Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well, yeah, naturally, but I feel like it would be a missed opportunity. Nothing that was added after the destruction of the respective zones require you to travel back in time; it's really immersion-breaking and silly. Call of the Scarabs was shit to begin with, and with the new Silithus, they could have another shot, maybe make it an actual Holiday.

It would also be stupid in the sense that Silithus will be the main content of the patch at launch, so having the player decide between grinding for a mount or doing the quests/content is stupid aswell
    CotS is commemoration of AQ gate opening, makes no sense for it to take place in new silithus. You also wont be grinding for that mount, its only for the 2 day event.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Mounts were added for that event.
    which can be hotfixed in without releasing 7.3.5.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    which can be hotfixed in without releasing 7.3.5.....
    Can they push new models to clients via hotfix now? Since when? And when did they do that last time?
    @Marlamin can you confirm it?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yes. But nothing else. Call of the Scarab would have to take place in new Silithus, and surely there would be changes to it because it's not really compatible with it. But there's nothing regarding yet. Nothing even mentioning that you would have to travel back in time. The mounts are the only thing added to the Holiday.

That's why I believe it won't be out until after Call of the Scarab. It's nothing new to add toys and mounts to Holidays that are months away.
    LFR Seat of the Pantheon opens on the 16 of January.

Call of the Scarab begins in the 21 of January.

With LFR Seat, World Silithus will, presumably, become phased Silithus with the sword, just like Argus in the sky appeared after Kil'jaeden opened in LFR.

There is already no place for Call of the Scarab to be compatible with that.

With 7.3.5 confirmed for end of February, there is officially nothing to do at least for the next two months.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    With 7.3.5 confirmed for end of February, there is officially nothing to do at least for the next two months.
    Hum...Antorus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is confirmed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Hum...Antorus?
    Don't bother with rda.

7+ Year Old Account
    With 7.3.5 confirmed for end of February
    wait what.
    where and when was that confirmed.?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    wait what.
    where and when was that confirmed.?
    It wasn't. To avoid further confusion, put him into your ignore list.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

^^ You guys have zero sense of humor. I was just playing ball to the link in Shadochi's post. Relax.

Happy New Year.

Can they push new models to clients via hotfix now? Since when? And when did they do that last time?
    Pretty sure the BlizzCon mounts were added this way. I don't think anyone saw them before they became available. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Pretty sure the BlizzCon mounts were added this way. I don't think anyone saw them before they became available. Not sure though.
    They were in, just encrypted iirc.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

No, anything outside of database stuff still needs client patches.

They were in, just encrypted iirc.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    No, anything outside of database stuff still needs client patches.

Yup.
    Your take on the patch release date?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Your take on the patch release date?
    Sometime 2018.

CotS is commemoration of AQ gate opening, makes no sense for it to take place in new silithus. You also wont be grinding for that mount, its only for the 2 day event.
    Gee, you'd think with Silithus being relevant in 7.3.5 again beyond a mini-event that a lot of people don't even bother with, they could make those Silithid mounts part of some quest chain or drop there, rather than throwing them away at a 2 day mini event.

Imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Gee, you'd think with Silithus being relevant in 7.3.5 again beyond a mini-event that a lot of people don't even bother with, they could make those Silithid mounts part of some quest chain or drop there, rather than throwing them away at a 2 day mini event.

Imagine that!
    Well, they use the new models primarily as mobs in the new silithus version, mounts might have been done just on the side. The way they are obtained doesn't concern me at all, it's just additional +1 for the achievement. (Unless they could walk on water or something.)
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-12-30 at 04:40 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, they use the new models primarily as mobs in the new silithus version, mounts might have been done just on the side. The way they are obtained doesn't concern me at all, it's just additional +1 for the achievement. (Unless they could walk on water or something.)
    I still can see them doing something with AQ and C'thun in 8.1, similiar to return to Karazhan - would be a great way to add the HD mounts!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I wonder if they’d even count for the mount collection? Micro-holidays aren’t supposed to have actual rewards in them. And it’s only up for 2 or 3 days iirc. Very short time period to get those.

And if they don’t count, that’s why I don’t think 7.3.5 launch needs to happen before Call of the Scarab.