Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Nobody cared.
    Some people cared i know it

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to look ugly again!

You look like a clown, then you get your set, then you get a piece better later on and look like a clown again.

There was a reason I wasted bag space for another set of armor, just for when I wasn't raiding.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-12-28 at 09:00 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You look like a clown, then you get your set, then you get a piece better later on and look like a clown again...
    ...then you get your new set and look awesome again.

...then you get a piece better later on and look like a clown again.

Thats the true PvE experience of my days i miss it so much

I have a hard time wrapping my ahead around not wanting transmog other than a sheer purist 'it wasn't in VANILLA' stance.

What does it hurt? You still have to EARN a piece of armor to transmog it. Would vanilla really be ruined if someone transmogged their dungeon set onto their tier 2 because they like the look of it better? Or if leveling characters transmog lower level gear onto their current gear so they don't look like a clown with odd questing rewards?

I get not wanting lfg/lfr to focus more on server communities.

I get not wanting flying mounts.

I get wanting to go back to attunements and 40 man raids etc.

I get wanting a variation of poisons and blessings and auras and totems etc.

Even aoe looting which I see no reason to not want, at least speeds up the tedium a bit so I can see how someone 'might' want to make an arguement there.

But I have a hard time getting why people would be against something purely cosmetic like this. Because it's not even like today where you get the same armor model in a different colors across difficulties. If someone wants to transmog their tier 1 over their tier 2 they still have to EARN that set. The exclusivity angle is STILL there. Things like transmog and barborshop IMO are harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, Transmog affects gameplay.
    Soon as transmog was implemented there ceased to exist incentive to farm gear in the current raid tier to look good.
    When transmog is in the game everyone looks good. This creates an environment where no one feels the need to improve their character. It stops the sense of hurry because everyone is already beautiful.

NO transmog is the authentic PvE experience.

You start by looking like a clown and progressively you look awesome. Slowly but surely.

If your BiS gear doesnt match you can always equip the complete raid tier set on major cities (manually) just for the fashion show and to look cool. Just like in a oldshool Roleplay server.

This is the authentic experience.
    Lets all have fun in Classic shall we?
    Don't like transmog don't do it.. It's that easy.. Don't punish everyone else. I do see your point, but bliz has been getting lazy with cool teir sets for priests and i'm undead. if I was so worried what someone else was doing progress wise, I can look them Up on wol or wow-progress.. In the mean time, I will continue to change my sets whenever I want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I have a hard time wrapping my ahead around not wanting transmog other than a sheer purist 'it wasn't in VANILLA' stance.

What does it hurt? You still have to EARN a piece of armor to transmog it. Would vanilla really be ruined if someone transmogged their dungeon set onto their tier 2 because they like the look of it better? Or if leveling characters transmog lower level gear onto their current gear so they don't look like a clown with odd questing rewards?

I get not wanting lfg/lfr to focus more on server communities.

I get not wanting flying mounts.

I get wanting to go back to attunements and 40 man raids etc.

I get wanting a variation of poisons and blessings and auras and totems etc.

Even aoe looting which I see no reason to not want, at least speeds up the tedium a bit so I can see how someone 'might' want to make an arguement there.

But I have a hard time getting why people would be against something purely cosmetic like this. Because it's not even like today where you get the same armor model in a different colors across difficulties. If someone wants to transmog their tier 1 over their tier 2 they still have to EARN that set. The exclusivity angle is STILL there. Things like transmog and barborshop IMO are harmless.
    TLDR: In a world without transmog...is a fashion show in major cities. It's a shower of prestige for your snowflake self.

And people dont EARN transmogs in retail WoW. Its old outdated content that is roflstomped.
    In Classic yes, people actually would earn it because there is no low level content BUT STILL it would ruin the authentic experience.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-12-28 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it was not in Vanilla WoW and does not belong in Classic

You can absolutely play the retail version of WoW without xmog. You just don't use it.

Do I want xmog on Classic servers? No.

TLDR: In a world without transmog...is a fashion show in major cities. It's a shower of prestige for your snowflake self.

And people dont EARN transmogs in retail WoW. Its old outdated content that is roflstomped.
    In Classic yes, people actually would earn it because there is no low level content BUT STILL it would ruin the authentic experience.
    What would be ruined by say someone running Strat or MC with a scarlet monastery set transmogged for example? You still have your fashion show of prestige, the high end raiders will still have their sets and fancy weapons that other people don't have. It just gives people more options for appearances they've earned. I mean nothing in vanila stopped me from just manually swapping to an RP set while I was in town anyway, I did that even when I wasn't actually ropleplaying just because it looked better. What's the harm in letting someone fight while transmogged, when again, you still have to do the content to get the gear to transmog in the first place?

I completely agree with you, OP.

I believe we are in the minority, though. That said, I also expect that Blizz (hopefully) won't include xmog in Classic.

Deleted
    What would be ruined by say someone running Strat or MC with a scarlet monastery set transmogged for example? You still have your fashion show of prestige, the high end raiders will still have their sets and fancy weapons that other people don't have. It just gives people more options for appearances they've earned. I mean nothing in vanila stopped me from just manually swapping to an RP set while I was in town anyway, I did that even when I wasn't actually ropleplaying just because it looked better. What's the harm in letting someone fight while transmogged, when again, you still have to do the content to get the gear to transmog in the first place?
    Yeah, i understand Tmog in Vanilla has little effect but still it has some effect.
    And if a Burning Crusade server was ever to see the light of day...everything would be ruined again.

Tmog in Vanilla...sure it will affect very little BUT is still bad because everyone would be running with scarlet monestary sets and dungeons sets. It would just be weird and would affect PvP in a major way as well.

