Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Can't see myself playing WoW Classic for very long if I can't customize my character. Even some private servers offered the option to transmog your gear.

Transmog doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever, it was the best thing ever added to the game and there's no reason not to have it.
    I'm totally in agreement that transmog is one of the (very) best things that ever happened to WoW, but WoW Classic needs to be WoW Classic, not 'kinda sorta classic'. Honestly - I thought it would be a cold day in hell before Blizz caved, but now that they have, they need to provide as close an approximation to the original WoW experience as they can. Otherwise it defeats the point of this huge effort to get them to release classic servers in the first place.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

On the record, I don't think transmog should be in the game (it's supposed to be CLASSIC after all), but I think the arguments people make about how it had any tangible effect at all on the game range from ludicrous to heart-stoppingly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, Transmog affects gameplay.
    Soon as transmog was implemented there ceased to exist incentive to farm gear in the current raid tier to look good.
    When transmog is in the game everyone looks good. This creates an environment where no one feels the need to improve their character. It stops the sense of hurry because everyone is already beautiful.

NO transmog is the authentic PvE experience.

You start by looking like a clown and progressively you look awesome. Slowly but surely.

If your BiS gear doesnt match you can always equip the complete raid tier set on major cities (manually) just for the fashion show and to look cool. Just like in a oldshool Roleplay server.

This is the authentic experience.
    Lets all have fun in Classic shall we?
    Interesting...and here I remember hearing about people looking like clowns everywhere as they mix and matched plate, cloth, Mail, and leather for stats (minus clothies of course).
    Think I prefer getting my normal-mythic gear and actually having it match, instead of having 4 pieces of t21, 2 pieces of t20, and a random off piece that doesn't go with either.
    Also, most people never looked awesome as most never got full tier. This might be entirely possible now that the game is old and people will clear much faster than they did back in the days of actual vanilla, as well as having no worries about another xpac. People can farm the same raids forever for that elusive gear (elusive solely due to 2 pieces dropping for 40 people). Such fun!

I actually think that transmogs really give a lot of character to your character, if that makes any sense. Also, it gives you a lot of room to play arond with how you wanna look.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    In classic you should get transmog only after you earn your 1000 pet battle win achievement, 1000 LFR win achievement or after spending 1000 hours in your garrison.
    LOL 10char
    Ily mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog was a fantastic addition to the game, so I completely disagree with your argument, OP. I played through Vanilla, WotLK, and Cata which did not have transmog. Having everyone walk around in the exact same gear back in the day was awful, especially in expansions like WotLK and Cata where gear from lower difficulties looked nearly identical to the stuff you found in Heroic Raids. This was even worse in PvP, because then everyone was grinding for the exact same stuff, and made everyone look the same.

This may have not been as big of an issue in Vanilla, but to say that not having transmog gives a more authentic experience is just stupid. While I don't advocate for transmog being added to Vanilla servers, this feature was certainly a highly needed one for evolution of the game.

I'll assume this is a poor attempt at trolling.

I can't wait until like 2-3 years pass from Vanilla server and everywhere you go in main cities, you see people either in T1,T2 or T3, maybe some PVP set if that was a thing back then... That will be so diverse and fascinating!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP beats his meat to the idea that people will care what he's wearing, inevitable reality check when he afks in Ironforge and nobody talks to him coming Soon(tm). Also, full tier set is a pretty clear indicator you don't know what the hell you're doing and just want to show off, especially if you play Fury (in fact, any Fury warrior not wearing Edgemaster's Handguards is pretty easy to spot out as a newbie). OP justifies this by saying they could just put on their in-town outfit, ignoring that the whole point of transmog is that it lets you do this and play the game at the same time, shooting their own argument in the foot.

