Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a Switch for Christmas, just like I said a couple of weeks ago. It's great. The graphics are a lot nicer than I thought they would be, but I've only used it in handheld mode so far, so screen size is definitely a factor. I also got Odyssey, BOTW, and Mario x Rabbids. So far I've only played Odyssey. It's really good! First time I'm actually playing a Mario game, so I wasn't entirely sure on it, but I'm really liking it so far. I've just beaten that snake-thing in New Donk City, and the skies have cleared up. Spent some time hunting moons in the desert when I found out there were like 69 of them. Then I found out I missed all 17 in Cap Kingdom and said fuck it. I'll get back to it if I need them later. So far the game hasn't asked me to get any moons that aren't from the level I'm currently on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah. Are you using boosters? That greatly increases the chance of acquiring a decent blade from a rare core. You can use up to five at once and farm them through handing in salvaging materials. It's not a guarantee but it does improve the odds.
    Boosters haven't been proven to do much of anything. It'll help a tiny bit when looking for a certain element but I'm general boosters are crap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I got a Switch for Christmas, just like I said a couple of weeks ago. It's great. The graphics are a lot nicer than I thought they would be, but I've only used it in handheld mode so far, so screen size is definitely a factor. I also got Odyssey, BOTW, and Mario x Rabbids. So far I've only played Odyssey. It's really good! First time I'm actually playing a Mario game, so I wasn't entirely sure on it, but I'm really liking it so far. I've just beaten that snake-thing in New Donk City, and the skies have cleared up. Spent some time hunting moons in the desert when I found out there were like 69 of them. Then I found out I missed all 17 in Cap Kingdom and said fuck it. I'll get back to it if I need them later. So far the game hasn't asked me to get any moons that aren't from the level I'm currently on.
    Moon wise you only need around 200 to beat the game I think. And there's 999 in total so the game is pretty lax on what you need to do
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Moon wise you only need around 200 to beat the game I think. And there's 999 in total so the game is pretty lax on what you need to do
    880 unique moons. The remainder are repeats of the shop moons, I believe. A grind you can optionally undertake if you want a unique... albeit lackluster imo.... reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah. Are you using boosters? That greatly increases the chance of acquiring a decent blade from a rare core. You can use up to five at once and farm them through handing in salvaging materials. It's not a guarantee but it does improve the odds.
    Boosters do not increase the chance of getting a rare blade.

You use boosters to acquire the element you're looking for, and you only use enough boosters to get that 1 level higher then the next. That grants you a roughly 30% higher chance of getting a blade of those 2 elements then of other elements.

It literally does nothing to increase your luck at getting a rare blade, you use them to try and target specific rare blades. IE targeting KOS-MOS use Justice boosters to make sure Justice is 1 higher the rest and if you roll a rare it's more likely to be her or a shadow rare(only 3 rares in the pool I believe).

At the end of the day RNG is still RNG. I had 16/20 of the lottery blades before I ever looted a legendary core, and I didn't go out of my way to farm cores either. The last few become a pain to get but in reality you will get plenty of rares over the course of a playthrough, not to mention you get 2 guaranteed tanks, 1 guaranteed healer and 5 guaranteed dps just from main/side quests.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-29 at 01:07 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hand size is only part of the issue. The major issue is if you regularly use larger controllers your hands will feel cramped and might ache when first using the joy cons. The buttons are tiny as are the sticks. Your thumbs are locked in place with little room to move. You do get used to it over time, but it can be an issue for anyone regardless of hand size.
    There afew things you can put on the controllers to increase there sizes a bit, and the joysticks can have those caps added

