Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully beta will start soon and i get invited i hope my desktop pc can handle these new things all looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The original human Kingdom Arathor expanded after the troll wars and those happened 2.800 before the opening of the dark portal officially it began expanding 2700 years ago so at that time Gilneas might have come to be, but since Kul'tiras is now an offshoot of Gilneas it should be even younger ca 2.500 years ago or so.

This is how the human kingdom looked 2.800 years ago

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...l_Wars_Map.jpg
    Fair enough, thanks for the info. Maybe the just rounded up for the presentation and the quests will give a more accurate representation of the history.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how tiny the zones will be, I doubt any actual exploring will take place for more than 15 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    I recommend you to get an M2 SSD. Mine runs a mind boggling 2,5 GB/sec read speed, and it fixed literally every single lag problem I had that wasn't connected to the internet. Dalaran loads in around 10-20 seconds, and the game no longer tries to crash your PC when you attempt to join a 40-man group in the middle of a world boss kill. Of course, those drives are still really expensive, but I find the time you save in load times more than makes up for it.
    Most of players cannot use m2 ssd because they motherboards are too old for that standard. And m2 ssd cost like good cpu.

I'm honestly not very excited for BFA, the Alliance area looks very bland / boring, while the Horde area looks pretty cool aesthetically but the Troll stuff will get old. There is really no feeling of going somewhere that matters (especially from an Alliance perspective). Not to mention we are going from defeating the Burning Legion and fighting with Titans to going against the weakest possible enemies in comparison.

I hope things turn out different but based on what I see I'm worried. Blizzard hasn't done a good job of Horde vs Alliance themes in past expansions due to PvE being more focused on than PvP (Thus Warfronts not even being real PvP...) which completely defeats the purpose of a "faction war".

I know the main villain of the expansion is said to be Azshara and that has a ton of potential but based on what we have seen so far that's not anywhere near launch.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2017-12-29 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitras View Post
    Most of players cannot use m2 ssd because they motherboards are too old for that standard. And m2 ssd cost like good cpu.
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250GB thats the best -not expensive- with 3200 speed read. And a good cpu costs more than this. For us in Greece costs 126 euro

Quote Originally Posted by tibblaye View Post
    if Vulpera dont become an allied race i will rage
    Not sure if they ain't a little bit tooooooooo cute(which means they would end up in the alliance anyway). They somehow look like they are right from some Zelda universe...and I think Blizz didn't have much luck with the cute panda models either.

I want those fat guy guy models as player models. About time for more physical diversity. End the clone wars... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Looks pretty nice so far.

Though blizz has it again with its inconsistencies, Kul'tiras can't be 3.000 years old -.-'
    Blizz is so good when it comes to lore right. No wonder why people don't even bother, or gets confused.

This is the first expansion in 12 years that I've had really no excitement for, it just seems like the epitome of a filler expansion. Yay, some forest areas, a grassy area, a desert, some places with snow, troll areas; while yes, it all looks very nice and will be fun to see it at first since it's something new...it's not something to be excited about when there is 20 other places like that ingame. I really hope to be surprised by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge, huge wotlk zones vibe for some of the zones, that's great, I'm not alone feeling this ?

Deleted

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm honestly not very excited for BFA, the Alliance area looks very bland / boring, while the Horde area looks pretty cool aesthetically but the Troll stuff will get old. There is really no feeling of going somewhere that matters (especially from an Alliance perspective). Not to mention we are going from defeating the Burning Legion and fighting with Titans to going against the weakest possible enemies in comparison.

I hope things turn out different but based on what I see I'm worried. Blizzard hasn't done a good job of Horde vs Alliance themes in past expansions due to PvE being more focused on than PvP (Thus Warfronts not even being real PvP...) which completely defeats the purpose of a "faction war".

I know the main villain of the expansion is said to be Azshara and that has a ton of potential but based on what we have seen so far that's not anywhere near launch.
    Yes, because Legion areas are so cool.. (sarcasm)

Azshara is the final boss in the 2nd raid.

They never said Warfronts are PvP. So I don't understand what your 'real pvp' is.

Old gods > Burning Legion (at least in my view)

Your comment has no bases at all, What you said is totally the opposite of what was said at blizzcon. Apart from your sones opinion.

So, in "Battle for Azeroth" where we're going to have the Alliance and Horde fighting each other we have leveling zones that are completely kept separated that way we can't possibly fight? Good one, Blizzard.

Deleted
    I voted Drustvar, even though I mainly play Horde and I won't be able to explore it until the end (right?) it's what I went for. Mainly because I love all the witch things and the theme around those, like ancient pagan magic. Even though it's a swampy area which isn't my favourite, I enjoy the overall feel of the theme

Second place for me would be Nazmir/Zuldazar, dinosaurs and open spaces. I LOVE a nice open zone. Like Mulgore was, starting there was a wonderful experience and I would love them to replicate that feel, then throw some giant dinosaurs in the distance and it will be so cool ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    I voted Drustvar, even though I mainly play Horde and I won't be able to explore it until the end (right?) it's what I went for. Mainly because I love all the witch things and the theme around those, like ancient pagan magic. Even though it's a swampy area which isn't my favourite, I enjoy the overall feel of the theme

Second place for me would be Nazmir/Zuldazar, dinosaurs and open spaces. I LOVE a nice open zone. Like Mulgore was, starting there was a wonderful experience and I would love them to replicate that feel, then throw some giant dinosaurs in the distance and it will be so cool ^_^
    Pretty sure all 3 zones are 110-120. The endgame ones are technically the other continent for the respective faction. So for example 120 Horde go to Kul Tiras and 120 Alliance go to Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    So, in "Battle for Azeroth" where we're going to have the Alliance and Horde fighting each other we have leveling zones that are completely kept separated that way we can't possibly fight? Good one, Blizzard.
    Ganking is not fighting. After 14 years Blizzard finally came to this realization and removed this aspect of the game.
    I sincerely hope gankers will be true to their word and unsub from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    Yeah because getting ganked in HFP on most servers by a 110 as a 60 is "fighting".

Proper world PvP hasn't existed for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    I recommend you to get an M2 SSD.
    You don't really need a M2, got the same loading speed on my 850 evo.

Is there a video to those screenshots?
    Last edited by Maduk; 2017-12-29 at 11:31 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    this is going to be interesting.

I would reaaaaally like to see the artwotk concepts for building textures and general feeling of the expansion, so far nothing seems very specific, not at least like Legion where the early artworks already gave us a clear idea of the look and feel of the expansion, lots of Felslate stones, cursed stones and fel-soul infused walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    At first glance they look far better than what we got in Legion.

Zuldazar grabs my attention the most, finally we’ll get a Horde exclusive capital rather than a ‘neutral’ city or a basic bitch hub. Swamps and deserts in general can either be my favourite or most hated zones in the game depending on how they’re designed.

The Alliance areas look good too, awesome sailor theme. Some of my friends are going Alliance for them.