Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brother, if your parents name you Bob and you insist on being called George, then who m I do deny respects to the ones who heeded Lord's call and invited you into this world. Nameless he is, I won't call him Lord's child or brother. My respect is true, but so I must be too.

You assume to know my creed, brother. You don't. My Lord is Flame and Shadow. Not to mention that sola scriptura is a star in a certain system. Not all of us can observe it.
    Wait Flame and Shadow, Flaming shadow, IT'S A NARUTO REFERENCE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    ... and share base models of existing races....
    What about the Zandalari, their models only share some animations with night elves, otherwise it's completely unique

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    AAAAAH, extremely dedicated RP, my apologies. Carry on.
    No, brother, no, it is not the case. But I must admit, you did put a smile on this face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Oh holy shit. So it's not even religion or badly understood biology he's hiding behind, it's fucking ROLEPLAY?

That, right there, is a whoooole other level of complete piece of shit. You're an asshole, Heart, and you're either an asshole for being so dedicated to your character that you're willing to upset and hurt people, or an asshole because you're happy to upset and hurt people while framing it as some shit-ass Game of Thrones roleplay.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your back hair.
    I forgive you. Find solace in knowledge that I too would fall for an easy conclusion if someone offered such explanation to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Wait Flame and Shadow, Flaming shadow, IT'S A NARUTO REFERENCE

- - - Updated - - -

What about the Zandalari, their models only share some animations with night elves, otherwise it's completely unique
    Is it in Naruto too, brother? I can think of two popular fantasy instances: Balrogs from Tolkien's universe and R'hllor from A Song of Ice and Fire. Maybe I should sport Red Priest avatar.

Aren't Zandalari using all of Night Elf animations?

At the time of writing, the ones on the Isle of Thunder, yes. I predict by release: no.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    At the time of writing, the ones on the Isle of Thunder, yes. I predict by release: no.
    I can speak only about what Blizzard presented during Blizzcon, brother, but Zandalari NPC used Night Elf animations, this I'm certain. Whether they will change them or not, this I don't know.

Is it in Naruto too, brother? I can think of two popular fantasy instances: Balrogs from Tolkien's universe and R'hllor from A Song of Ice and Fire. Maybe I should sport Red Priest avatar.

Yeah, Hokage, it means Flaming Shadow I believe

No if you look on wowhead all the zandalari on Thunder Isle have unique basic attack and casting animations

Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    no more anthropomorphic animal races please; something more humanoid
    Well I don't want any more elves, and look what we got :P Beside, there are alot of anthropomorphic races in WoW, one or two more won't hurt. I mean, we got plenty of elves after all, and I can't stop Blizzard if they want to add Hairy Elf, Vegan Elf or Flipped Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Horde

- Ogres (in place of orcs)
    - Vulpera (in place of goblins)
    - Nathanos-style Undead (in place of regular undead)

Alliance

- Vrykul (in place of humans)
    - Sethrak (in place of gnomes)
    - Night Elf Worgen or Dragonmen (in place of Gilneans worgen)

The burly Tirasian human model and mag'har skins should really be additional customization options as their racial abilities likely wouldn't be different and neither are significantly different from playable orcs and humans in terms of culture or racial abilities.
    This is very solid! A great varity for each faction, it also bring something sort of old but new aswell. Personaly I hope for Vulpera for Horde and Sethrak for the Alliance, I would just be happy if they where added as a playable race at all to either faction!

Speaking of Sethrek themselves, alot of people mention that they could be Loa related, which I believe is most likely, cast out trolls that been transformed by a snake or a serpent loa to survive the harsh desert, and harbour great hatred towards their former kin.

But what if-.. they were Old God related? o: So far old god minions have mainly been inspired by Hexapoda and some Arachnid, and ofcourse Cephalopods. BUT, N'zoth was it? Transformed the Highbourne into Nagas, snake-like-people~ So, could the Sethrek be a minion direcly from an old god? As I remeber they did mention that Vuldun desert was once a lush forest, but turned into a horribal desert due to the Old Gods. And now Sethrek remains and wait untile their old god will arise~

Just a thought.

Deleted
    Yeah, Hokage, it means Flaming Shadow I believe

No if you look on wowhead all the zandalari on Thunder Isle have unique basic attack and casting animations
    Thank you, brother. One day I shall read this manga.