So i just picked up the preorder for the Bayonetta special edition on the nintendo store then immediately see people on twitter saying it sold out in minutes. i look and a lot of folks in my region seem to think its out of stock when its not so if you still want to order it go check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hand size is only part of the issue. The major issue is if you regularly use larger controllers your hands will feel cramped and might ache when first using the joy cons. The buttons are tiny as are the sticks. Your thumbs are locked in place with little room to move. You do get used to it over time, but it can be an issue for anyone regardless of hand size.
    I have large hands and my hands usually get cramped using handhelds. I have not yet had this issue with the switch controllers. I have played them on the system undocked, with them split, and on the joy-con grip. I thought I would have an issue and was going to have to get a pro controller, but the joy-cons have been surprisingly comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I have large hands and my hands usually get cramped using handhelds. I have not yet had this issue with the switch controllers. I have played them on the system undocked, with them split, and on the joy-con grip. I thought I would have an issue and was going to have to get a pro controller, but the joy-cons have been surprisingly comfortable.
    It's almost the same for me, if i play undocked with the console in my hands, i find the Joy-Cons just a little bit to small, it's right there on the edge between being uncomfortable and being comfortable.
    If i detach the Joy-Cons and connect the wrist-strap it's wonderful.
    I just love being able to lie down on my couch, and not having to have my hands somewhere on my stomach like you have to with a pro controller (and almost every other controller there is)
    The Joy-Cons has actually made me kinda enjoy motion-control, since it actually works.

Sent from my F8331 with Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    It's almost the same for me, if i play undocked with the console in my hands, i find the Joy-Cons just a little bit to small, it's right there on the edge between being uncomfortable and being comfortable.
    If i detach the Joy-Cons and connect the wrist-strap it's wonderful.
    I just love being able to lie down on my couch, and not having to have my hands somewhere on my stomach like you have to with a pro controller (and almost every other controller there is)
    The Joy-Cons has actually made me kinda enjoy motion-control, since it actually works.

I have small-ish hands and I have the exact same experience.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I have small-ish hands and I have the exact same experience.
    Is your name by any chance Donald Trump? [emoji23]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Is your name by any chance Donald Trump? [emoji23]

"Fake news CNN is claiming Joy-Cons are too small. SAD!"

- - - Updated - - -

So I've gotten to what I guess is the... Food Kingdom? That place can go die in a fire. By far the worst and most frustrating place I've seen yet. And fuck those hot tomatoes.

Just started master mode and I notice weapons break faster

Now I want to quit lol. There's a difference between hard and just annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    I've caught a bad case of JustAnotherShrineitis.

Hopefully its fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Just started master mode and I notice weapons break faster

Now I want to quit lol. There's a difference between hard and just annoying
    From what I understand it's not that weapons break faster it's just that enemies have more health from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    From what I understand it's not that weapons break faster it's just that enemies have more health from the beginning.
    It's both actually. Enemies are upgraded and weapons destroy faster

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I just recently got a Switch and was looking at screen protectors. I have no clue which one to buy now. I got a refund for my amfilm one from Amazon today. Followed instructions step by step, watched the video, even did it in a steamy bathroom and it still had bubbles in it. Pretty disappointed because I had the same problem with both of them. Bubbles were left around the middle, despite pressing down lightly on it once it was down like it said to. Would anyone recommend any other protectors or should I just test my luck with more amfilm screens? I honestly don't really need one, but the extra protection is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    So I just recently got a Switch and was looking at screen protectors. I have no clue which one to buy now. I got a refund for my amfilm one from Amazon today. Followed instructions step by step, watched the video, even did it in a steamy bathroom and it still had bubbles in it. Pretty disappointed because I had the same problem with both of them. Bubbles were left around the middle, despite pressing down lightly on it once it was down like it said to. Would anyone recommend any other protectors or should I just test my luck with more amfilm screens? I honestly don't really need one, but the extra protection is always nice.
    When i bought my Switch, i bought the official carrying-bag and if I'm not remembering wrong there was a screenprotector included.
    Really easy to apply, no bubbles anywhere.

I think you can buy those, without the bag.

You will want this one.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its super easy to put on and leaves no air bubbles, Only ever buy Glass screen protectors. Its a two pack if by some magical way (like I did lol) you mess up the first one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You will want this one.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its super easy to put on and leaves no air bubbles, Only ever buy Glass screen protectors. Its a two pack if by some magical way (like I did lol) you mess up the first one.
    Lmao, that's the one he said he returned. But I agree with you, I got the same one, and it's been great for me despite not doing it in a steamy bathroom. Also, remember to register it for warrant, as you are eligible for 2 more screen protectors if they break.

Also, I finished Odyssey. Well, I say finished. Really I just beat Bowser. I had 258 moons at the end so I could get to the Dark Side if I wanted. For now, I think I'm gonna put it down and start up Breath of the Wild. Still hate those tomatoes.

I believe I wound up going with the one from Ozrly: https://www.amazon.com/Orzly-Screen-...reen+protector