Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suspended for...disruptive gameplay?!

Just got suspended for a week for "disruptive gameplay". WTF is this?! I never throw or troll with Mei or shit like that, and I don't even play competitive, I just mess around in QP. Came back to the game like 3 days ago after a 6 month break, and I always play Reaper.

Only thing I could see as possible reason, is saying "shit team" and "cheesy shit team". One time this, one time the other, I don't even write in chat nor speak in voice chat.

THAT constitutes "disruptive gameplay"?! What is this, the GESTAPO of political correctness, can't even say "shit team" cause I get suspended, not even chat-silenced, just outright suspended?!

I appealed the ban, this is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    well personally considering the track record of players that make threads like this end up getting roasted by jeff you'll have to excuse me if i'm skeptical

but let us know how that goes

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like we're definitely getting the entire story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    well personally considering the track record of players that make threads like this end up getting roasted by jeff you'll have to excuse me if i'm skeptical

but let us know how that goes
    Yes, I hope OP posts in the official forums and then provides the link.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what you expect to get from posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Just got suspended for a week for "disruptive gameplay". WTF is this?! I never throw or troll with Mei or shit like that, and I don't even play competitive, I just mess around in QP. Came back to the game like 3 days ago after a 6 month break, and I always play Reaper.

Only thing I could see as possible reason, is saying "shit team" and "cheesy shit team". One time this, one time the other, I don't even write in chat nor speak in voice chat.

THAT constitutes "disruptive gameplay"?! What is this, the GESTAPO of political correctness, can't even say "shit team" cause I get suspended, not even chat-silenced, just outright suspended?!

Care to explain how you tell your team they are a shit team without typing it in chat or saying it in voice chat? Do you have telepathy?

Contact Blizz and see what the ban is about. I am sure they will tell you what you did but I get the feeling you don't want to know. Some people have an amazing ability to justify thier own behavior as acceptable no matter what and the people who constantly yell about social justice warriors tend to be those kinds of people, social injustice warriors. Lots of people decided they didn't like your behavior and you reaped the consequences of your actions. It isn't their fault that you behave that way. You made a decision, you get the consequences.

I'd report you for saying what you said just for the lols of knowing you will get banned and come here to complain.

Just because it is QP doesn't mean the same rules of behavior don't apply. You obviously are only going to tell us your side of the story and in your story you are always the one who is right and a victim of others.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-12-29 at 05:36 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Haven't got an answer yet, but I read around. Aaaaand apparently when you get a perma ban from the forums, you also get a one week ban in the game for...disruptive gameplay, even if you didn't actually do any...disruptive gameplay, it's a formality.

And I WAS perma ban from the forums for saying "Shut up, Trump!", which a moderator, very likely a trumpkin, declared it was spamming/trolling.

So this is probably it.

Haven't got an answer yet, but I read around. Aaaaand apparently when you get a perma ban from the forums, you also get a one week ban in the game for...disruptive gameplay, even if you didn't actually do any...disruptive gameplay, it's a formality.

And I WAS perma ban from the forums for saying "Shut up, Trump!", which a moderator, very likely a trumpkin, declared it was spamming/trolling.

So this is probably it.
    You got banned on forums because it has nothing to do with the game and you are trying to stir shit up. Grow Up. Politics and games are completely different things. That should not affect each other in any way.

OT:You clearly DID something other than Shit Team. Either this is true (but doubt it, I think you contradict yourself) or this is a load of Bullshit, and you actually did something more serious than that.

Or, maybe some special snowflake got offended by Shit Team. Which happens alot from Leftists. You got perma ban, because that moderator was likely a trump supporter, and gave you the same treatment a Leftist Moderator would. Not Saying that Trump supporter was right, but you get the point. Leftists does this all the time mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    You got banned on forums because it has nothing to do with the game and you are trying to stir shit up. Grow Up. Politics and games are completely different things. That should not affect each other in any way.

OT:You clearly DID something other than Shit Team. Either this is true (but doubt it, I think you contradict yourself) or this is a load of Bullshit, and you actually did something more serious than that.

Or, maybe some special snowflake got offended by Shit Team. Which happens alot from Leftists. You got perma ban, because that moderator was likely a trump supporter, and gave you the same treatment a Leftist Moderator would. Not Saying that Trump supporter was right, but you get the point. Leftists does this all the time mate.
    I found this reddit post

I can confirm this. It is an automated ban and they won't lift the ban. I contacted their support and they confirmed this. If you get a forum permanent ban you will get one week in game ban and it will be tagged under "Disruptive Gameplay".

