Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Soldiers also generally carry safer handguns than the police (M-9 vs any number of Glocks).
    Nobody uses a handgun in Afghanistan. Or anywhere in combat if you can possibly help it. Based off the body camera footage I highly doubt the incident in Kansas was an officer with a handgun either, I think it was a rifle, SWAT doesn't usually use handguns if they can help it.

As for M9s, rather different topic, but I am not much of a fan. M9s account for a huge percentage of military accidental discharges, second only to the M240. The military is buying Sig P-320s now, which I wish they had when I was in, much nicer guns.

The police have fucked up enough that its pretty stupid to argue for them continuing this shit. Tossing a grenade into the crib of an infant, shooting a 12 year old boy who answers a door, no knock invading a home of a guy getting legal prescription medicine then shooting at the teenage daughter when she looks down the stairs, shooting a sleeping 7 year old, shooting a guy handing you his license, shooting a 6 year old while shooting at two unarmed women you are chasing, and the list goes on. Time to do something about the bullshit. The last year has been one of the safest for officers while having them kill more innocent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    They also don't have the absurdly heavy triggers that police have because they aren't smart enough to keep their fingers off the bang switch.
    Most police still have the standard light Glock trigger, not the "New York" trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Nobody uses a handgun in Afghanistan. Or anywhere in combat if you can possibly help it. Based off the body camera footage I highly doubt the incident in Kansas was an officer with a handgun either, I think it was a rifle, SWAT doesn't usually use handguns if they can help it.

As for M9s, rather different topic, but I am not much of a fan. M9s account for a huge percentage of military accidental discharges, second only to the M240. The military is buying Sig P-320s now, which I wish they had when I was in, much nicer guns.
    I was discussing more the rank and file police. Neither the police nor the military should ever be issued a handgun without either a manual safety or a 12lbs long trigger pull. I would take a M1911 over the Sig anyday myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Having been in several similar positions in the military, I find it bizarre that Police are more trigger happy then Soldiers in Afghanistan are. We wouldn't have killed for that in an Afghan compound belong to a known Taliban Commander. You should never kill someone without a confirmed and imminent threat. In this case that doesn't seem present. Now on the other hand I will see that these situations often look very different on the ground then they do in reporting. Even body cameras don't fully capture the atmosphere and circumstances that play into such things.

There is certainly enough here to justify a major investigation and indictment of the officer in question, I won't state with confidence there should be a conviction. The person that made the call needs to get caught and go to jail for the rest of his worthless life however.
    This kind of situation has happened many times in Iraq and Afghanistan. Remember that infamous apache attack on a bunch of journalists in Iraq? The one that Manning leaked? And that's one of many situations. It happens many times. I'm not excusing the cops behavior at all. It happens in the military too. But yes. The idiot making the call needs to rot in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Ok after listening to the audio, yeah this kid needs to face some kind of, really long, jail time. When he called in, he claimed to be the person holding his family hostage after killing his father, states he won't put the gun away, claims he's poured gasoline all over the house, and "may just light it soon." All while deliberately sounding very unstable. He was actively trying to get somebody killed.
    Where is the audio?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    The police have fucked up enough that its pretty stupid to argue for them continuing this shit. Tossing a grenade into the crib of an infant, shooting a 12 year old boy who answers a door, no knock invading a home of a guy getting legal prescription medicine then shooting at the teenage daughter when she looks down the stairs, shooting a sleeping 7 year old, shooting a guy handing you his license, shooting a 6 year old while shooting at two unarmed women you are chasing, and the list goes on. Time to do something about the bullshit. The last year has been one of the safest for officers while having them kill more innocent people.
    it's america freedom to bear arms > children we know that already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Where is the audio?
    http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...192244734.html

first video is the audio, very detailed and fucked up this was no "i think there's been some shooting"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Retribution never comes to them so they have no incentive to behave better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The police said "Show your hand". He put hands up.
    Then the police said "Walk this way". He lowered his hand and tried to walk. (You walk with hands down.)
    Remember to put hands up when you walk.

My guess is that he opened the door without SWAT knocking the door.
    SWAT thought that he is waiting for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

first video is the audio, very detailed and fucked up this was no "i think there's been some shooting"
    Caller said it was a "ONe story" house. When it obviously wasn't. Surprised this didn't get questioned when the cops went there.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The police said "Show your hand". He put hands up.
    Then the police said "Walk this way". He lowered his hand and tried to walk. (You walk with hands down.)
    Remember to put hands up when you walk.