I'm not sure if they are unique, I have checked them and they are familiar, but I can't place them. I assume those are night elven too. One is a rogue like stab.

Thank you, brother. One day I shall read this manga.

I'm not sure if they are unique, I have checked them and they are familiar, but I can't place them. I assume those are night elven too. One is a rogue like stab.
    If you look at the animations for 1 handed non-pierce, and the 2HL animation, you'll notice the zandalari leap into their opponents, Night Elves don't, and they have the troll single target casting animation instead of the night elf one, and the AOE cast is sorta just raising their left hand with it flat, you know like... BOI

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the place for random offtopic Roleplay. Post like an actual person, please.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    This isn't the place for random offtopic Roleplay. Post like an actual person, please.
    I'm very sorry to hear that I'm not considered 'an actual person' because of how I write. I assure you that I'm not roleplaying, sister. As to whether it is derailing or not, I must say that it was not me who initiated this discourse. But of course, I do take blame for continuing it. My apologies. May Lord's light keep you warm in its shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at the animations for 1 handed non-pierce, and the 2HL animation, you'll notice the zandalari leap into their opponents, Night Elves don't, and they have the troll single target casting animation instead of the night elf one, and the AOE cast is sorta just raising their left hand with it flat, you know like... BOI
    Brother, 1 handed non pierce is for all races if I'm not mistaken. Yes, one casting is most definitely trollish, but omni one is male Night Elf. That being said, we shall see in the upcoming months how Blizzard is going to treat their animation kit.
    Last edited by mmocbf7d4bd671; 2017-12-27 at 10:02 AM.

I'm very sorry to hear that I'm not considered 'an actual person' because of how I write. I assure you that I'm not roleplaying, sister. As to whether it is derailing or not, I must say that it was not me who initiated this discourse. But of course, I do take blame for continuing it. My apologies. May Lord's light keep you warm in its shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Brother, 1 handed non pierce is for all races if I'm not mistaken. Yes, one casting is most definitely trollish, but omni one is male Night Elf. That being said, we shall see in the upcoming months how Blizzard is going to treat their animation kit.
    Actually if you look at all the 1h non-pierce of all the races, It's definitely different for each one, and the Omni cast is definitely different from the night elf, The night elf male raises his hand as far up as it could go, The zandalari has about a 90% bend in their raised arm, check thev wowhead model viewer

Deleted
    Actually if you look at all the 1h non-pierce of all the races, It's definitely different for each one, and the Omni cast is definitely different from the night elf, The night elf male raises his hand as far up as it could go, The zandalari has about a 90% bend in their raised arm, check thev wowhead model viewer
    I have checked it, brother. Maybe my eyes fail me, but differences are really small.

To be honest I don't care. I'd take either the Snake or the Fox people, both new races are f* awesome.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I remember reading that each faction will end up establishing a major foothold on the other's new island sometime in the expansion. I can't see the Alliance working with the blood trolls, so unless they go it totally alone, that pretty much only leaves the sethrak for them to partner up with. The two make a lot of sense together, and not just because they both hate the Horde. Sethrak were described as a "major, major power" and an empire on the rise, so I think the Alliance being, well, an alliance, could appeal to them through allowing them to keep their sovereignty and not having to swear any oaths to a Warchief.

The Horde are a bit trickier, but we've seen at least one vulpera pirate. I can imagine the Horde moving in and propping up Freehold as their own after the death of Harlan Sweete in the dungeon story. The Horde has goblins, who aren't strangers to dealing with pirates and negotiating with "privateers" I imagine, and maybe some of the vulpera they meet in Vol'dun can help them strike a better deal, too.