Just another paint-by-numbers Shadowpunkz thread. I'll see you guys in Classic, actually wearing best-in-slot gear for my current level of progression rather than trying to flex my dick and lord it over the unwashed masses.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Obviously no transmog for you guys. But this thread is kinda like "Spot who never actually played classic". The people that think transmog killed item farming (is it really dead? o.0?) have no clue. Your tier set usually was the most meh collection of items available, unless you really needed that stamina from the sheer item level difference. Everyone else was having a serious case of the clown gear syndrome and the ones who didn't were either the ones that blew all their DKP on garbage gear or where farming outdated content and it was obvious they didn't manage to make the jump to the next raid tier.

Deleted
    Another Shadowpunkz transmog thread,

Ran out of opportunities to talk about your Storm- errr I mean Orgrimmar assassin?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    OP beats his meat to the idea that people will care what he's wearing, inevitable reality check when he afks in Ironforge and nobody talks to him coming Soon(tm). Also, full tier set is a pretty clear indicator you don't know what the hell you're doing and just want to show off, especially if you play Fury (in fact, any Fury warrior not wearing Edgemaster's Handguards is pretty easy to spot out as a newbie). OP justifies this by saying they could just put on their in-town outfit, ignoring that the whole point of transmog is that it lets you do this and play the game at the same time, shooting their own argument in the foot.

Just another paint-by-numbers Shadowpunkz thread. I'll see you guys in Classic, actually wearing best-in-slot gear for my current level of progression rather than trying to flex my dick and lord it over the unwashed masses.
    Done and done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The people that think transmog killed item farming (is it really dead? o.0?) have no clue.
    So you are saying nowadays if i go to Orgrimmar i will see 90% of players with transmogs of current raid tiers?
    See? That's the problem.
    People used to be excited about showing off the current tier sets.
    It created an aura in the air where everyone was trying to look the same.
    It's a different way of things.
    I liked those times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

Yes, i beat my meat on the idea that showing off current raid tier sets in major cities creates incentive for people who wouldn't raid otherwise.
    I really think "no trasnmog" is the ultimate form of incentive to get people to raid.

So you are saying nowadays if i go to Orgrimmar i will see 90% of players with transmogs of current raid tiers?
    See? That's the problem.
    People used to be excited about showing off the current tier sets.
    It created a aura in the air where everyone was trying to look the same.
    It's a different way of things.
    I liked those times.
    People still try to get them, until they have the major pieces they just use a different set though, to avoid clown gear syndrome.

Deleted
    People still try to get them, until they have the major pieces they just use a different set though, to avoid clown gear syndrome.
    But you understand the charm of everyone being a walking show of the current fashion season?
    It created a feeling of everyone trying to be "him" the guy in full tier set of the current raid tier.

Sure there is less diversity but there is some kind of charm to this system that i can't seem to forget about

Contrary to popular belief, Transmog affects gameplay.
    Soon as transmog was implemented there ceased to exist incentive to farm gear in the current raid tier to look good.
    When transmog is in the game everyone looks good. This creates an environment where no one feels the need to improve their character. It stops the sense of hurry because everyone is already beautiful.

NO transmog is the authentic PvE experience.

You start by looking like a clown and progressively you look awesome. Slowly but surely.

If your BiS gear doesnt match you can always equip the complete raid tier set on major cities (manually) just for the fashion show and to look cool. Just like in a oldshool Roleplay server.

This is the authentic experience.
    Lets all have fun in Classic shall we?
    Well, damn. This must be why Method took so long to kill M KJ! They didn't look beautiful, since apparently the OP thinks that is what kills bosses and not, you know, the stats on the best gear available, just "looking beautiful".

Transmog has zero impact on gameplay. Your bizarre theory that people stop playing in Mythic or whatever difficulty because "well, I already look pretty" would imply no one bothers to even START raiding because why bother? "I already look pretty". Maybe for YOU, the look of the gear is the only reason to raid, but for most, it is the smallest part of a piece of gear. Please don't try speaking for everyone in stating that they stop raiding because they "are already pretty". That is ridiculous, shallow, and vapid. Don't be that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Well, damn. This must be why Method took so long to kill M KJ! They didn't look beautiful, since apparently the OP thinks that is what kills bosses and not, you know, the stats on the best gear available, just "looking beautiful".

