Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Me too. Then I tried it in when I went to London. To no avail. I did get a few matches but it never came to a meet-up. All the girls there felt soooo out of this world. And I am not talking about appearance. 90% of the girls had some reaaaally fancy hobbies and "want to do" lists that I couldn't even imagine lol. But I guess plebs like me from THE Eastern Europe wouldn't understand. And then I tried it in Japan. Got loots of likes and matches. Not a single girl willing to go out/meet up. Deleted it after some time. It's so stupid. I can't comprehend why people in Japan are even using it. They don't want to even meet up, how fucked up is this. All the worse with all the likes I was getting because it just rubs salt in the wound. Why do you like me if you have no interest, lol. It's annoying as fuck
    People are scared to commit and struggle with tuning expectations in general.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go on Tinder hoping to find love, you're just wasting everyone's time. It is a hookup app.
    You can rarely find it there though, I'm told.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    That, or there are a ton of bots that swipe right on all people and they have fake pictures and such to try to get you to give them money and scam you. I had an acquaintance that this happened to, and he almost sent money to this person, but he deleted her after he realized he was being duped.

The simpler--and probably accurate--answer is that they don't like him and thus don't want to meet up with him. What's up with this "blame everyone else, except you" thing? If, of all the people he's been matched with, none have wanted to meet, maybe it's more of him than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If a boy saw all my figures, wall scrolls and body pillows, he'd probably peace out anyway
    my roomate is wall to wall with anime scrolls, figures, instruments, video game references, manga, warhammer

his 70year old father is wall to wall in Ecchi.

You won't scare me :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    my roomate is wall to wall with anime scrolls, figures, instruments, video game references, manga, warhammer

his 70year old father is wall to wall in Ecchi.

You won't scare me :3
    Well it's mainly normies that use tinder, was my point.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    The simpler--and probably accurate--answer is that they don't like him and thus don't want to meet up with him. What's up with this "blame everyone else, except you" thing? If, of all the people he's been matched with, none have wanted to meet, maybe it's more of him than everyone else.
    Should've swiped left then instead of leading people on just because you can.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

You're not leading people on just by swiping right.

It's a friggin dating app. Since when was doing anything in a dating app obligate the other person to anything, even respond to a message let alone actually meeting someone?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I don't understand the hook-up culture. Seriously.

There is too much effort involved and too much time is wasted trying to find new people for sex each night. Just find a serious girlfriend/boyfriend and have all the sex you want.
    Hooking-up requires a lot less effort than maintaining a relationship. There's no pretense of pointless emotional nonsense to bother with.

Deleted
    I don't understand the hook-up culture. Seriously.

There is too much effort involved and too much time is wasted trying to find new people for sex each night. Just find a serious girlfriend/boyfriend and have all the sex you want.

If you spend the majority of your free time in trying to find people to have sex with just once, then this explains why the millennials are constantly complaining that they are poor. How you spend your free time is very important with regards to your financial situation.
    Eh? If you're just after a fuck you can pretty much get 1 in less than an hour if you're attractive, hardly much time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If a boy saw all my figures, wall scrolls and body pillows, he'd probably peace out anyway
    Probably yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't know a single person who has 'hooked up' with anyone via an online dating service or app.

When a few girlfriends and I tried Tinder just for the fun of it- the result was a barrage of non-stop, I mean NON-STOP, messages/dings/alerts from dudes. Most had obviously fake profiles the rest were hideous. After a few hours most of us uninstalled the app.

No single woman I know personally has reported using these apps or services. I honestly think it's mostly bots and desperate dudes that use these things.
    Probably using shit sites

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes you swipe then realize they're not as attractive in other pictures

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly use it anymore. I found out not too long ago that my profile was hidden even though I never set it to hidden (there was an option for that). I went to change it and apparently to become visible again you have to pay a monthly subscription for it. They are slowly turning this once free to use app into a service like e-Harmony or Match. So I don't really use it anymore.

I used Tinder because it was free and it was one of those things where it was like if I got matched up with someone and i managed to set up a date, cool, if not, whatever it's free. It was just something I went on for like 5 minutes swiped a few pictures and then I was done. Now no one is going to be able to see me unless I just happen to swipe right on someone that liked me which is not very often at all.

It's such bullshit but whatever. Guess I'll have to find the girl of my dreams the old fashioned way...getting out of my house and socialize.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-12-28 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    You can't have used tinder because unless you swiped right on them they can't message you. If you did swipe right why should they not message you?
    It was the first time using the app. It was a trial run. We swiped some, gave the sadface/thumbs down to others, etc. The profiles were obviously faked- hence why I said most seemed to be bots.

Deleted
    It was the first time using the app. It was a trial run. We swiped some, gave the sadface/thumbs down to others, etc. The profiles were obviously faked- hence why I said most seemed to be bots.
    Most are scams

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Probably using shit sites
    I don't know anyone who admits to even using 'shit sites'. Not a single person I know admits to using any dating/hook-up service at all.

It might be some people are lying about using these services- but that is HIGHLY doubtful for a number of factors. The least of which is that women tend to talk about two things dominantly; children and relationships.

Also I have never met another woman in my entire life who professed to having trouble getting laid or finding a date. Having worthy suitors or quality partners- absolutely. But getting a date/screw? Never.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-12-28 at 08:01 PM. Reason: on mobile.

Deleted
    I don't know anyone who admits to even using 'shit sites'. Not a single person I know admits to using any dating/hook-up service at all.

It might be some people are lying about using these services- but that is HIGHLY doubtful for a number of factors. The least of which is that women tend to talk about two things dominantly; children and relationships.

Also I have never met another woman in my entire life who professed to having trouble getting laid or finding a date. Having worthy suitors or quality partners- absolutely. But getting a date/screw? Never.
    Well TINDER probably attracts either lazy women or unattractive women but obviously women do use it otherwise it would be a sausage party

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well TINDER probably attracts either lazy women or unattractive women but obviously women do use it otherwise it would be a sausage party
    Nah, plenty of very good looking women on tinder who aren't lazy.

from my experience yes - the "long-term" quality isn't really at Tinder, but then again my experience is a pretty small sample size considering there are what millions of ppl on the app?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Hooking-up requires a lot less effort than maintaining a relationship.
    No, not really. That's a myth.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. That's a myth.
    Only by those who champion "true love" and all that other nonsense. The majority of the effort comes from the relationship. If there's no relationship, there's hardly any effort.