Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Angry? Hardly. Just tired of the constant nonsense 'store' topics like this one. All it does it get people pissed off, as several replies in this topic clearly indicate, and given the huge number of blatant trolls on this forum - I can't help but wonder if you knew that when you made it.
    I dont generally read this part of the forum. At all. If there were tons of similar post, I didnt notice them at quick look before i made the post. So no, I wasnt aware. You seem angry anyway, but I'll stop posting here about this to not derail the thread. I think its interesting discussion. The only part that I'm afraid about posting this is that it creates discussion and more people, blizz too, might notice it and give them the idea. That is not a reason to not discuss and not talk about the matter, though.

THis thread went several pages just fine before people started posting angry posts and trolls.

/end derail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I dont generally read this part of the forum. At all. If there were tons of similar post, I didnt notice them at quick look before i made the post. So no, I wasnt aware. You seem angry anyway, but I'll stop posting here about this to not derail the thread. I think its interesting discussion. The only part that I'm afraid about posting this is that it creates discussion and more people, blizz too, might notice it and give them the idea. That is not a reason to not discuss and not talk about the matter, though.

THis thread went several pages just fine before people started posting angry posts and trolls.

/end derail
    So is everyone who disagrees with your idea automatically a troll and/or angry? You do know how a discussion works, yes?

You ended your original post with 'do you think Blizz would do such a thing?' No, they wouldn't. And I assume that 2, 3, 4 years from now - when there's 0 races in the dreaded cash shop - you'll realize that.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-30 at 09:00 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Pretty much. I was excited about Evolve until I saw what they did with day 1 content, at which point I gave that game the proverbial middle finger and haven't thought about it since.
    Evolve going free-to-play on PC as developer comments on disappointing reception, “DLC shitstorm”
    Even at retracting the bullshit they pulled, no one plays it anymore, because once you burn that bridge there is no going back. If people want to see WoW die, start adding paid sub-races.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I can't believe there are actually morons who defend stuff like this.

Yeah we're not entitled to anything but that doesn't mean it's right to just charge for every shit that isn't mandatory to play the game. With that logic they can start charging for better textures, better animations, additional items in the world and stuff like that just because it's optional content that isn't required to play the game.

And maximising profits isn't just about increasing prices for everything, eventually you hit a point where a company could start losing money because they started charging too much and more and more people stop buying from such a company.

Also why would you be willing to pay for new races when so far you got them as part of new expansions?

No wonder companies like EA can get away with their shit when people like you help them ruin the industry...
    Because people like us aren't fucking idiots, and realize the difference between optional and mandatory to play a fucking game. We realize that companies are free to do as they please and offer additional stuff for a charge. Why can't you get that? Optional is optional is optional. Its not required for you to play the game.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-12-30 at 09:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because people like us aren't fucking idiots, and realize the difference between optional and mandatory to play a fucking game. We realize that companies are free to do as they please and offer additional stuff for a charge. Why can't you get that? Optional is optional is optional. Its not required for you to play the game.
    As dirty as it makes me feel, I 100% agree with Jaylock and other on this topic.

Optional is optional.

I really don't understand why it upsets people so much to have paid store content? Just don't buy it - It in no way affects the power of your character or experience playing the game. But others enjoy it, and that's cool.

Personally, I would buy any and all paid sub races, whether I would play them or not.
    Here is something to believe in!

DLC and WoW should never be in the same sentence.

Only if an Activision Director gives me a free rim job after I buy it.

May as well remove every race except Humans and Orcs and sell all of them as DLC.

Optional is optional right?

Why do people like defending cancerous business practices?

The shelf above me of old games is some depressing shit, full of full games that weren't split up into 500 different parts. Good times.

Also having locked content behind a purchase DOES AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE GAME, STFU SAYING IT DOESN'T. PEOPLE LIKE COSMETICS IN VIDEO GAMES, THEY ALWAYS HAVE YOU GOD FORSAKEN RETARDS. THATS WHY THEY SELL THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE AND GET MILLIONS OF DOLLARS HERP FUCKING DERP, BRAINS PLS
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-12-30 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ick. Don't give them any fuckin' ideas, the last thing we need is more pay-to-play MMOs figuring out new and inventive ways to stick it to their players sideways by locking features that used to come part and parcel with expansion purchase behind a paywall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Why do people like defending cancerous business practices?
    Because massa is good to them, providin' them with they's own bed and the pleasure to choose to pay massa more money for things they used to get with the original purchase, because they're stupid-ass, boot-licking toadies that massa has successfully gaslighted into forgetting this shit used to come with the base purchase.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Having graphics is optional too. And animations. In fact, everything that isn't the base code is optional for a game. So why not charge for everything? Because at least for now, companies like Blizzard have at least some sense left that they won't do that.

And you're right, companies are free to do whatever they want. If they want to lose even more customers with schemes like these they can go right ahead.

I'm just saying, why encourage Blizzard to charge for additional races when so far we got them included in expansions?
    Unless of course wow gets rid of the sub model, then we can talk about paid content.

- - - Updated - - -

In all the years Blizz has had a 'store' there's been people like you suggesting that they'll eventually sell tier sets, legendaries, and all these other things that they never ended up selling.

So no. They are not going to sell races in the store. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting this angry over something that hasn't happened (and isn't going to happen) is stupid. They are not going to sell races in the store.

