Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Reslly don't get the mage stuff, just go Fire and pick shimmer plus the artifact talent that heals when you blink, pretty much all the self healing I ever needed leveling.

I'd say Brewmaster Monk was the worst to level, but that's because I hate the class with every fiber of my being and have since they came out. Dinged 110 and haven't logged into it since.

Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    Drain Soul would like to have a word with you

Here are the toons I've leveled so far in the order that i leveled and their relative ease
    Ret-not too many complaints, pretty easy(to be expected tho main since pre-BC)
    DH-havoc had alot of fun leveling..easy then went tank and stayed still having a blast tanking.
    Lock affliction-again, had fun but also a lock vet. still dont agree with the shard system but whatever. I'd put it right behind dh easiness
    DK-unholy had a lot of trouble...buut. it was the first toon i lvled solely on rested xp/invasions. Given that all of the invasion mobs are way overtuned for under 110's of course i had a "bad time" Had to group for every single quest. but again. to be expected with invasion mobs. Outside of invasions i didnt have a problem
    Guardian druid. Leveling right now doing val'sharah and invasions solely. Having a blast I'd put it at zero difficulty

But back to your aff lock, what were you doing that made it "hard" or unfun?
    Because with drain soul you just dot everything with agony for shard procs then just seed or spam corruption and drain when needed. I did find voidwalker would get owned pretty easily with 2+ mobs and eventually gave up on him and just went with felhunter and i tanked everything while draining. Once i hit argus i had mostly all 880 except for a few pieces i just went to broken shore and bought the 850 stuff to fill him out. after a week of argus quests/rf i had at least 910 ilvl in every slot. in other words it was the easiest class i had so far to gear.

It should be said that i had all but maybe one or two heirlooms for each of those toons so yeah.

I think you misread my post I said affliction made other classes pale into comparison.

As a player just coming back to the game (and thus way way late to the Legion party) and a severe altoholic, this has been the most helpful thread of its kind. The responses here help guide choices of 'what order to play things in'. Many threads focus on "best", and the responses are extremely narrow without much discussion. By focusing on worst, there has been a MUCH larger amount of discussion and it is much more clear how to go about playing with less pain (ie., using disc spec on a priest instead of shadow for leveling, knowing that guardian druid might be slow for single target, etc.).

I'll agree with everyone here chiming in about how awful playing a shadow priest is in world content. I basically stopped trying to actively level it and just did Legion invasions to get one to 110 and I've barely touched it since. They really need a way to just do direct damage that's actually decent and doesn't rely on insanity.

You'd expect affliction lock to be along the same lines but UA is actually surprisingly good burst and Drain Soul gives you infinite sustain allowing you to face tank if your Infernal dies. I had zero difficulty leveling my warlock as affliction solely because I could live through anything with Drain and cooldowns. When you get geared, it's super easy to quest, dot stuff up and AFK.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2017-12-28 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I like soloing stuff as Assa or Sub.

But Outlaw kinda sucks. Such a slow start to get CP and to hopefully get a decent Roll the Bones. If not, it's just further slow till the mob dies... God I hate that specc xD
    Outlaw wasn't too bad using slice and dice. I ended up going assassination and using a six-feather fan to faceroll everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Rogues are shit at tanking down tough mobs and multiple targets. I know this since WoD when I could faceroll an elite rare with my unholy dk, but my rogue was smeared on the ground because none of his shit like stuns and resets worked on these mobs, and also his self healing was shit.

Also boomkin is annoying for solo play. Shadow priest. And I think mage too.

Um I am really not sure how boomkin is annoying for solo play. Their moonkin form makes them very tanky and their self healing and out of combat healing abilities are really good. After my demo warlock boomkin has been the easiest character I have for elite WQ smashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    imo, Enhancement Shaman and Shadow Priest. Bad self-healing kits.
    I like enhance in groups and in raids but enhance is really squishy during the leveling experience. Their self healing is not great and if you stop dpsing to try to throw some heals on yourself you just continue to get smashed. It improves at the top end but I still run prydaz on my shaman for solo stuff to help mitigate how squishy the class is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    haha yeah bear single target with poor gear is like fuck i really should switch to a dps spec.

- - - Updated - - -

question is why would you? i can join a group and tag an elite to complete a quest on an 880 alt faster than my 950 ele shaman can pop lust and nuke it down, argus is a fucking joke with group finder.

difficulty rating 0/10.