Transmog has zero impact on gameplay. Your bizarre theory that people stop playing in Mythic or whatever difficulty because "well, I already look pretty" would imply no one bothers to even START raiding because why bother? "I already look pretty". Maybe for YOU, the look of the gear is the only reason to raid, but for most, it is the smallest part of a piece of gear. Please don't try speaking for everyone in stating that they stop raiding because they "are already pretty". That is ridiculous, shallow, and vapid. Don't be that.
    You pretty much told in your post my persona.
    I dont raid anymore because i am already beautiful (because of trasnmog) so i have no incentive to enter a raid anymore.
    I agree i am assuming i am like other people and that there is more people like me...is that wrong?
    I can't be the only one...
    I'm pretty sure more people like me exist even if they don't understand the reason why (because they never played pre transmog or any other reason).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Another Shadowpunkz transmog thread,

Ran out of opportunities to talk about your Storm- errr I mean Orgrimmar assassin?
    Try to understand why i am so passionate about the old system. I will try to explain:

1) Everyone is ugly
    2) You are Ugly
    3) In Ironforge you see a Rogue with full tier set
    4) I want to be like him
    5) I find incentive to Raid, have raid hours, schedule etc because i dont want to be ugly anymore
    6) I finally have a full raid tier set
    7) Major sense of acomplishment and prestige in a world where the majority is ugly (because of the system)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-12-30 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye! Can't wait to look like shit because that lvl 50 pure spellpower piece that looks like what hobo would use to warm up is actuality BiS until some piece in late BWL.

I remember that, sometimes you got to that set which was both good looking, matching and was actually best gear you could wear, only to have this house of cards shatter with that new better piece which is frikkin on a whole opposite side of the color and theme spectrum.

So exciting!

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously no transmog for you guys. But this thread is kinda like "Spot who never actually played classic". The people that think transmog killed item farming (is it really dead? o.0?) have no clue. Your tier set usually was the most meh collection of items available, unless you really needed that stamina from the sheer item level difference. Everyone else was having a serious case of the clown gear syndrome and the ones who didn't were either the ones that blew all their DKP on garbage gear or where farming outdated content and it was obvious they didn't manage to make the jump to the next raid tier.
    This basically, sets were average especially for healers st least until T3. T2 Paladin set was godawful for healing, it was some sort of random bullshit jumbled and mixed to try and sit on 3 specs Blizz thought were viable as opposed to healing. It looked kickass for its time, but you seriously never wore it aside from a piece or two if you cared about optimal gearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of everything to complain about, transmogs?

Sorry that I'd rather not look like I'm wearing a clown suit? How many people actually wear full tier sets...month upon month of farming...especially if I play a desired class.

You pretty much told in your post my persona.
    I dont raid anymore because i am already beautiful (because of trasnmog) so i have no incentive to enter a raid anymore.
    I agree i am assuming i am like other people and that there is more people like me...is that wrong?
    I can't be the only one...
    I'm pretty sure more people like me exist even if they don't understand the reason why (because they never played pre transmog or any other reason).
    "I can't be the only one" does not even remotely equal a large enough reason to think it is a real problem.

That is like saying, "I saw a guy on TV that likes to eat glass, so clearly this is a problem we need to fix on a global scale". The number of people who don't raid current content because of transmog is likely ridiculously minuscule. I doubt you will find double digits of people on MMO and the official forums combined that will say that is the case.

If you want to argue that transmog shouldn't be in Classic servers because it wasn't in classic, fine. But don't make some ridiculous claim that there are lots of people who stop raiding because "they already look pretty".

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    Transmog is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper, but really effect the RPG elements negatively.
    Bullshit. RP however the fuck you want to. Nobody gives a shit. Transmog is a good thing for the rest who dont care about you.