Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't know about the others, but people on this site are mostly FBs and will support almost every aspect of the game and any decision made by Devs and flame you for any criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    I'm not sure people like their classes being butchered and redone every expansion. I'm inclined to say that most people are in that boat, but of course there's no data to prove that, just a gut feeling, most likely right though.
    TBF, I'd say it's 50/50, there's also quite many people who like seeing their classes being changed because it makes them feel fresh.

I am actually seriously baffled how good the reception of the allied races are. They are literally a reskin of existing races with looks from existing npcs.
    Don't misunderstand me, it's great that they did it - it adds new choices withouit removing others -, but I have no idea why people are so concerned about that that there are dozens of threads about them every day.
    For me that's just a very minor addition to the game. It's a one time choice when you create a new char, or you sim it if the racials are a gain enough to buy a race change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sederath View Post
    But you'd expect the majority of players to have some concern over how large of a shift the game's gone in means of depth and complexity, considering that as time goes by and the game is added on to, anything involving the keyboard has been crumbling apart over the past 5 years.
    I don't think that's much of a concern for people because playing complex characters is typically a niche gaming preference at best. Most games aim to minimise input complexity as much as possible and create depth via the interaction of your abilities with the environment around you. Playing a simple character against a complex encounter tends to be a lot more enjoyable than playing a complex character against a simple encounter, because in the latter situation you often feel like you're fighting the controls or your own ignorance moreso than the actual obstacle you're supposed to care about overcoming in the game.

Compared to most games WoW is actually pretty darn complex in terms of ability management. Ideally we'd see fewer, more distinct abilities and more situations in which it's appropriate to use all of them, but unfortunately WoW doesn't tend to do that outside of high-end content, so some people have come to value class complexity in and of itself.

Given how unimpressive WoW's core gameplay is compared to other games, though, I for one tend to value its cosmetic flair and atmosphere way more highly. In those areas it still easily stands toe to toe with a lot of modern titles, whereas the gameplay has fallen behind over the years.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    ...Why are the classes getting dumbed down for 2nd expansion in a row now? ... Why did PvP participation get destroyed to the point that you can only get some queues going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? ... And right now no one can say "wow my class was bad during WotLK. It's so much better now!" ...
    1) Blizzard has stated that they plan very few class changes this expansion. Not sure how you interpreted that as the classes being dumbed down but perhaps that's your bias shining through a bit.
    2) I'm guessing you play horde. As alli i get almost instant queues (rarely longer than a minute) most days. your queue times are more likely due to a faction imbalance rather than PvP participation being destroyed.
    3) WotLK had many glaring class balance issues. My class is better now than it was then, sorry.
    Ily mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    It's subjective. Some people never get to the cap. Some people get to the cap then start leveling a new character. Some people run 5 mans all day. Some people see raiding as the entire point of the game. Some people are hardcore collectors.

Literally none of these are a "wrong" way to play.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

You are right, but you are with those characters through the game, spending many, many hours doing those fun things while looking at your character.. it's important to them.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760736622 People are spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours discussing just one of the new allied races..

Whenever you see people talking about BfA it's always "allied races this, allied races that. Lolol the faction war is dumb. Wooaaahhh Kul Tiras looks great! Can't wait to play the new zones / raids / battlegrounds". If you don't believe me just check this https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760736622 People are spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours discussing just one of the new allied races.

None of those things actually make the game fun to play!

People keep coming back because they enjoy playing their class or enjoy raiding or enjoy PvPing. But those aspects of the game get left in the dust because people would rather look at reskins of existing races than pressure Blizzard for real answers. Why are the classes getting dumbed down for 2nd expansion in a row now? Why are professions boring and irrelevant? Why did PvP participation get destroyed to the point that you can only get some queues going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Why is class balance so abysmal?

Void Elves may be fun to play around with for a couple of days but trust me, you wouldn't want to PvP or PvE if your class is not fun to play. And right now no one can say "wow my class was bad during WotLK. It's so much better now!" Blizzard should focus on making the classes fun to play again before making more reskins.
    What you said is spot on and correct. But we played in a different time my friend. We were the fans that liked WoW because it was hard and competitive. WE have died out, and the true fans are gone. We dont play anymore. Its a scrubs game now. They have and always will keep this moronic fanbase. Soda,Kungen, myself, my entire family, friends all left. The small majority that plays now from vanilla logged in during vanilla, never made it to max and quit because it was too hard. Ive given up with blizzards BS. They get away with it because the fanbase will eat their BS up. They would defend them till death.

