Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arms Spec feels bad again

Arms had a lot of complaints in Legion, due to it's slot machine nature.

I came to enjoy the style though due to the Deadly Calm + Focus Rage combo, this allowed you to essentially game the slot machine, especially in Nighthold when combo'd with CoF. Your always watching that CD on Battle Cry and then BAM you go crazy and you have a bunch of rage to fish for procs with even after the CD.

Blizz decided Arms can't have nice things the next tier and nerfed Deadly Calm along with moving it to the same Tier as Focus Rage. However instead we had the set bonus in ToS to make Bladestorm a single target CD. This meant instead of waiting and gaming Battle Cry it was instead Bladestorm. Once it's off CD BAM! Your storming, and you now have a bunch of rage to fish for procs with.

It took me awhile to realize why Arms felt so clunky again, and it was due to the fact that I now have Tier 21. Now there is sadly nothing exciting about Arms. Before it was Battle Cry + Deadly Calm + FR, then it was Bladestorm, now I'm just praying to RNG gods. Mind you I'm lucky enough to have both Archavons and Ayala's, so I can't imagine what others are going through.

I have the right leggos and such as well..it still feels like crap. I have been dealing with this by playing my feral and ret a lot more...not really a fan of fury so either its deal with it for a year or reroll.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I'm sticking with Titanic Might and Rend, regardless of the set. It just feels better.

Ha, kinda funny how different opinions are. The only reason I didn't main warrior from the start of legion was the deadly calm/FR play style. But I do agree that the current version is a bit lacking, I wouldn't really say it's bad..., it just feels like it's missing something (some kind of cooldown to pair with BC).

On the other hand I think the ToS bladestorm set/play style was probably the best arms has ever felt in all my time playing a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I'm sticking with Titanic Might and Rend, regardless of the set. It just feels better.
    If you have T21 I"m thinking TM + Trauma will be fine. I agree having TM just feels better. WW just cost too much damn rage, it's better if the RNG gods love you, but screw that.

Deleted
    FR almost made me reroll from 12+ years of maining warrior (Thanks god going prot saved me)

t20 set with ravager, rend and TM was decent tho (Played as an of spec)

I'm yet to finish t21 but I tried the playstyle before and it's not very much appealing

This "big slow hits" design since WoD is ruining everything good about Arms spec... And also the fact that you're almost healing the boss unless you have BC on (same thing for fury)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    FR almost made me reroll from 12+ years of maining warrior (Thanks god going prot saved me)

t20 set with ravager, rend and TM was decent tho (Played as an of spec)

I'm yet to finish t21 but I tried the playstyle before and it's not very much appealing

This "big slow hits" design since WoD is ruining everything good about Arms spec... And also the fact that you're almost healing the boss unless you have BC on (same thing for fury)
    What's frustrating is Arms spec felt perfect in MoP. Not sure why in hells name Blizz had to change it. Just make Overpower baseline like it always has been ffs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    What's frustrating is Arms spec felt perfect in MoP. Not sure why in hells name Blizz had to change it. Just make Overpower baseline like it always has been ffs!
    OP reducing CD on MS and Slam doing actually some damage (and even AoE in a small radius) was really pleasurable to play. IMO CS is the problem right now (not getting procs feels really shitty on your dps) I would love if it had at least 2 or 3 chargesso you can store them for a time with bad procs

That's my one disappointment with Arms: one of the absolute best animations in the game is stuck to a shitty talent. They should either make Overpower baseline or make it better.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

LMAO! As they did to DK's, Hunters, and several other classes. Blizz has zero clue how to fix the arbitrary decisions they implement to 'fix' things. They are Fuckwiths. Thats to say they f*ck with things that aren't broken just because they can.
    And shepherds we shall be...

Deleted
    My biggest problem atm is maintaining CS. If you get really unlucky you can be without CS on target for more than 5 sec. I will still stick to it though even with 4p because i like it better than Fury but will definately try Fury as well when i get trinkets+relics. Our rotation does feel a little weird with WW as ST but i can live with it.

This is bad design for blizzard. WW with FoB should never out DPS slam for single target cause WW is supposedly AoE / cleave ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    my problem is always rage, seems stupid but i don't fewl rage starve when i go overpower, but this pretty much fuck up the rotation.

If at least rend last a bit longer, too short, like you need to refresh all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came here to see what people thought of Arms. I cannot play this shit anymore. I don't understand how anyone at Blizzard can find it enjoyable. I wanted to come back and PvP as Arms but I don't think I have enough willpower to play with these rage issues. Other specs you're rewarding if you play right, you get a fluid experience. Doesn't matter how good you are at Arms. It's still going to feel like trash and you will be rage starved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    LMAO! As they did to DK's, Hunters, and several other classes. Blizz has zero clue how to fix the arbitrary decisions they implement to 'fix' things. They are Fuckwiths. Thats to say they f*ck with things that aren't broken just because they can.
    Hey, at least with the Class Designer being moved to Hearthstone, Arms might become a decent spec again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    That's my one disappointment with Arms: one of the absolute best animations in the game is stuck to a shitty talent. They should either make Overpower baseline or make it better.
    Tbh Overpower's animation sucks. It's just pummels animation. Cleave is the best animation imo

Came here looking for answers but just confirming some of my doubts. I love the class and feels weird as hell using whirlwind for single target dmg.

Not sure I miss Slam's cast time but there has to be something better they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I came here to see what people thought of Arms. I cannot play this shit anymore. I don't understand how anyone at Blizzard can find it enjoyable. I wanted to come back and PvP as Arms but I don't think I have enough willpower to play with these rage issues. Other specs you're rewarding if you play right, you get a fluid experience. Doesn't matter how good you are at Arms. It's still going to feel like trash and you will be rage starved.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, at least with the Class Designer being moved to Hearthstone, Arms might become a decent spec again.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh Overpower's animation sucks. It's just pummels animation. Cleave is the best animation imo
    Arms feels fine in PvP tbh. Especially if you take Rage Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    my problem is always rage, seems stupid but i don't fewl rage starve when i go overpower, but this pretty much fuck up the rotation.

If at least rend last a bit longer, too short, like you need to refresh all the time.
    That's my point the previous set bonuses alleviated the rage issues Arms could have. Battle Cry/Bladestorm allowed you to pool your rage up and fish for procs. The more CS's you get the less rage your dumping. I think Blizz forgot that totally.
    Last edited by Matthias; 2017-12-30 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the button bloat in Arms, messed around with Fury and was amazed by the lack of buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I don't like the button bloat in Arms, messed around with Fury and was amazed by the lack of buttons.
    Think you got it the other way around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Think you got it the other way around?
    Really? When I play Fury and put all my spells on the action bar, it takes up less room in comparison to arms.

Deleted
    Overpower animation and sound had changed with Legion am I right ?
    Last edited by mmoc7679173084; 2017-12-30 at 07:43 PM.