Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand the obsession with CNN, they suck, like all TV media these days. In fact, it'd probably unifying if people weren't always trying to make it a partisan thing rather than them just being another example of click-baity sensationalism.

News/reporting/journalism should have nothing to do with profit. There also needs to be a clearer separation between news and opinion pieces.

People will watch FOX or MSNBC all day and just take everything said by everyone as reported facts. All the news and opinion is just thrown together.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    I'll never understand the obsession with CNN, they suck, like all TV media these days. In fact, it'd probably unifying if people weren't always trying to make it a partisan thing rather than them just being another example of click-baity sensationalism.
    Trump went after CNN specifically, so his fanbase ate it up without question. CNN became a meme with Trump fans for all the wrong reasons. It isn't because they are clickbait sensationalist shit, its cause CNN is, in their eyes, "part of the libural fake media" to condense it into one name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    News/reporting/journalism should have nothing to do with profit. There also needs to be a clearer separation between news and opinion pieces.

People will watch FOX or MSNBC all day and just take everything said by everyone as reported facts. All the news and opinion is just thrown together.
    The article does have an Editors Note:

Paul Callan is a CNN legal analyst, a former New York homicide prosecutor and current counsel at the New York law firm of Edelman & Edelman PC, focusing on wrongful conviction and civil rights cases. Follow him on Twitter @paulcallan. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own.
    Says everything it should, all else is on the reader. Ratings and views are a very sincere form of democracy to show what is popular. If we better ourselves, media will too.

So CNN is now legit? Even though it is an opinion piece.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Glad to see you agree.
    Funny when I created a thread stating that that 93% of their articles were “negative” about the current administration and Obama’s was only 41% people cited it as “Trump’s fault” instead of CNNs. And not biased journalism as I suggested.
    It seems people are finally seeing the light.

Cheers
    When someone does 90% negative shit, and 10% positive, it would be bias to cover 50% positive and 50% negative. I am pretty sure this was covered in what ever thread you posted, and you ignored it, but ya know, keep being you guy, keep being you.

Happy Halloween!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    When someone does 90% negative shit, and 10% positive, it would be bias to cover 50% positive and 50% negative. I am pretty sure this was covered in what ever thread you posted, and you ignored it, but ya know, keep being you guy, keep being you.

Happy Halloween!
    The majority of references to Charlie Manson, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and the Kardashians are negative too. That probably is biased, but it is a rather reasonable bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So the reality you live in is the opposite of reality?
    Bizarroworld. Easier to call it that than worry about arguing with a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Someone doing more negative shit is going to have more negative shit written about them. How fucking hard is that for you to understand?
    Yes, that is exactly what the liberals were claiming in that thread. Thanks for reminding us!

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The majority of references to Charlie Manson, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and the Kardashians are negative too. That probably is biased, but it is a rather reasonable bias.
    I blame “people” for Kardashians... they have been a reliable source of eye candy. People just need to turn off the sound...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So CNN is now legit? Even though it is an opinion piece.
    It is the go to news source for a lot of people. Some people will believe anything they read. Especially the propaganda pieces.

Ever back to topic since I seem to be one of the few trying.
    Another video from the author. Sure to please MMOC-Politics.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wWWNYMeBVeM

Cheers
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-12-31 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that is exactly what the liberals were claiming in that thread. Thanks for reminding us!

Cheers
    Are you sure they were liberals and you are not just being partisan?

- - - Updated - - -

It is the go to news source for a lot of people. Some people will believe anything they read. Especially the propaganda pieces.

Cheers
    Aren’t all those people, the same as all other people? Not very neutral of you to draw a distinction.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    And... This thread just got Godwined.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account

Cheers
    lol you broke my law as well...

Cheers
    Oh for god's sake, only kids start crying at the sight of Hitler's name.

The man was a real person in history, who really existed, who really did terrible things, and it's only through this elevation of him to a near-comical, quasi-mythological force that earns a roll-eyes when invoked that we step closer to bringing about more Hitlers. One can't help but wonder at the true motivations of the people who brought about this cultural response toward absurdity, so soon after his reign that people who endured him are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See unlike Fox News the opinions on CNN can very from person to person working there. They are not a hive mind.
    This is what I don't get about the whole thing...

Why the !@#$ are people so insistent that people involved in law enforcement or government *NOT* have political views ?

It seems hypocritical to demand that the people defending and representing our freedom to vote and have opinions, not be allowed to do so themselves.

Cheers
    Because these "liberal", whoever they are, created 50% of that 91% and it's all made up? So you're saying there's a conspiracy against Trump? You can't believe "liberals" are ineffective at everything and yet also believe they could be doing something this long term and well.

You know conspiracy theories are not allowed on this forum.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Another day, another failed 'gotcha' by a Trump supporter. We've got 3 more years of failure, /sigh.
    Naw, let's aim for 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    When someone does 90% negative shit, and 10% positive, it would be bias to cover 50% positive and 50% negative. I am pretty sure this was covered in what ever thread you posted, and you ignored it, but ya know, keep being you guy, keep being you somewhere else.

Happy Halloween!
    Fixed it for you.

Cheers
    And? What exactly is your point here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It's still an article that was approved by CNN's editors somehow.
    So you're saying CNN isn't biased?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.