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...aid_in_forums/

This is most like it. Also, I can confirm that you DO NOT get a week ban for your very first "disruptive gameplay" offense, it's 24 hrs first, and this literally the very 1st time I get banned from the actual game. So that's a lot clues pointing at the game suspension because of forum ban.

I found this reddit post

I can confirm this. It is an automated ban and they won't lift the ban. I contacted their support and they confirmed this. If you get a forum permanent ban you will get one week in game ban and it will be tagged under "Disruptive Gameplay".

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...aid_in_forums/
    That guy is a moron who's full of shit and you know it.
    You don't get banned for a few reports from one bad game. Stop pretending you're innocent in all this and accept you haven't been on your best behaviour in the game, either via chat or trolling/throwing during the games themselves.
    Last edited by Greandal; 2017-12-29 at 12:00 PM.
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Like I said, you can contact support and they will explain the reason you got a ban. But then you might have to accept your own responsibility and not be able to pretend to be the victim so I don’t suggest doing it.
    Even if the ban was for the forum posting it isn’t because someone was a trumper but rather because they have very specific rules that you violated and ignorance of the rules is not a defense against the consequences of your actions. You trying to blame a trumper for the consequences is a prime example of not accepting how you alone caused your own problems.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-12-29 at 02:45 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

You mean saying shit and using language got you banned? Shocking. You probably said more than that, or if it was because of that then you’ve been banned before. My guess is that you’re also telling us half of the story as well, when realistically everyone knows there’s always more to it.

You clearly deserved the ban.

Grow as a person and stop behaving like a bloody moron, and you'll avoid bans in the future.

Okay, got the answer from the GM. It was indeed because I said "Shut up, Trump!" on the forums, not because I said "shit team" in-game.

This was the suspension message

Reason: Spamming / Trolling
    Date actioned: Thu Dec 28 17:05:50 GMT 2017
    Action ending: Permanent Ban
    Reported post: Author: XXXXXX
    Forum: General Discussion
    Topic: If you don't like what Blizzard is doing
    Reply: #21
    Date: Dec 27, 2017 12:54:49 PM
    Shut up, Trump!

And this was the appeal message

You are receiving this message in response to the help petition which you submitted regarding your account currently being suspended for 1 week.

Unfortunately I am upholding the current 1 week suspension on your account. We do not tolerate any harassment or toxic language on the forums as it is not fair to other players.

We do not care who started the argument, nor if it was justified, nor if it was for fun. If you are reported for being toxic or inappropriate with our rules we will take action.

There. Looks like Donald Trump, who is an avid Overwatch player, felt offended and reported me. Well either that or Jeff is a trumpkin.
    Last edited by Bronan; 2017-12-29 at 05:38 PM.

Okay, got the answer from the GM. It was indeed because I said "Shut up, Trump!" on the forums, not because I said "shit team" in-game.

You are receiving this message in response to the help petition which you submitted regarding your account currently being suspended for 1 week.

Unfortunately I am upholding the current 1 week suspension on your account. We do not tolerate any harassment or toxic language on the forums as it is not fair to other players.

We do not care who started the argument, nor if it was justified, nor if it was for fun. If you are reported for being toxic or inappropriate with our rules we will take action.

There. Looks like Donald Trump, who is an avid Overwatch player, felt offended and reported me. Well either that or Jeff is a trumpkin.
    Aww, so sad for you.

Nah, not really. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Aww, so sad for you.

Nah, not really. Good riddance.
    *feels the love*

Deleted
    And nothing of value was lost, let's pray you learned something

15+ Year Old Account

This was the suspension message

Reason: Spamming / Trolling
    Date actioned: Thu Dec 28 17:05:50 GMT 2017
    Action ending: Permanent Ban
    Reported post: Author: XXXXXX
    Forum: General Discussion
    Topic: If you don't like what Blizzard is doing
    Reply: #21
    Date: Dec 27, 2017 12:54:49 PM
    Shut up, Trump!

And this was the appeal message

Anti trumpers are just as annoying as trumpers. Who knew?

What's ridiculous is that you get banned in the game for what you did on the forums.