One thing to note for bears and tree druids is use your affinity. For bears leveling take feral affinity. If you have good aoe packs stay in bear form and maul them. For single target you can drop to kitty mode to burst stuff down faster and then if you get adds or get in over your head go back to bear and basically go immune to NPC again.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Both of the Shaman dps specs are frustrating to level. Elemental is slow and not very viable and enhancement is extremely squishy and has to sacrifice dps for any type of sustain. I tried maining resto shaman but the dps specs made me bench him.

I'm maining priest now and disc makes it almost impossible to die. Shadow requires some gear before you can use it for world content.

BM Hunter and Affliction Warlock were super easy.

For both world quests and leveling, I've found these the best specs:
    - Affliction Lock
    - BM Hunter
    - Balance Druid (dots, armor boost, good self heals)
    - Destro Lock (just not as fast as Affliction, but still very good)
    - WW Monk (a little squishy sometimes, but the amount of stuns and interrupts plus the great AoE and healing spheres are just too damn good)

And the worst:
    - Shadow Priest
    - both Shaman specs (all Ele has going for it was the earth elemental which is on a big cooldown, and Enhancement had to heal himself too often)

I wonder how Mage specs are for leveling.

Deleted
    I have all classes at 110 and shadow priest was the worst for sure

Shadow Priest, both Shaman DPS specs, Arms Warrior, and Demonology Warlock were fairly brutal. Ramp up times and huge damage inconsistencies with much of their durability being nonexistent until they heavily invest in their artifacts.

edit: Sorry misread the title and was looking at it from a leveling perspective. Even after artifact investment, Shadow and DPS Shaman are pretty fucking brutal.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-12-28 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    I made the same experience. It's not even the damage you can push out, but the damage you take. The healing from Bloodthirst is abysmal. Fighter Chow seemed to be pretty mandatory, but even then Arms was a much smoother experience with the Second Wind talent.
    Can't think of another spec that had worse self healin and took more damage then a Fury Warrior. I pretty much had to carry stacks of food with me at all time, cant say that for any other melee spec..

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I like soloing stuff as Assa or Sub.

But Outlaw kinda sucks. Such a slow start to get CP and to hopefully get a decent Roll the Bones. If not, it's just further slow till the mob dies... God I hate that specc xD
    Ever heard of Marked for Death? Great talent for outdoor content, you basically get free 5cp openers every single mob. I'd say Outlaw is THE outdoors spec as far as rogue is concerned, especially if you consider the buff you get from RTB that leets you leech off every attack. It's like Outlaw is the only rogue spec with any sustained self-healing. I was 100% outlaw during outdoor content, I tried Sub & Assa to force legendaries for them and it was painful when there was no healing except for a 30 second cooldown...

Outlaw with the Feint healing legs = unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I have all classes at 110 and shadow priest was the worst for sure
    Yup, I think thats why most just went Disc to level, good damage, Op defensives and heals. Cant really speak for Sp for WQ or Argus considering I use Pry's and that neck makes the Sp a tank..

I agree completely with people that shadow sucks for solo content. I go holy or disc if I need to do stuff solo.

Deleted
    Faceroll everything as a hunter. MM or BM. Whether it legion argus content or old raids solo.

From my experience, Shadow Priest for sure.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Ever heard of Marked for Death? Great talent for outdoor content, you basically get free 5cp openers every single mob. I'd say Outlaw is THE outdoors spec as far as rogue is concerned, especially if you consider the buff you get from RTB that leets you leech off every attack. It's like Outlaw is the only rogue spec with any sustained self-healing. I was 100% outlaw during outdoor content, I tried Sub & Assa to force legendaries for them and it was painful when there was no healing except for a 30 second cooldown...

Outlaw with the Feint healing legs = unkillable.
    Well yes, I do have MfD, but still. I feel I onshot every mob as Assa/Sub, but not with outlaw, even with the Shoulders I always wear.

Healing is fine for Assa, I use Leech poison in the open world.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    When Legion just came out, Feral was awful. But I find myself alternating between Balance and Feral for world quests now (I'm Resto main spec). I'm generally very ranged inclined, so I guess I'm used to however long it takes to kill things as a ranged DPS. That said, I'm currently trying to level a Rogue and hating it. I don't know if it's because I'm trying to level as Subtlety, but I'm desperate to get to 102 to see if another spec is better.