Poll: Who?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    So what? I guess Thrall in his non-warchief capacity saved the world from Deathwing then, Horde win? get real
    Get real - lore wise (not gameplay wise) Horde still exist only because Varian sparred it.

And yet they open every blizzcon with 'FOR THE HORDE'
    HAHA nice argument. Don't wanna hurt your bubble.

7+ Year Old Account
    Spared it? He did more than that. he allowed them to keep the land they stole in Azshara and the very next expansion they were back to aggression, which he just ignored. The Horde lost nothing, the Alliance lost a great deal. And for some reason, you actually think the Alliance will be forcing the Horde into vassalage lel, okay Varian avatar, w/e u say
    ROFL.

Your bullshit isn't hurting anything, just stop pretending it's something more than an unnecessarily large, extra steamy pile of it.
    Truth hurts i know but no need to be so mad.

All the Sylvanas hate is pretty fucking funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I don't like BAD changes, sorry, some things don't need to change from good to bad just for the sake of change.

If you have a skate game and take away the skate and make him a football game, people who like skate will not like, and you just say "lmao you guys don't like change XDD" its bullshit
    No, You just don't like change.

You have not suggested a single thing to CHANGE, the Horde, your answers have been. "Make it like it used to be."

But if you really think the Horde evolving to be more decentralized is the even remotely close to a skate game turning into a football game then there is no real conversation to be had here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    A horde has an implication of a common culture. Example being the various Mongol Hordes, made up almost exclusively of horsemen from the steppes of central Asia whose specialty was fast raiding. They were basically Turkic/Mongol tribes of similar cultures grouping together to make a giant unstoppable force. Alliances are different nations, sometimes with very little cultural commonality, working together for a common goal. In WoW this is clearly being reversed. They've openly said the Horde is the coalition of different nations under a common cause and they are working hard to force monoculture in the Alliance. Taking a lore hammer to the Night Elves in BfA is hammering out one problematic race for the monoculture.
    It really felt overtime as they added more races into the Horde they could not really push the common culture card. Meanwhile somehow with every race added to the Alliance they push it more towards the Empire feel.

Honestly? When it comes to the Horde I blame how Garrosh was handled and received on the feelings of the Horde being more of a collective rather than a whole. It's easy to get lost into the details in that one because Garrosh's character changed more than a chameleon going though menopause on a tie-dye tee shirt. That's not including Blizzard's endless backtracking with him and the Orcs.

But while they were doing this to Garrosh and developing half the Horde leaders in the process to keep it a "Surprise " about who the Warchief would be they gave the Horde races more individual identity. At the same time the Trials of The High King was taking away identity from the Alliance races.

Honestly? In the current state both factions are unsatisfying, admittedly I lean more towards "Horde" Only for my personal love for some of the races. But I have been close to flipping to the Alliance over the years, the unsatisfying way the cultures are handled is the biggest deterring factor.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-12-29 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas Windrunner step down to let Sylvanas Windrunner become Warchief, that's what makes more sense (why do you even add her again in the list?)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Other aka Mudmug.
    You're on POINT today! first response!

Deleted
    Srsly, 4 pages and no one mentioned Basic Campfire?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    No, You just don't like change.

You have not suggested a single thing to CHANGE, the Horde, your answers have been. "Make it like it used to be."

But if you really think the Horde evolving to be more decentralized is the even remotely close to a skate game turning into a football game then there is no real conversation to be had here.
    Make it like it was used to be, is fucking change, from what we have now to what have before.

Everything you said about evolving the horde is making the horde red alliance or other bullshit, yes that kind of change i don't like, if it happens i player the other faction or other game.

If you don't like the horde how is supposed to be, play other faction or other game a well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Horker View Post
    Srsly, 4 pages and no one mentioned Basic Campfire?
    because this meme died long ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it like it was used to be, is fucking change, from what we have now to what have before.

Everything you said about evolving the horde is making the horde red alliance or other bullshit, yes that kind of change i don't like, if it happens i player the other faction or other game.

If you don't like the horde how is supposed to be, play other faction or other game a well
    It's funny how you say bullshit like "Supposed to be."

What you mean to say is "What I want it to be." But I digress, maybe you should start playing the "Blue Horde", because it's much closer to what you want then the "Red Alliance" currently is.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It's funny how you say bullshit like "Supposed to be."

What you mean to say is "What I want it to be." But I digress, maybe you should start playing the "Blue Horde", because it's much closer to what you want then the "Red Alliance" currently is.
    If what i want it to be, is how the horde was from warcraft 3 to MOP, ok for me, sure is how is supposed to be.

