Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Are cops/first responders out of shape?

I watch too much youtube videos of cops, but it seems crazy to me that you can be 300 pounds plus and actually do your your job. Do they not test your health after you graduate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I watch too much youtube videos of cops, but it seems crazy to me that you can be 300 pounds plus and actually do your your job. Do they not test your health after you graduate?
    Yup, every single one. Clearly you have pin pointed the problem.

I'm looking at the special service people who are supposed to protect the president's life and some of them look so fat the criteria for hire must have been "can you serve as a human meat shield against a full AK-47 clip?". It's quite ridiculous.

Then again the food people eat in the US is absolute shit, garbage, processed manure, so it's no surprise so many are so obscenely obese. Even without regular exercise, no one should be that morbidly obese from normal food. Even after wasting my life for 3 years doing nothing but gaming and no exercise I had gained like 10 pounds extra, but not fucking 150.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-12-30 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I'm looking at the special service people who are supposed to protect the president's life and some of them look so fat the criteria for hire must have been "can you serve as a human meat shield against a full AK-47 clip?". It's quite ridiculous.

Then again the food people eat in the US is absolute shit, garbage, processed manure, so it's no surprise so many are so obscenely obese. Even without regular exercise, no one should be that morbidly obese from normal food.
    And it only took 3 posts....

Almost everyone is in crummy shape. While it's true that there are some very fit people in the armed forces and in LEO roles, it's shameful how many of them can't even remotely stay with a computer nerd like me in a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    And it only took 3 posts....
    What are you, the newest member of the "let's post one sentence meaningless posts to increase our post count" group? Congratulations, you've been included in MMO Champ's foremost mediocrity league.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    there is some insanely fit cops and stuff. But lets get real here.

Luckily in America the perp is likely to keel over from a stroke after trying to run 3 steps anyways.....

Does it matter? Nobody is gonna outrun a bullet.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

What are you, the newest member of the "let's post one sentence meaningless posts to increase our post count" group? Congratulations, you've been included in MMO Champ's foremost mediocrity league.
    This coming from the anti-America bandwagon regurgitation machine?

But please, continue. *hands shovel*

- - - Updated - - -

there is some insanely fit cops and stuff. But lets get real here.
    So would you turn down an obese person trying to save your life?

This coming from the anti-America bandwagon regurgitation machine?

But please, continue. *hands shovel*
    I fucking love the US and its citizens, I just hate what some of the largest corporations are doing to it.

- - - Updated - - -

So would you turn down an obese person trying to save your life?
    How the hell did you even interpret that as the meaning of what that person wrote?

10+ Year Old Account

skinny officer doing a foot chace.

I fucking love the US and its citizens, I just hate what some of the largest corporations are doing to it.

- - - Updated - - -

How the hell did you even interpret that as the meaning of what that person wrote?
    What corporations are you referring to? Because if they have that much influence it ain’t just America sport.

He was casting judgement (its jayburner, I am just playing along) on first responders. Quite a bold move to decide the person saving your ass should lose a couple pounds first.

Never underestimate a crack head. They have stamina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    who gives a shit if a first responder is out of shape? Lot's of them are volunteers. Cops, some are, it depends on the physical requirements their employer puts on them. Some departments have annual fitness tests most smaller ones don't. Who are you to try and tell them they are out of shape or not?

10+ Year Old Account

Then again the food people eat in the US is absolute shit, garbage, processed manure, so it's no surprise so many are so obscenely obese. Even without regular exercise, no one should be that morbidly obese from normal food. Even after wasting my life for 3 years doing nothing but gaming and no exercise I had gained like 10 pounds extra, but not fucking 150.
    wow you're just a lovely person aren't you

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    who gives a shit if a first responder is out of shape? Lot's of them are volunteers. Cops, some are, it depends on the physical requirements their employer puts on them. Some departments have annual fitness tests most smaller ones don't. Who are you to try and tell them they are out of shape or not?
    Not having fitness standards for a job where it's relevant is a joke. Even the fitness standards that are present are usually a joke. How hard is to expect something like a 10 minute 1.5 mile run or similar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not having fitness standards for a job where it's relevant is a joke. Even the fitness standards that are present are usually a joke. How hard is to expect something like a 10 minute 1.5 mile run or similar?
    Most police departments have a 10 minute mile they do annually. They also have firing range requirements annually. What does that have to do with non law enforcement first responders?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Most police departments have a 10 minute mile they do annually. They also have firing range requirements annually. What does that have to do with non law enforcement first responders?
    A 10 minute mile? That's a complete joke. That's an awful pace for a marathon, much less a single mile.

For non-paid people, I don't care. For positions where people are compensated, having some basic fitness standards really isn't too much to ask. Anyone that can't run a 10 minute mile is a such a lazy fuck that they have no business being in a position with any physical demands.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm fairly sure the fire department has standards?