Thread: t21

Deleted

t21

So when is it worth to use legendary head and the demonic build? Im currently using 4set t20 on my DH alt but i just got the tier back and waiting to loot another tier piece. Should i start using the demonic build with head legendary as soon as i get 2set or wait for 4set?^^

Deleted
    Sephuz/AothG is a better pair than Raddons on single target

I swapped when i got the 2 set using AothG,Shoulders. Found DPS was around the same (perhaps it was in part me getting used to new rotation) Soon as i got 4 set (the week after) i noticed my DPS shoot up a fair bit. Don't have the helm to test but the meta shoulders just feels awesome in meta for so much of the fight. Just try both, can always swap back till you get 4 set if needed.

For ST? Don't swap until you 4p.

Anyway, to make sure, Sim yourself and swap the moment your simmed DPS is higher than with 4p T20 and 222.

Be warned though, Demonic is the festival of RNG and your performance will change between tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    Sephuz/AothG is a better pair than Raddons on single target

Don't listen to this person. Always sim yourself, but the general trend is, unless you have some really poor off pieces that force you to use the ring, Raddon's/Anger is very likely to be your best legendary pair in all scenarios regardless of target count. Sims aren't the only evidence of this. If you check the DPS stats for a given legendary on something purely single target like Garothi via warcraft logs, you will see that builds with Raddon's equipped have 70k dps better performance at 75th %ile on heroic. It's also better via the mythic stats, but if you're asking this question, I'm going to assume you aren't doing mythic. Also, the 2pc alone isn't very good. Don't replace T20 with it, and don't try to use the bonus with T20

tl;dr: Sim yourself, but you'll probably find that helm is the better choice. Use 4pc only

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    Don't listen to this person. Always sim yourself, but the general trend is, unless you have some really poor off pieces that force you to use the ring, Raddon's/Anger is very likely to be your best legendary pair in all scenarios regardless of target count. Sims aren't the only evidence of this. If you check the DPS stats for a given legendary on something purely single target like Garothi via warcraft logs, you will see that builds with Raddon's equipped have 70k dps better performance at 75th %ile on heroic. It's also better via the mythic stats, but if you're asking this question, I'm going to assume you aren't doing mythic. Also, the 2pc alone isn't very good. Don't replace T20 with it, and don't try to use the bonus with T20

tl;dr: Sim yourself, but you'll probably find that helm is the better choice. Use 4pc only
    I am doing better with Sephuz than with head/shoulders so save your "dont listen to that person" for yourself ok?

I am doing better with Sephuz than with head/shoulders so save your "dont listen to that person" for yourself ok?
    and I do better w/ Raddons/aohg. Sim yourself, end of story.
    Last edited by Spartin; 2017-12-29 at 10:39 PM.

As I said, unless you have some really bad alternate gear choices that force the issue, you're likely going to see better performance with the helm. This isn't a personal anecdote like yours is. This is based on a lot of sims as well as real world performance of DH publicly available on warcraft logs. The fights that would allow you to proc sephuz (high command, portal keeper, eonar, etc) are the very same fights that buff raddon's.

But he was right. He said "sim yourself" because for most people ring/helm is better combo while you claim double ring should be better for everyone while its not. So his advice is much better than your anecdotal claims.

For you, but you can't say the same for OP. The best answer is "sim yourself."

So I finally made the switch now that most of my T21 is heroic+ quality and the damage seems to be a bit higher but it requires quite a bit more out of the player. I'm not sure that I'd say it's better than the BD/CS spec but it's about the same playstyle wise. I'd probably like it more if DA procced more often and there was an easy way to track the souls that are currently out.

Deleted
    On a side note: I highly recommend to still consider T20 and CB buid if your raid makes you move a lot
    Demonic really feels like playing Mage with rune of power: it's not good for your blood pressure if tanks move the boss out of range or teammates put aoe shit right at you while you are pooling orbs...