What'd be even cooler, though, is the Horde getting something going with the drust. We don't know much about them yet, but we know they want vengeance against Kul Tirans, and they want to return to the mortal world. Well, with Bwonsamdi being relevant, and Sylvanas being the Warchief, I think the drust have a lot of potential to end up working with the Horde. If they end up putting out allied races each major patch, I could see it being vulpera and monster hunters for 8.1, and then drust and sethrak for 8.2. That way, the first patch gives each faction a race relevant to their new island, while the second offers them one tied to the opposite faction's new lands.

no snake people pls thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I remember reading that each faction will end up establishing a major foothold on the other's new island sometime in the expansion. I can't see the Alliance working with the blood trolls, so unless they go it totally alone, that pretty much only leaves the sethrak for them to partner up with. The two make a lot of sense together, and not just because they both hate the Horde. Sethrak were described as a "major, major power" and an empire on the rise, so I think the Alliance being, well, an alliance, could appeal to them through allowing them to keep their sovereignty and not having to swear any oaths to a Warchief.

The Horde are a bit trickier, but we've seen at least one vulpera pirate. I can imagine the Horde moving in and propping up Freehold as their own after the death of Harlan Sweete in the dungeon story. The Horde has goblins, who aren't strangers to dealing with pirates and negotiating with "privateers" I imagine, and maybe some of the vulpera they meet in Vol'dun can help them strike a better deal, too.

What'd be even cooler, though, is the Horde getting something going with the drust. We don't know much about them yet, but we know they want vengeance against Kul Tirans, and they want to return to the mortal world. Well, with Bwonsamdi being relevant, and Sylvanas being the Warchief, I think the drust have a lot of potential to end up working with the Horde. If they end up putting out allied races each major patch, I could see it being vulpera and monster hunters for 8.1, and then drust and sethrak for 8.2. That way, the first patch gives each faction a race relevant to their new island, while the second offers them one tied to the opposite faction's new lands.
    Um, the Drust are extinct and I doubt Sylvanas would be fine allying with a bunch of death magicians, I think if Horde needed any allies in kul'tiras, I say go for the quilboar. like maybe in patch 8.1.5, we get for new allied races, one from kul'tiras and one from zandalar per faction, Alliance gets Sethrak and kul'tiran humans, and horde gets Vulpera and quilboar(or something from kul'tiras I don't know)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    get the @&!# out

7+ Year Old Account
    Um, the Drust are extinct and I doubt Sylvanas would be fine allying with a bunch of death magicians, I think if Horde needed any allies in kul'tiras, I say go for the quilboar. like maybe in patch 8.1.5, we get for new allied races, one from kul'tiras and one from zandalar per faction, Alliance gets Sethrak and kul'tiran humans, and horde gets Vulpera and quilboar(or something from kul'tiras I don't know)
    Considering the Quilboar shaman roots it makes sense for them to join the Horde and for a realistic alliance with them, as for the Drust its kinda tricky but not impossible since Sylvanas isnt opposed to unorthodox alliances just look at the Stormheim story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Yes this game needs more Elves

It wouldn't be the first time the Horde has sought questionable allies or means to victory. We still don't know what sort of deal Sylvanas struck with Helya, or how the story with Vol'jiin and Bwonsamdi will play out. I think there's more to the drust than them being just death magicians, too. They're the natives that Kul Tiras drove to extinction, but then refused to perish out of sheer thirst for vengeance. That sounds an awful lot like the Forsaken to me, and I think the two could relate a lot like the blood elves and nightborne do.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Considering the Quilboar shaman roots it makes sense for them to join the Horde and for a realistic alliance with them, as for the Drust its kinda tricky but not impossible since Sylvanas isnt opposed to unorthodox alliances just look at the Stormheim story.
    I really can't imagine the quilboar being a big enough power in Kul Tiras to be a worthwhile ally for the Horde. If anything, the Kul Tirans probably imported them to have another source of sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time the Horde has sought questionable allies or means to victory. We still don't know what sort of deal Sylvanas struck with Helya, or how the story with Vol'jiin and Bwonsamdi will play out. I think there's more to the drust than them being just death magicians, too. They're the natives that Kul Tiras drove to extinction, but then refused to perish out of sheer thirst for vengeance. That sounds an awful lot like the Forsaken to me, and I think the two could relate a lot like the blood elves and nightborne do.

I really can't imagine the quilboar being a big enough power in Kul Tiras to be a worthwhile ally for the Horde. If anything, the Kul Tirans probably imported them to have another source of sausage.
    The Drust just sound a bit too much like the lich king for my tastes, and would they truly have any loyalty towards the horde, also I bet quilboar tastes disgusting

Meat's meat, and a Kul Tiran's gotta eat.