Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    You are such a cutie. Why do you troll us? It won't be much more than 6 months.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, hold on catching my breath, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... they haven't even hired everyone responsible for building and maintaining the classic realms and you think it'll be here in ~6 months? Are you high?

They emphasized this at Blizzcon, that work hasn't even begun yet. All that happened was that they figured out a way to run classic servers on the modern infrastructure. That was what made them decide, yeah okay, lets pull the trigger on this.

So anyone who thinks they're going to be playing on classic realms in a few months is delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion baby says the Wrath baby who only knows about vanilla from playing that version of the game illegally. Or should we call you a private-server baby?

And if you're wondering whats wrong with being a Wrath baby, that is when the game officially went 'casual' and offended all the hardcore pros what with giving epics out like candy and "dumbing the game down". Beginning of the decline, they say.
    pay not attention to the alexensual knock off much like the private server he plays on he shall disappear once classic launches and his constant complaints about class balance and buffs and raid difficulty will be replaced with posts of how easy naxx is despite him being in a
    mc feeder guild

10+ Year Old Account
    It's much simpler than you think to build and maintain the Classic Realms.

Nostalrius (all five -persons- of them) built their realm out of scratch in record time, and other Private Servers in the past ran out of people's barns on an Xeon X5450.

For a $ multi-billion company located a couple of hours drive away from Silicon Valley in what is the World's Tech and Programmer Capital State, the so-called "challenge" of making a modern client such as M[...]OS and start up a few servers is laughably easy. It's not even a challenge at all.
    Except they're not putting together a half-assed private server being run out of a barn by 5 guys. They're making it to their standards, to work on their hardware/software infrastructure. Absolutely worlds apart.

I'll put my money where my mouth is: if classic servers go live by 6/29, I will buy you a game on Steam or Battle.net of your choice.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-29 at 04:57 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Like I've said before, if this sub-forum is any indication as to what the Classic community will be like then I pity poor randoms who give the realms a try.

I do genuinely wonder if people will stop DPS if they are about to over aggro the tank, or just blame the tank. Same with the limited debuff slots, I can pretty much guarantee people will overwrite critical debuffs like Sunder Armour due to MAH DEEPS!!
    Very true and I can only imagine what a possible cesspool the classic servers might become.. As seeing some of the posts in this thread it definitely does not fill me with hope..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-12-29 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I hope there is some fall guy who will have the mental breakdown for interacting with fans. Hope they let this man do just the job.
    RIP Tseric. Realest blue in blizz history.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Nostalrius (all five -persons- of them) built their realm out of scratch in record time, and other Private Servers in the past ran out of people's barns on an Xeon X5450.

For a $ multi-billion company located a couple of hours drive away from Silicon Valley in what is the World's Tech and Programmer Capital State, the so-called "challenge" of making a modern client such as M[...]OS and start up a few servers is laughably easy. It's not even a challenge at all.
    making it a part of bnet
    clearing all of the bugs that current private servers still have (mob leashing problems might be ok for lights hope but people will bitch for years if blizzard released a server with that)
    figuring out what patch to start on
    figuring out what the pop cap should be
    how many servers should be launched

its not super easy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    making it a part of bnet
    clearing all of the bugs that current private servers still have (mob leashing problems might be ok for lights hope but people will bitch for years if blizzard released a server with that)

its not super easy
    Precisely the person you quoted has no idea what they are talking about, Blizzard won't want to take the chances on these servers by doing a half assed job on them.. Since they are banking a lot on these servers and as the saying goes "do it right or don't do it at all.."
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-12-29 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    making it a part of bnet

its not super easy
    Add making it patchable with their new backend tech and storage files (Blizzard no longer uses cabs like in the vanilla days), integrating with modern security, deciding which version(s) of stuff like LUA to use, which directly translates to which addons will be possible and which won't... I mean, I have complete confidence that they *will* do it, given that they officially announced it, but saying it's trivial, will be done in a couple of months... that's being delusional. And when it's done they're going to probably release it in a way that doesn't conflict BFA hype and release, so not soon before BFA and not right after BFA either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Legion-baby is the wrong term. The officially accepted derogatery terms are as follows:

TBC-kids
    Wotlk-babies
    Cata-fetuses
    MoP-sperms

WoD and Legion suffixes TBA.
    I'd like to think of myself as a WoD-survivor.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I'd like to think of myself as a WoD-survivor.
    There are suprisingly many people who started in WoD, a guildie tank I sometimes run m'plus with has started some time in WoD. Pretty good tank, knows his class, knows his tacts, on the ball and reliable. Whereas I've seen way too many veteran or returning players who were absolute stinking shit at the game, and some who tried to cover it up by spinning golden tales of their supposed veteran days, only to be called out on their bs by savvy players. This entire circlejerk of people trying to lord it over and look down upon anyone over whom they have a day of "seniority" is just laughable.

making it a part of bnet

its not super easy
    Not super easy, but not 2 years of development either. AAA games are made from scratch in 2 years, with everything involved. Booting an old version and tweaking it accordingly (work on new hardware, integrate with b.net online platform and b.net client, web services, etc) would take a couple of weeks\months at most.

I think it just makes more sense that they're delaying it on purpose to have a better suited release date (15th Anniversary of WoW in 2019 and first content draught of BFA).
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-29 at 05:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    There are suprisingly many people who started in WoD,
    Oh I am completely aware of it. WoD was my first expansion on live as well (played 3-4 months on private servers beforehand), I started a couple weeks after it launched and my sub hasn't been canceled since.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

fuck yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I can't wait to have a blizzard quality classic server omfgggggg HURRY UPALEOIA

good the sooner we can get all the vanillaites off retail the better

Deleted
    You are such a cutie. Why do you troll us? It won't be much more than 6 months.
    Source please?

- - - Updated - - -

If by record time you mean 6 years, and by 5 people you mean 16 then sure, record time. Maybe you should actually research what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    good the sooner we can get all the vanillaites off retail the better
    Most of us are already off retail. I for on really havent pplayed retail since mop. I honestly cant wait to see retailers on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Most of us are already off retail. I for on really havent pplayed retail since mop. I honestly cant wait to see retailers on classic.
    u wont see me there, never played vanilla don't intend to i dont care for massive grinds to do anything i got enough of that in tbc, im sick of u people whining about "the good old vanilla day" u got them now leave retail alone

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Most people who are interested in Vanilla at all are probably still playing retail.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Not super easy, but not 2 years of development either. AAA games are made from scratch in 2 years, with everything involved. Booting an old version and tweaking it accordingly (work on new hardware, integrate with b.net online platform and b.net client, web services, etc) would take a couple of weeks\months at most.

I think it just makes more sense that they're delaying it on purpose to have a better suited release date (15th Anniversary of WoW in 2019 and first content draught of BFA).
    thats my guess for a release date

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Most people who are interested in Vanilla at all are probably still playing retail.
    That's not accurate at all. Most people interested in Vanilla want it because the live\retail\wtv version has 'lost its way', and is a different game entirely.

Me and my group of friends are all eager for Classic, yet none of us is currently subbed to live (we did play Legion for a while though).