My guess is that he opened the door without SWAT knocking the door.
    SWAT thought that he is waiting for them.
    guy didn't know the SWAT thought he was already a murderer and holding 2 hostages and threatening to burn the place down, he's probably like erm wtf is going on here? hello why me? BAM DEAD.

thats the problem of being innocent i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    guy didn't know the SWAT thought he was already a murderer and holding 2 hostages and threatening to burn the place down, he's probably like erm wtf is going on here? hello why me? BAM DEAD.

thats the problem of being innocent i guess
    That's why your foremost though when dealing with the police, no matter the reason you are interacting with them, is that they will shoot you for the slightest provocation without thinking. Remember this, and you most likely will not be shot by them. Note, this does not protect you from being hit by one of the multiple rounds that often miss the police officers' intended target and continue down range.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    This kind of situation has happened many times in Iraq and Afghanistan. Remember that infamous apache attack on a bunch of journalists in Iraq? The one that Manning leaked? And that's one of many situations. It happens many times. I'm not excusing the cops behavior at all. It happens in the military too. But yes. The idiot making the call needs to rot in jail.
    Agreed, I didn't mean to imply it didn't happen in the military. I have seen it myself unfortunately. One of the key differences there is that in Iraq and Afghanistan things like this happened so much more then they ever do in the US. Soldiers are more used to these situations. As the number of incidents rise, the number of terrible things goes up as well, but the percentage goes down.

You only get good behavior when everyone is held responsible. I had excellent leaders working for me that kept the Soldiers that were more inclined to be trigger happy in check, we talked about the consequences and everybody knew their job. It isn't an easy balance, you don't want to shoot one second early, but it is infinitely better then one second late.

Caller said it was a "ONe story" house. When it obviously wasn't. Surprised this didn't get questioned when the cops went there.
    Depends if this information was related to them. Since they had a specific address they likely worked off that rather than a description of a house.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dont know if this was posted yet or not, but this story made it to fox news homepage and they even have audio and video of the 911 call from the prankster and the man being shot.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/29...-swatting.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    That's why your foremost though when dealing with the police, no matter the reason you are interacting with them, is that they will shoot you for the slightest provocation without thinking. Remember this, and you most likely will not be shot by them. Note, this does not protect you from being hit by one of the multiple rounds that often miss the police officers' intended target and continue down range.
    nah i live in the UK so the worst i'm getting is an intentional beating you can't do that by accident, if i don't listen and provoke them i still won't be shot isn't that great!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Depends if this information was related to them. Since they had a specific address they likely worked off that rather than a description of a house.
    shoot first brain later? LUL.

- - - Updated - - -

Has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, and has everything to do with police having no repercussions for killing innocent people.

shoot first brain later? LUL.
    Piss off with it.

The police, when given a specific address, isn't going to be playing where's fucking Waldo trying to find the house. They are just going to go directly to the address given.

"Oh, sorry lads we got the wrong house this one is clearly has a Puce coloured porch where the description says the house has a Maroon one. Keep looking".

Has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, and has everything to do with police having no repercussions for killing innocent people.
    thats true but also if everyone wasn't armed police wouldn't need to shoot at everyone, works well in other countries but yeah either would do really, no guns or the law stop being so corrupt and actually imprison cops who keep making these "accidents" but i foresee neither happening just gotta sit back netflix and read cop murders more unarmed/innocent people threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Piss off with it.

The police, when given a specific address, isn't going to be playing where's fucking Waldo trying to find the house. They are just going to go directly to the address given.

"Oh, sorry lads we got the wrong house this one is clearly has a Puce coloured porch where the description says the house has a Maroon one. Keep looking".
    i know i wouldn't expect them to have such a high level of intellect to notice such a thing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Keemstar just got an interview with him on Drama Alert.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/946979325663948800

"25-year-old Tyler Barriss, who is known online as 'SWAuTistic,' was arrested on a fugitive warrant; he was charged in 2015 with making fake bomb threats to ABC7"

if he doesn't get the book thrown at him he must have a guardian angel, he clearly didn't learn his lesson and is human garbage.

And he is not taking any responsibility at all.
    Well at this stage it's not up to him if he is responsible or not.

Fact is a person is now dead due to actions he undertook. And because what he has done is interstate I suspect that this time will be a lot worse for him since (and correct me if I am wrong) but this likely puts this matter in that hands of the FBI and federal charges.