Deleted
    Transmog gave me countless hours of content, countless. Transmog is the only reason i do PvE, current PvE, and older one. I'm mainly a PvP player, even if PvE is really enjoyable at my level (I'm not doing any Mythic raid, HM is my max.)
    The argument "It kills the RPG aspect" is just... ridiculous, you can still do that now, in Legion, i mean, not using transmog, and guess what, it doesn't change anything.

I agree at the argument "It's not gonna be Vanilla", even while being said with arrogance and disdain like the true Vanilla community i experience back then. Because, well, we didn't have transmog back then, so, true experience indeed.

However, as i said previously, most of the arguments against here are just EXACTLY what i experienced in Vanilla with my SP. People wants to judge people. They wants to look someone and judge him. "He's trash, he's a casual, he's a good player" (Good player = plays more than the others). I remember exactly the week i got my rank 10 in Vanilla, it was the same week i got Anathema. (My "guild" that i thought were nice people didn't want to give me the quest item and let it in the chest because i had the 3 "plague" of Vanilla : i was young, i was a shadowpriest, and i played PvP. Talk about nice and warm community. It was horrible back then, it's horrible now.). This week was "Finally i look like a true shadowpriest.". It was indeed glorious, but not a real difference as now. I got Argus scythe, i was fucking happy. I got the "DK look-a-like" set from Antorus, i was happy too.

Transmog addition was welcome by everyone, it's just your blind hate of everything "not vanilla".

I'm totally against it for a classic realm, like you, but your arguments are just miserable.
    I'm not gonna play Classic realm too, i... don't have enough time to do it, and i already did the solo levelling experience in 2005.

Deleted
    I can personally say that i dislike the idea of transmog. I played vanilla from launch to summer 2006 and then returned in the fall of 2016. The huge difference between vanilla and Legion was overwhelming to me, and the most annoying thing was the transmog system. I liked being able to just look at someone and know their experience and progress in raids etc. (Well i do dislike LFG tool and cross-servers but thats offtopic). I know i might not have the same right to complain about these 'improvements' since i as absent for 10 years, but this is still my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, people want to get raid tier sets nowadays for the STATS and the stats alone.
    While back then it was STATS + LOOKS.
    Outside of chilling in a city, that never happened.

Yeah, i understand Tmog in Vanilla has little effect but still it has some effect.
    And if a Burning Crusade server was ever to see the light of day...everything would be ruined again.

Tmog in Vanilla...sure it will affect very little BUT is still bad because everyone would be running with scarlet monestary sets and dungeons sets. It would just be weird and would affect PvP in a major way as well.
    How would a BC server with transmog ruin anything either?

Okay sure, someone could go into BWL at level 70 and have an easier time getting the gear than someone else...but all the BC tiers will require real effort still, and even without transmog nothing would stop me from getting some 70 friends, getting my tier 2 and wearing it in town even without transmog. It sounds to me your issue is more that they don't remove these rewards when new expansions come out, allowing people to get them more easily, rather than a problem with the transmog system.

I don't see transmog as damaging anything, I see it ADDing to the RP aspect of the game by giving you further customization of your character's look drawing from a pool of armor pieces you've acquired.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So... Much.. Butthurt! The anti-transmoggers are fucking hilarious!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You still need to earn the sets which would still take ages given the shitty drop rates of everything. Your precious snowflake self would have all of its e-peen intact since the run of the mill person (who doesn't really care about your nice looking armor, especially 13 years after vanilla comes out, but let's humor you and assume they do) won't have access to a full T2 set.

Deleted
    How would a BC server with transmog ruin anything either?

Okay sure, someone could go into BWL at level 70 and have an easier time getting the gear than someone else...but all the BC tiers will require real effort still, and even without transmog nothing would stop me from getting some 70 friends, getting my tier 2 and wearing it in town even without transmog. It sounds to me your issue is more that they don't remove these rewards when new expansions come out, allowing people to get them more easily, rather than a problem with the transmog system.

I don't see transmog as damaging anything, I see it ADDing to the RP aspect of the game by giving you further customization of your character's look drawing from a pool of armor pieces you've acquired.
    You pretty much answered why would Tmog ruin a Bruning Crusade server.
    People would just farm low level raids and look cool instead of doing new content.

Sure, i've seen some people doing it manually in Burning Crusade, showing off their tier 1 in shattrath...but those people would be laughed at. At least I would laugh at them.
    Because there is a "seasonal fashion show" going on. The "fashion show" of current raid tier sets. And thats the show everyone is playing...

Equipping low level raid tier in major cities pre trasnmog is pointless and actually funny to most people. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

...then you get a piece better later on and look like a clown again.

Thats the true PvE experience of my days i miss it so much
    I don't miss it, hence I cheered for transmogging. Never liked looking like someone dropped a bucket of paint over me. Never was a PvE experience to me, my gear spoke where I've been yes but nothing more. I had no need to brag, nor do I have a need to brag.

- - - Updated - - -

You pretty much answered why would Tmog ruin a Bruning Crusade server.
    People would just farm low level raids and look cool instead of doing new content.

Sure, i've seen some people doing it manually in Burning Crusade, showing off their tier 1 in shattrath...but those people would be laughed at. At least I would laugh at them.
    Because there is a "seasonal fashion show" going on. The "fashion show" of current raid tier sets. And thats the show everyone is playing...

Equipping low level raid tier in major cities pre trasnmog is pointless and actually funny to most people. ^_^
    What was pointless in equipping low tiers in major cities? I mean, that isn't where the fight is at.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What was pointless in equipping low tiers in major cities? I mean, that isn't where the fight is at.
    LoL idk, but i remember perfectly seeing one guy in Shattrath with old gear and thinking "LOL take a look at this nerd. That gear is not relevant or rare at all"

I was a kid but i remember this xD