Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its actually a great idea.

Imagine if they made Etherals, Naga, Furbolgs, High Elves, etc as paid DLC unlockable races. You pick the ones you want, and dont pay for the ones you don't want. OR, you don't pay for any at all because they would be *GASP* Optional!

- - - Updated - - -

DLC is the way of the future to monetize games. Additional content created AFTER the main content is created doesn't have to be included for free for ANY product.

Hell, even for a sub fee based product, if the developers create additional content over and above what they already plan to release as part of their normal content patches, DLC is a great way to provide *GASP* Optional things for players to purchase, provided that they aren't straight power increases.
    DLC is the way of the past to get 5x more money for one product, by releasing it half-finished, then releasing DLCs that should have been there in the first place. Gamers are noticing the greed and are falling for it less and less.

In WoW, if we see some funny skins and races walking around, it would very quickly become a bad comic that nobody would like after a month.

You are a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    half of the alliance players would sell their kidney if they could play as high elves. blizzard will definitely implement something like that in the future
    That’d be funny, give them their high elves but lock it behind a 0.001% drop chance in a £100 loot box.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    we dont really need to pay extra except expansions in a sub-based game
    We don't need to, But people still do. The ingame shop is used daily. Aslong as there is extra money to be had. You can bet your sweet ass that they will sell as much as humanly possible. At the end of the day. Wow is a product, made to earn money, nothing else

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Why play the stupid boring High Elves when you can play a Void Elf?
    Because we already have one blueberry elf. That and emo elves are pretty cringy.

- - - Updated - - -

Its actually a great idea.

Imagine if they made Etherals, Naga, Furbolgs, High Elves, etc as paid DLC unlockable races. You pick the ones you want, and dont pay for the ones you don't want. OR, you don't pay for any at all because they would be *GASP* Optional!

- - - Updated - - -

DLC is the way of the future to monetize games. Additional content created AFTER the main content is created doesn't have to be included for free for ANY product.

Hell, even for a sub fee based product, if the developers create additional content over and above what they already plan to release as part of their normal content patches, DLC is a great way to provide *GASP* Optional things for players to purchase, provided that they aren't straight power increases.
    Charging for everything promotes laziness for the developers and cynicism within the community. Optional or not, it'd harm the state of the game for many players, including me. Some of the store mounts are very cool, but I never use the ones I have, because of the image that comes with being the scrub who rides a $25 mount. For many people, these high-quality cosmetic rewards are what push people into organized group content, and if people could buy them, there would be many people who would just buy them and be fine just playing LFR.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2017-12-29 at 07:36 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So I keep seeing people ask for "i would like race X to be playable". Whether the actual race makes sense or not. I'm sure blizz can see it too. Then I had a feeling that blizz has a pretty good chance to start selling random playable race unlocks from the store. I felt a little cold shudder as I thought about it. It makes too much sense. Do you think blizz would do such a thing?

Would you pay for such races?

Personally only, if the said race is a cool race.
    No, just no. IF they put this, this will kill WoW. More and more games are dying because of these "dlc", look at BF2, now Destiny 2 follows, and more to come.

This is a stupid idea, suggestion that should NEVER EVER be discussed anywhere. There would be revolt.

It can only be done so, if wow goes FULLY FREE TO PLAY, even then they have to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Why play the stupid boring High Elves when you can play a Void Elf?
    Because while void elves share the same model as blood elves/high elves, their skin and hair coloring options are limited to a shitty palette which makes picking out a good mog more difficult than it would be with a more human skin tone palette.

Void elves have for a skin palette:

White skin with purple hued hands/feet
    White skin with blue hued hands/feet
    White skin with burgundy hued hands/feet
    Blue skin with purple a blue hues
    Grey skin with purple and blue hues
    White skin with a slightly lighter shade of purple hued hands/feet

Hair color palette consists of:

Blue/Green hair with purple highlights
    Blue hair with purple highlights
    Purple/Blue Hair with darker purple highlights
    Pale Green with purplish highlights
    Light Grey with dark grey highlights
    Purple Hair with darker purple highlights
    Burgundy Hair with darker burgundy highlights
    Light Grey with dark grey highlights (which seems identical to the first Light Grey option).

The palette is awful... its like being stuck with only those three Death Knight specific skin tones.

Females in WoW all have somewhat realistic human proportions, while all the male races except Blood Elves (and soon Void Elves), suffer from some sort of roid-raging neanderthal/bad posture/ugly face syndrome, or they are animal people.

Heck, human males in wow have ridiculous proportions, overmuscled, massive ham-hocks for hands, and faces that all look like they are in their 40's to 50's. There'd probably be less calls for high elves if we had a "human" allied race that had more realistic proportions (particularly on the males).

Aesthetics play a part in how much we enjoy our character. My main is female because blood elves didn't exist in vanilla and all the male races at the time we're ugly or badly proportioned. The day Blizzard gives me a good looking male option like High Elves, is the day I give them a ton of money in race/gender change fees. Void elves miss the mark due to their skin and hair color options or lack thereof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    DLC? It's Blizzard not EA.
    what are store mounts

Well, Void Elves aside, Blizzard has stated that there will be more Allied Races in the future, it's a system they wish to expand upon. So High Elves might become playable in the future.