Just like they never sold all the other ridiculous shit people suggested they would, like tier sets and weapons and legendaries. Just because some random schmuck 'has a feeling' and makes a topic, doesn't mean its incoming.
    I might have been hungry writing that reply. But yes, I know Blizzard most likely won't sell such things, but you never know.

Part of me would love to be a Draenei on Horde, but I would never pay for it out of principle. And because it makes 0 sense in the lore, which I do still somewhat care about. Even though the story is often cliche and stupid, I would rather it didn't become completely nonsensical.

If blizz stops the sub then i could see new races as DLC but if we are still subbing then i would be insanely pissed about this.

Yes they can get away with mounts and pets but a new race that you need to fork out for? That would go down like a fucking lead ballon!

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    No. The entire premise when they set out with World of Warcraft was that they were sick of having to pay for every little thing, and that paying one consistent payment would give you access to everything.
    That's not what the EULA and ToU says.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    But yeah, its irrelevant, because it isn't going to happen. Future races will come in content patches or expansions past BFA. Not from the store.
    So you now own Activison & Blizzard and speak for them as to what they will or will not do? If you don't own them where's your proof that this will never happen other than "it never happened in the past"?

People have asked for many races, ever since WoW was a thing. Murlocs. Vrykul. High elves. Arakkoa. You name it, there's probably somebody, somewhere that wants to play as it. So 'all the people asking for their favorite race' is not a new thing.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't, again I may be wrong here, but didn't people ask for legacy servers after Blizzard stated they would NEVER do such a thing because WoW is about moving forward but then they saw how much desire there was for it and decided to do such a thing? Again I may be wrong here but wasn't that just announced with Blizzcon 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Also having locked content behind a purchase DOES AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE GAME, STFU SAYING IT DOESN'T. PEOPLE LIKE COSMETICS IN VIDEO GAMES, THEY ALWAYS HAVE YOU GOD FORSAKEN RETARDS. THATS WHY THEY SELL THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE AND GET MILLIONS OF DOLLARS HERP FUCKING DERP, BRAINS PLS
    How exactly does picking a race change YOUR PERSONAL GAME EXPERIENCE other than from a stance of "someone has something I don't and its not fair"? Did you go out & buy the Hood of Hungering Darkness, Crown of Eternal Winter, and Jewel of the Firelord when they were added in the game? You know those COSMETIC items that are purchasable from the cash shop? I mean surely you bought the Armored Bloodwing, Celestial Steed, Enchanted Fey Dragon, Grinning Reaver, Heart of the Aspects, Iron Skyreaver, Winged Guardian, and Swift Windsteed because they affected your PERSONAL GAMING EXPERIENCE and were game breaking. You know those skins of a mount that is just as good as say a Snowy Gryphon for Alliance players or Blue Wind Rider for Horde. But yeah, how exactly is COSMETIC items "locked content" other than being something you didn't buy and therefor can't use?

No, fuck no, hell fucking no.

Cosmetic items I don't much care if they are on the shop, races unless they remove all racial bonus's have can have an effect on gameplay so no. Especially not in a subscription game, we've already seen the start of that slippery slope in WoD I am damn certain the Fairy Dragon and the Grinning Reaver were rep mounts that were ripped out and put on the shop. I have no wish to pay to access content that should have been included in the expansion and ongoing sub cost, races are this.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Paid races would mean I would leave WoW and cancel my sub instantly when announced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You do realize that, um, the base price of the game is what entitles me to getting graphics in a video game? Not sure how you've convinced yourself graphics are optional, but okay. Not even going to comment on animations being optional. That's just not even halfway intelligent. There's NOTHING wrong with Blizzard offering mounts in the shop, cosmetic items in the shop, etc. They are optional items that don't progress or unlock gameplay that wasn't previously accessible.

Indeed, there is a fine line with what companies can do and I think Blizzard walks that line deftly. Inversely, Electronics Arts has no fucking clue what they're doing and they'll hopefully go bankrupt from their recent practices. But to reach as far as saying "graphics and animations = loot boxes"... really? You want to be taken seriously with that logic?

There's a point where being tongue-in-cheek makes you look foolish. That being said, I would not support charging players microtransactions for playable races. I think the $60 Expansion model works just fine.

PS: Please, Blizzard, shed all contacts with Activision posthaste. It will be the end of you if you do not heed the warnings! Just look at Bungie.
    Uhh, that wasn't my point, at all. I'm just using their logic and, if it wasn't obvious, exaggeration that blizzard could charge for even more stuff than they are, just because there's a lot of things that aren't really needed to play the game.

It's silly, I know, but for some people here it would be fine if on top of a sub fee blizzard also charges for every piece of new content they make post the expansion release.

I can't see them do that.

As a developer, you have to make decisions that might make you unpopular for money's sake, they are a company after all, but then it has to be worth it.

Having people pay for DLC, in addition to subscription and expansion would probably lose them the money in unpopularity. There is a line to be walked, after all. And I'm pretty sure an argument can be made that they'll make enough money from race changes that it wouldn't be necessary.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want to see a melt down that hasn’t been seen since the Real ID thing then Blizzard should probably avoid nickel and diming us anymore than they do with character transfers and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    DLC? It's Blizzard not EA.
    And Blizzard would never do something as underhanded as selling cosmetic features in their shop, or putting them in loot boxes.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Most people consider DLCs ruined modern gaming and here you are asking for some to be implemented