Whenever you see people talking about BfA it's always "allied races this, allied races that. Lolol the faction war is dumb. Wooaaahhh Kul Tiras looks great! Can't wait to play the new zones / raids / battlegrounds". If you don't believe me just check this https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760736622 People are spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours discussing just one of the new allied races.

People keep coming back because they enjoy playing their class or enjoy raiding or enjoy PvPing. But those aspects of the game get left in the dust because people would rather look at reskins of existing races than pressure Blizzard for real answers. Why are the classes getting dumbed down for 2nd expansion in a row now? Why are professions boring and irrelevant? Why did PvP participation get destroyed to the point that you can only get some queues going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Why is class balance so abysmal?

Void Elves may be fun to play around with for a couple of days but trust me, you wouldn't want to PvP or PvE if your class is not fun to play. And right now no one can say "wow my class was bad during WotLK. It's so much better now!" Blizzard should focus on making the classes fun to play again before making more reskins.
    other than tank mechanics we dont know anything about how classes play
    blizz will give us answers ith alpha so why not enjoy what we get to see now

Don't even bother trying to reason with those people. WoW is a lot more about collecting xmog, mounts and pets than raiding and pvp these days. I'm still puzzled how people can still get excited by a new mount when they have more than 300, last time I was excited by one was mythic Archimonde one.

As for the races, yes it won't last long, just like the new models, they will blend into the mix, but I can tell you I'll be happy to have other things than blood elves around lol. Of course I would have preferred a better character personnalisation with more options, but that's better than nothing.

Deleted
    You've never heard of Bartle taxonomy of player types? Look it up.
    People like different things. It's subjective.

I couldn't agree more as I think this every day I'm on these forums. I'm pretty surprised about the backlash this post is getting. It amazes me how people are most interested in a new race or new aesthetic that has such a minimal effect on gameplay rather than entire new game systems or changes to existing game systems that actually cause you to like or dislike the game. Aesthetics and style are very important to WoW and attribute to its success, but a small addition like allied races to the already established beautiful style of WoW should not be the number one topic of discussion. This point of view or focus I believe to be very detrimental to the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoopa10 View Post
    I couldn't agree more as I think this every day I'm on these forums. I'm pretty surprised about the backlash this post is getting. It amazes me how people are most interested in a new race or new aesthetic that has such a minimal effect on gameplay rather than entire new game systems or changes to existing game systems that actually cause you to like or dislike the game. Aesthetics and style are very important to WoW and attribute to its success, but a small addition like allied races to the already established beautiful style of WoW should not be the number one topic of discussion. This point of view or focus I believe to be very detrimental to the game as a whole.
    People want extra content, but they don't want massive changes.

Love how people keep refering to BFA as filler expansion when we know not alot about it yet

7+ Year Old Account
    I've never been one to care about character cosmetics. But, given how many friends I've had/know in WoW that go crazy over transmogrification, I could never argue against its value in a game. People, even in virtual world, love to play dress up.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Love how people keep refering to BFA as filler expansion when we know not alot about it yet
    Well they were forced to bring it to blizzard, showed bugger all & what they did show was full of nothing was final or we haven't quite figured that out ect so
    expectations wouldn't be to high...

Also, I like new races, so that's fun for me

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I don't know about the others, but people on this site are mostly FBs and will support almost every aspect of the game and any decision made by Devs and flame you for any criticisms.
    And the rest are, what? And what group are you in?

I'm a roleplayer so to me getting Allied Races is new content because it allows me to make a new story, a new character with new ideas and plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    I think its adorable how most of you talk bad about the OP because of his opinion. And then say "people can like what they like". Youre *all* just as bad as he is.

OT - allied races are at best a patch feature and have no business being a expansion feature.
    Whats so funny?People calling OP out for condemn people for liking subjective things?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4