Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New years eve party in Berlin to have safe zone for women

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42502984

Organisers of Berlin's New Year's Eve celebrations are to set up a "safe zone" for women for the first time.

The new security measures planned for the Brandenburg Gate party come amid concerns about sexual assaults.

A large number of assaults and robberies targeting women at Cologne's New Year's Eve celebrations two years ago horrified Germany.

Hundreds of women reported being attacked by gangs of men with migrant backgrounds.

The events in Cologne heightened tensions in the country over the large influx of refugees and migrants - 1.1m people arrived in Germany in 2015, some, but by no means all, fleeing violence in Syria and Iraq.

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to attend the New Year's Eve party in Berlin on Sunday and security will be strict. Large bags, such as rucksacks, and alcoholic drinks will be banned at the Brandenburg Gate.

Women who have been assaulted or feel harassed will be able to get support at a special "safety zone", staffed by the German Red Cross, on Ebertstrasse

The city's police have also issued advice to women, encouraging them to seek help if they feel threatened and to carry a small bag with no valuables.

Cologne officials set up a "security point", staffed by social workers and psychologists, at the city's 2016 carnival following the New Year's Eve attacks.

But the idea of a special safe zone for women at large public events has not been welcomed by everyone.

Critics say it does not tackle the perpetrators of sexual violence, while some others complain it is discriminatory..

Lol... what a step backwards for Germany, you have to start giving people safe spaces to go, what a disaster.

EDIT: see this post, theres nothing on the official website about this and no other news agency other than BBC reporting this, may be false. My bad for not doing proper research before posting i guess
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-12-29 at 01:33 PM.

Was this due to arabs, africans and afghans sexually assaulting women in masses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Was this due to arabs, africans and afghans sexually assaulting women in masses?
    from the article
    Hundreds of women reported being attacked by gangs of men with migrant backgrounds.

The events in Cologne heightened tensions in the country over the large influx of refugees and migrants - 1.1m people arrived in Germany in 2015, some, but by no means all, fleeing violence in Syria and Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    from the article
    Yeah but migrant can mean anyone that's moved there. I don't think people from the netherlands would do that in such numbers.

This thread will go places.... dark places.
    Btw 90% of all sexual attacks happen in germany at home done by germans but hey better hate the drunk brown person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah but migrant can mean anyone that's moved there. I don't think people from the netherlands would do that in such numbers.
    When people say migrant background they nearly always mean people from MENA, but unless the police there release an official statement about what happened then we won't know i guess. Unless the police did release a statement, i don't know.

There is also this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38488854

German police say they were right to question hundreds of men of North African origin in Cologne on New Year's Eve, rejecting criticism that it amounted to racial profiling.
    and this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42502984
    Correspondents say the identification of the attackers as North African or Arab in appearance has caused alarm in Germany because of the influx of more than a million migrants and refugees in the past year.

isn't diversity beautiful? This is truly the power of the German people now!
    Working on my next ban.

Having safe zones for women is sexist, islamophobic and xenophobic. Multiculture is a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    This thread will go places.... dark places.
    Btw 90% of all sexual attacks happen in germany at home done by germans but hey better hate the drunk brown person.
    It doesn't have to to go dark places.

And if you can find me an article about masses of Germans going around in groups and sexually assaulting girls at events then ill post about that as well.

So this is going to be the daily racist circlejerk thread?

There's going to be more than A FUCKING MILLION DRUNK PEOPLE there, of course, there's gonna be problems, like any football game, but 20-fold. And most of the inculpated groups are neither "migrants" nor "refugees", just travelling criminals looking for easy opportunities. Which will be there, thousandfold. I beg you to come up with something better than "denying nonwhite people entry" to solve this. I'll wait. But i'm not holding my breath.

And as mentioned, 9 of 10 rapes happen with somebody the victim knows, it's hardly ever that stranger in a dark alley. But racists can't stop projecting.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-12-29 at 01:17 PM.

It doesn't have to to go dark places.

And if you can find me an article about masses of Germans going around in groups and sexually assaulting girls at events then ill post about that as well.
    Go visit the Oktoberfest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So this is going to be the dily racist circlejerk thread?

There's going to be more than A FUCKING MILLION DRUNK PEOPLE there, of course, there's gonna be problems, like any football game, but 20-fold. And most of the incuplated groups are neither "migrants" nor "refugees", just travelling criminals looking for easy opportunities. Which will be there, thousandfold. I beg you to come up with something better than "denying nonwhite people entry" to solve this. I'll wait. But i'm not holding my breath.
    Why is discussing this racist? If there are groups of people from specific backgrounds going around sexually assaulting people in mass then it should be discussed as to why that group is cuasing so much trouble. No matter what those peoples backgrounds are, i'd have made the same thread if the groups were reported to be white germans, Its sad that the only way the police can protect their own people is by segregating them, it's a step back.

Deleted
    Well the official website of the party does not say anything about that. They will be controlling bags / purses and have regulations about which items are allowed to bring with you and which not. Just like we had in Munich at the Oktoberfest.

Stop spreading lies.

https://www.berliner-silvester.de/fe...burgertor.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well the official website of the party does not say anything about that. They will be controlling bags / purses and have regulations about which items are allowed to bring with you and which not.

Stop spreading lies.

https://www.berliner-silvester.de/fe...burgertor.html
    I took the information from a news article, its not like i pulled it out of thin air.

The bbc is generally trustworthy, but how ever they have not cited a source for this one, so there is a chance the bbc is spouting its famous anti migrant agenda.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-12-29 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Go visit the Oktoberfest.
    I was there this year. There was a noticeable lack of the sort of chaos @Peggle is referring to.

Why is discussing this racist? If there are groups of people from specific backgrounds going around sexually assaulting people in mass then it should be discussed as to why that group is cuasing so much trouble. No matter what those peoples backgrounds are, i'd have made the same thread if the groups were reported to be white germans, Its sad that the only way the police can protect their own people is by segregating them, it's a step back.
    Well the same thing happens at the Oktoberfest every year. Or any other big festival. I didn't see half as many threads there. Lot of people + alcohol + anonymity = rise in crime. It's not that complicated. And you exactly know which kind of answers you want to attract with this kind of thread. It's hardly surprising, right wingers are easily triggered sheeple, that are unable to see through their narrow filter bubble.

Deleted
    Well the same thing happens at the Oktoberfest every year. Or any other big festival. I didn't see half as many threads there. Lot of people + alcohol + anonymity = rise in crime. It's not that complicated. And you exactly know which kind of answers you want to attract with this kind of thread. It's hardly surprising, right wingers are easily triggered sheeple, that are unable to see through their narrow filter bubble.
    Firstly places like Oktoberfest is usually drunk people harrassing drunk people and the general pickpockets you expect at large events, and its not on the scale of groups of men (that are most likely sober) going around and targetting women. And im not expecting any type of answers, like @scubistacy pointed out, theres nothing on the official website about this and the ony article i can find about it the BBC one, so its possible the information is false anyway, i have no problem accepting that, i came here for a discussion, if the point of the discussion is moot then discussion over.
    I'm also barely right wing, i don't know why people like you try to make everything left vs right, and using words like sheeple etc, doesn't really help your case.

Deleted
    Haha guys if we carry on like this we're ALL gonna be infracted or banned.

But I'm curious anyway so... IN.

Ah so this is how gender segregation will start .

Well the same thing happens at the Oktoberfest every year. Or any other big festival.
    Hundreds of girls are assaulted, often stripped and robbed by huge gangs of guys each year at every other big festival?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!