Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BREAKING: Senior Software Engineer Position REMOVED from website!

Looks like the position got filled!

Baby steps forward, fellas!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fantastic news even if its really nothing much it really excites me and makes me realize how much more real all of this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to the man or woman, hopefully he or she won't be flooded too much.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    So what now ?
    You wait?

For a few years at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You wait?

Nope! Keep coping legion baby. Classic is imminent, believe me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    Legion-baby is the wrong term. The officially accepted derogatery terms are as follows:

TBC-kids
    Wotlk-babies
    Cata-fetuses
    MoP-sperms

WoD and Legion suffixes TBA.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It’s about time! (C)

Finally we are getting some good news! Hope to hear some names in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You wait?

You are such a cutie. Why do you troll us? It won't be much more than 6 months.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

It was only a matter of time.

Wondering if they filled the spot with someone from in-house, or took in a new name though. I wouldn't call it baby steps, they're probably going full speed ahead behind the scenes.

Still will be a while though, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Legion-baby is the wrong term. The officially accepted derogatery terms are as follows:

TBC-kids
    Wotlk-babies
    Cata-fetuses
    MoP-sperms

And people still believe that the Classic community is/will be representative of the best qualities that a gaming community has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And people still believe that the Classic community is/will be representative of the best qualities that a gaming community has to offer.
    Yes, but ofcourse people like ^ will also exist there, i.e like this statement in a classic thread has no purpose other than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post

TBC-kids
    Wotlk-babies
    Cata-fetuses
    MoP-sperms

Can we add Vanilla-vagabonds?

Can shorten to Vanilla-vags for convenience.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    So what now ?
    They can hire a second one

I hope there is some fall guy who will have the mental breakdown for interacting with fans. Hope they let this man do just the job.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Yes, but ofcourse people like ^ will also exist there, i.e like this statement in a classic thread has no purpose other than trolling.
    Is this all you people amount to? Either using derogatory terms for people enjoying the current product, or calling everyone disagreeing with you "trolls"...?

My statement stands, thanks for supporting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I hope there is some fall guy who will have the mental breakdown for interacting with fans. Hope they let this man do just the job.
    Hopefully they'll do all the work efficiently behind the scenes, and not involve the playerbase until the servers open up, perhaps having some PTR bug testing.
    Seeing how fractured the community is, they'd muck everything by listening to the whining.

Deleted
    Either that or Blizz are binning Classic and writing it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    You are such a cutie. Why do you troll us? It won't be much more than 6 months.
    Um... they haven't even hired everyone responsible for building and maintaining the classic realms and you think it'll be here in ~6 months? Are you high?

They emphasized this at Blizzcon, that work hasn't even begun yet. All that happened was that they figured out a way to run classic servers on the modern infrastructure. That was what made them decide, yeah okay, lets pull the trigger on this.

So anyone who thinks they're going to be playing on classic realms in a few months is delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    Legion baby says the Wrath baby who only knows about vanilla from playing that version of the game illegally. Or should we call you a private-server baby?

And if you're wondering whats wrong with being a Wrath baby, that is when the game officially went 'casual' and offended all the hardcore pros what with giving epics out like candy and "dumbing the game down". Beginning of the decline, they say.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-29 at 04:50 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Like I've said before, if this sub-forum is any indication as to what the Classic community will be like then I pity poor randoms who give the realms a try.

I do genuinely wonder if people will stop DPS if they are about to over aggro the tank, or just blame the tank. Same with the limited debuff slots, I can pretty much guarantee people will overwrite critical debuffs like Sunder Armour due to MAH DEEPS!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still will be a while though, for sure. And people still believe that the Classic community is/will be representative of the best qualities that a gaming community has to offer.
    Pretty much they will not rush into it, better to get it right than not.. And well with some of the posts in the classic sub forum is any guide of what the community is like, then the servers are going to be a cesspool of toxicity..

It's much simpler than you think to build and maintain the Classic Realms.

Nostalrius (all five -persons- of them) built their realm out of scratch in record time, and other Private Servers in the past ran out of people's barns on an Xeon X5450.

For a $ multi-billion company located a couple of hours drive away from Silicon Valley in what is the World's Tech and Programmer Capital State, the so-called "challenge" of making a modern client such as M[...]OS and start up a few servers is laughably easy. It's not even a challenge at all.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.