I'd be willing to pay extra to unlock a DLC only race. If it was like $15 or $20 to unlock a sweet race and I could make as many characters that race from the time I paid for the race into infinity, then yeah. I think its a great idea.
    And you're exactly why we have big problems like EA and other companies. How does it feel to help ruin games?

Oh wait, it's you. There's no telling what you truly believe in these days.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And you're exactly why we have big problems like EA and other companies. How does it feel to help ruin games?

Oh wait, it's you. There's no telling what you truly believe in these days.
    Jay doesn't believe anything he says, he just tries to be inflammatory to get you guys angry. No real human being could enjoy WOD over any other WoW expansion.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Do you think blizz would do such a thing?
    No, they wouldn't sell them as pure shop items - but I can see them selling lootboxes that have a random chance of dropping one of these 'skins'... yeah, that sounds more like Blizzard of today.

this is a sub based game. no, I would not pay for dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That’d be funny, give them their high elves but lock it behind a 0.001% drop chance in a £100 loot box.
    I came here to shitpost that same sentiment lol.

I would take a DLC of extra races if it was created like mid xpac and wasn't purposefully excluded from an xpac just to make more money.

If every fifth or sixth Allied Race was a shop unlock, I’d buy it, unless it’s a race I legit don’t care about. But they’d have To have the full kit that Allied Races have right now, quest unlock, heritage armor...I guess that’s it, but ya...I’d pay extra.

I would’nt pay for a Vrykul, but I’d severe someone’s arm for a Dragonmaw or Taunka.

Only if it went F2P. This is precisely the kind of content expansions and sub are supposed to be paying for.

<insert laughing gif>
    /10characters

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but @Jaylock is right on this one. In the end, World of Warcraft is a product put out by Blizzard to make them and their shareholders money. They will do whatever they feel is necessary to bring in new business or bring old players that quit come back to the game all while trying to get as much money as they can from those people to keep the business running.

People are quick to shout "being taken advantage of" or outrage when they hear about companies offering paid DLC or loot crates but these things are nothing new. EA did not corner the market on loot crates and they won't be the last company to offer them either. Just because you pay your $15 a month (and with WoW time being able to be purchased with in-game gold instead of real money now) doesn't mean you have to be offered everything the game offers. You pay your $50-60 for the expansion for the features and content they sell it for. Anything they release after that is gifted to you by Blizzard or other companies. Some companies charge for these "extra" features and some give it away for free. But guess what, nobody is sitting there with a gun to your head and forcing you to buy DLC, loot crates, or even pay the $15 a month or buy a game at all. NOBODY! You are doing so with free will for a game or franchise you happen to enjoy. You are not entitled to jack shit just because you're a fan of a game or franchise no matter how much of a fanboy you are.

As for the topic on hand, I would pay for unlocking races to my account if I happened to enjoy the race and had the money to do so. I would actually give up being able to play a gnome, dwarf, orc, tauren, goblin, or Draenei if that meant I could get some money back or trade them for another race.

DLC in wow? wutlol

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Only if it went F2P. This is precisely the kind of content expansions and sub are supposed to be paying for.
    No. You pay your sub fee to be able to access the servers as Blizzard presents them to you. And the xpac box price lets you play the newest content when it comes out, instead of in 4+ years when it's made a free part of the baseline game. It's amazing how many people don't know what the sub is for.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm sorry but @Jaylock is right on this one. In the end, World of Warcraft is a product put out by Blizzard to make them and their shareholders money. They will do whatever they feel is necessary to bring in new business or bring old players that quit come back to the game all while trying to get as much money as they can from those people to keep the business running.

People are quick to shout "being taken advantage of" or outrage when they hear about companies offering paid DLC or loot crates but these things are nothing new. EA did not corner the market on loot crates and they won't be the last company to offer them either. Just because you pay your $15 a month (and with WoW time being able to be purchased with in-game gold instead of real money now) doesn't mean you have to be offered everything the game offers. You pay your $50-60 for the expansion for the features and content they sell it for. Anything they release after that is gifted to you by Blizzard or other companies. Some companies charge for these "extra" features and some give it away for free. But guess what, nobody is sitting there with a gun to your head and forcing you to buy DLC, loot crates, or even pay the $15 a month or buy a game at all. NOBODY! You are doing so with free will for a game or franchise you happen to enjoy. You are not entitled to jack shit just because you're a fan of a game or franchise no matter how much of a fanboy you are.

As for the topic on hand, I would pay for unlocking races to my account if I happened to enjoy the race and had the money to do so. I would actually give up being able to play a gnome, dwarf, orc, tauren, goblin, or Draenei if that meant I could get some money back or trade them for another race.
    I can't believe there are actually morons who defend stuff like this.

Yeah we're not entitled to anything but that doesn't mean it's right to just charge for every shit that isn't mandatory to play the game. With that logic they can start charging for better textures, better animations, additional items in the world and stuff like that just because it's optional content that isn't required to play the game.

And maximising profits isn't just about increasing prices for everything, eventually you hit a point where a company could start losing money because they started charging too much and more and more people stop buying from such a company.

Also why would you be willing to pay for new races when so far you got them as part of new expansions?

No wonder companies like EA can get away with their shit when people like you help them ruin the industry...