And if the horde become too much different, and evolve into this bullshit, i will play the other faction, or leave the game, like i said

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    You're on POINT today! first response!
    What can i say, years of practice. And unhealthy dedication to not-so-funny joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the only warchief i ever liked, Vol'jin, was sacrificed on the altar of fanboism...
    ...my only choice is Saurfang.

Or maybe Lor'themar.
    As much as i dislike Bloodelves, the Orcs could use some culture.

Thrall is too boring.
    Bane is too young, plus the peaceful Tauren dont fit with the rest of the Horde. There would be an uprising.
    Sylvanas... lets see how much longer she's gonna be fooling/using the Horde.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2017-12-30 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mihai25 View Post
    Garrosh is the only TRUE Warchief!
    Hear hear! Or bring in Hellscream from alternative draenor

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's the same Horde, it just evolved. Orgrim passed over the mantle of Warchief to Thrall pretty much meaning the line of succession was unbroken. Thrall just evolved it into what we know of it in WC3 and WoW. Much like the Alliance they are both still the same organizations that appeared in the old RTS games.
    I'm sorry I have to correct you, it was mentioned above that the title warchief was a special title during war
    blackhand was the warchief during the first war orgrim doomhammer killed blackhand and took over for the 2nd war then ner'zul took over fearing gul'dan might not return.
    After they lost the 2nd war ner'zul opened multiple portals to draenor "Outlands" and got caught by kil'jaeden after he escaped back and got turned into the lich king.
    Thrall is not his orc name it's the name jainas dad gave to him in the camps his real name is go'el.
    After he was freed from durnhold keep it was medivhs visions that persuaded him to be warchief and the other orcs didn't challenge him because he was the strongest and he's the son of durotan.

Afaik: Thrall is the 1st warchief to Azeroth's horde.

If I messed up somewhere plz feel free to correct me.

Give the Horde an orc in charge, and then make the Alliance an actual Alliance of different nations again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by SreeTmoker View Post
    I'm sorry I have to correct you, it was mentioned above that the title warchief was a special title during war
    blackhand was the warchief during the first war orgrim doomhammer killed blackhand and took over for the 2nd war then ner'zul took over fearing gul'dan might not return.
    After they lost the 2nd war ner'zul opened multiple portals to draenor "Outlands" and got caught by kil'jaeden after he escaped back and got turned into the lich king.
    Thrall is not his orc name it's the name jainas dad gave to him in the camps his real name is go'el.
    After he was freed from durnhold keep it was medivhs visions that persuaded him to be warchief and the other orcs didn't challenge him because he was the strongest and he's the son of durotan.

Afaik: Thrall is the 1st warchief to Azeroth's horde.

If I messed up somewhere plz feel free to correct me.
    Blackmoore gave Thrall his name, not Jaina’s dad.

the horde don't need to evolve like that, to be another thing, is bad, will break and ruin all the felling of what is horde, the Horde we know from the RTS games, i preffer to stay with sylvanas than the warchief thing end

Like i said, to make this shit, is better as well change the name, since no one give a damn about anymore
    Personally I think the factions should split into two subfactions. A Kalimdor ('True Horde') subfaction ruled by a Warchief representative of the orcs, tauren, trolls, goblins and pandaren and a ('Dark Faction') subfaction representative of the Forsaken, blood elves and Nightborne.

Scrap the whole High King thing and highlight the cultural differences between the night elves/draenei and the other Titanic races and have them do their own thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Personally I think the factions should split into two subfactions. A Kalimdor ('True Horde') subfaction ruled by a Warchief representative of the orcs, tauren, trolls, goblins and pandaren and a ('Dark Faction') subfaction representative of the Forsaken, blood elves and Nightborne.

Scrap the whole High King thing and highlight the cultural differences between the night elves/draenei and the other Titanic races and have them do their own thing.
    Cataclysm may have been the time for that (with Garrosh as Warchief), also... don't Trolls go quite well with the Undeads? (BE and NB are not really.... dark compared to Trolls and Goblins).

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Cataclysm may have been the time for that (with Garrosh as Warchief), also... don't Trolls go quite well with the Undeads? (BE and NB are not really.... dark compared to Trolls and Goblins).
    Most trolls despise undeath, especially the Darkspears and Zandalari whose souls flow to Bwonsamdi. Remember Zalazane turned many Darkspears into zombies which enraged Bwonsamdi as he could not collect their souls.

Orcs, tauren and trolls all have a strong dislike for undeath. The only reason why the Forsaken were allowed to join the Horde was because Hamuul Runetotem pitied them and convinced Thrall that they could be reformed and potentially turned living again.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-12-30 at 08:15 PM.

no...just no.. I've had enough with this shit. Just leave it be for a few expansions.