and 2 swords and dungeons)
    No need to grid the crown as it comes with sub (compared to a stupid wildstar grid for omnibits)
    Cheap to start (18 euro is nothing for gold edition and you can get it even cheaper)
    Supports paysafe unlike a lot of other mmos where you need a credit card to even buy a damn sub

Minus:
    Regent bank locked behing a sub and without it you would have to run to bank a lot since you start with a very small space
    Loot boxes --- but i realy hope the law will go soon after them (i tested it and on good side you can at least vendor crap rewards and get something you want - still not the best tho, would prefer them to be a single purchase)
    Running to fast may not load the game to soon and you can get stuck till the game loads
    Random dcs from time to time (but not that horrible, mostly in city when there is to many people)
    Character creator kinds sucks - its very hard to make your char look good

Crown cost vs sub (note that site lies when it comes to prices)
    Sub:
    30 days -- 13 euro + 1500 crown
    90 days -- 36 euro + 4500 crown (+ 2x 1500)
    180 days -- 66 euro + 9000 crown (+ 6x 1500)

Crown:
    Cant realy say right now since its on sale --
    21000 -- 62.50 euro
    14000 -- 51 euro
    5500 -- 24 euro
    3000 -- 14.50 euro
    1500 -- 10 euro

As it stands right now you pay 3 euro more for sub and getting same ammount of crowns.
    For 180 days you get 18.000 crown in total and pay 66 euro and for 21000 crown 62.50.
    Adding 14.50 for 3000 on 180 sub is 80.5 euro in total. 18 euro for 6 x 30 days. 3 euro for 30 days is a steal.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    How long are maintenances usually for this game? I've been waiting to play all day

Been enjoying this game enough that I broke my decade + old rule of not subbing to more than one MMO at a time (a rule much more relevant 10-15 years ago) and paid for a month's sub...mostly due to the fact that it offers so many perks (access to all of the DLC, the crafting bag storing all crafting mats, and doubled bank space) essentially strongarming people into doing that...but is it really that awful? Here's a game that more or less gives you the option to pay monthly, or you can buy things a la carte. Too bad the crafting bag, or even a nerfed version, isn't available unless you sub.

Paying the sub doesn't really bug me that much, though. I can just end the sub whenever I believe I'm not getting my money's worth out of the game.

Is there a way to buy crowns via gold (akin to how you can do such a thing with Guild Wars 2's gems)? I am thinking not. No big deal, really.