Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post

Bring back MoP hunter specs. Please and thank you. At least for SV and BM. Bring back maybe WoD or WotLK MM.
    MoP BM was fun and really good deeps if I remember rightly xD

mop bm had execute, usefull stampede, serpent sting as dot, cobra shot as focus generator, arcane shot as filler, crows, glaive toss etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Just because something is not achievable/impossible does NOT mean we shouldn't strive for it. Of course Blizzard will never perfectly balance all the specs! But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be trying.

That's a pointless endeavour when you consider that we aren't talking about morals here but game design and you want results that are enjoyable and not some unfinished product that ends up not being applicable. Blizzards goal IS equal DPS, but the only way to achieve that with diverse gameplay and unique identities is by using down and upsides, there is no point in trying the impossible.

I can't have the cake and eat it, even if you want to strife for it because that would be the optimal scenario
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-12-29 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    You look for it. I am not taking my afternoon looking through thread and thread of that crap. There is no database for this garbage. It was said. It is a fact. MM as less mobility and will be compensated by doing more damage. BM will do less damage but have more mobility. .
    No, it's not a fact. No, it wasn't said.

You've had over a week to provide a source for your assertion and you can't.

That's because nobody ever said it.

I'm starting to buy into the theory that more people should abandon the class, in order for it to get more attention.

The main problem I have with BM is that this is what my best gear is currently

https://gyazo.com/569fc8455d34c87bf0c1e20cb0d220fb

The stats are all over the place. Set pieces arent useful. Every time we look at gear we have to resim our characters to see if our scaling reverses itself because we equip a single piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    At the 75th percentile, which is where you should aim to at least be, the difference between the top and bottom spec, on HC, is a rather nominal 200k. Sure, that gap could be closed a bit, but it's not as drastic a difference as you might think.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

At the 90th percentile, the gap increases to about 300k. It's not much of a difference tbh.

Someone has to be bottom of the ladder.
    Why can’t the gap be closer though, like say 50k vs 300? The most likely response will be cause of how easy BM is, but I wanted to ask anyway since I really don’t see it taking away from other players if the gaps for all classes were closer.

Let me ask this, if BM had a closer gap to the top spot do you guys honestly think ALL players that play dps would choose to then play dps even though most of the posts I read from people that state that BM should not do good dps also state they don’t like and/or would never play a brain dead spec like BM?

Quote Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
    Why can’t the gap be closer though, like say 50k vs 300? The most likely response will be cause of how easy BM is, but I wanted to ask anyway since I really don’t see it taking away from other players if the gaps for all classes were closer.

Let me ask this, if BM had a closer gap to the top spot do you guys honestly think ALL players that play dps would choose to then play dps even though most of the posts I read from people that state that BM should not do good dps also state they don’t like and/or would never play a brain dead spec like BM?
    I mean any mm is going to lose dps cos they have to move to avoid/perform a crucial mechanic, bm doesn't have that problem. That makes up ur gap

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    I mean any mm is going to lose dps cos they have to move to avoid/perform a crucial mechanic, bm doesn't have that problem. That makes up ur gap
    would be right if the dps gap was only in patchwork sims, and not in actual fight dps - but there is a decent gap still in actual fight dps, after BM's 'mobility' should show its advantage.

Bottom line BM in bottom half of all specs on every single fight (near last place on 4/11), and more than 25% below top dps in 5/11 fights . . . . . MM is a bit better but also not exactly FOTM either

Last edited by silverstarzs; 2018-01-01 at 05:03 PM.

Try again. If we were comparing sims, you could try this argument, but since we are comparing ACTUAL FIGHT DATA where movement is a must (mythic mechanics, etc.) and BM is still bottom-feeding, your argument falls flat. Not that it would be a good argument even if the gap did close with movement, since the game isn't designed with a philosophy of "higher damage for harder specs" and it never has been.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post
    would be right if the dps gap was only in patchwork sims, and not in actual fight dps - but there is a decent gap still in actual fight dps, after BM's 'mobility' should show its advantage.

Bottom line BM in bottom half of all specs on every single fight (near last place on 4/11), and more than 25% below top dps in 5/11 fights . . . . . MM is a bit better but also not exactly FOTM either

Try again. If we were comparing sims, you could try this argument, but since we are comparing ACTUAL FIGHT DATA where movement is a must (mythic mechanics, etc.) and BM is still bottom-feeding, your argument falls flat. Not that it would be a good argument even if the gap did close with movement, since the game isn't designed with a philosophy of "higher damage for harder specs" and it never has been.
    Idk why u compared against melee specs when bm is ranged.
    if u filter logs to hunter any bm is in/close to top of every patchwork/st fight, even survival is up there.
    its all viable no reason to complain about lack of dps.
    Last edited by Angrox; 2018-01-01 at 09:05 PM.

Idk why u compared against melee specs when bm is ranged.
    if u filter logs to hunter any bm is in/close to top of every patchwork/st fight, even survival is up there.
    its all viable no reason to complain about lack of dps.
    You're comparing BM to other (also shitty, but not nearly as shitty) Hunter specs? Lol.

You're comparing BM to other (also shitty, but not nearly as shitty) Hunter specs? Lol.
    Ya cos it's a pretty prime example of why bm is well balanced, cos their movement capability makes up for the lower dps than the other classes with movement restrictions that get passively nerfed in their rotations due to mandatory mechanics.
    The only thing unbalanced is locks dmg and how well they're designed for antorus.
    also ww is pretty retarded

Ya cos it's a pretty prime example of why bm is well balanced, cos their movement capability makes up for the lower dps than the other classes with movement restrictions that get passively nerfed in their rotations due to mandatory mechanics.
    It may somewhat make up for it on single target fights, where BM is one of the lowest but only by around 5-10% behind other classes. But it is nowhere near compensating for the fact that other ranged specs are doing 50-100% more damage than BM on AOE fights. And no, it's not just warlocks. It's every ranged class.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2070
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-01-02 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    No, it's not a fact. No, it wasn't said.

You've had over a week to provide a source for your assertion and you can't.

That's because nobody ever said it.
    Did you read the rest of the post? b/c I found the Q&A that said it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but MM is designed to do more damage because of its lack of mobility. i.e when you look at warcraft logs the higher % you go the bigger the gap between BM and MM gets.

Stop being in denial and accept it.

Deleted
    i hope they buff bm fast............. is it sooo weak bro come on blizz !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It may somewhat make up for it on single target fights, where BM is one of the lowest but only by around 5-10% behind other classes. But it is nowhere near compensating for the fact that other ranged specs are doing 50-100% more damage than BM on AOE fights. And no, it's not just warlocks. It's every ranged class.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2070
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4
    Ya they surely are poorely designed for the raid in terms of aoe as it's usually never grouped cleave.
    How would you suggest they fix this issue without a class design change?
    It's hard, i'd just deal with it and go mm for aoe like every other hunter with common sense.
    Only thing i can think of is increases range of beast cleave, but even that has it's own issues.
    Last edited by Angrox; 2018-01-03 at 10:13 PM.

Honestly buffing cobra shot by 75-150% would probably be enough to make BM raid viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Honestly buffing cobra shot by 75-150% would probably be enough to make BM raid viable.
    Short: nah

Long: off a random vari parse, it would buff my dps from 1.8mil to (75%) 2.16mil - (150%) 2.5mil

like a 20% increase would be dope but i think unfair to caster classes
    Last edited by Angrox; 2018-01-03 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I d rather an increase on range and dmg of beast cleave, 2nd option making even beast cleave dmg of both main pet and hati (as far as i know hati does 35% of main pets BC dmg)