Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The moment Thalyssra decided to destroy Nightwell even though Valtrois said it could be salvaged and reused for good purpose, I asked myself why did I help this moron. Who does she have more common with, Night Elves who condemned Illidan for wanting to salvage and re-create well of eternity, or Blood Elves, who only destroyed Sunwell because they deemed it corrupted beyond salvage, but when it got revitalized by a Naaru, they welcomed it back.

Not even mentioning these Nightfallen pricks got un-withered thanks to a Night Elf dude and his fruit tree. Good to know their gratitude was short lived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkins View Post
    2. Night elves aren't narcissists
    muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Even if I knew they'd go Horde months ago there is no reason I would not participate in active content.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    1. Nightborne are not Night Elves. Their ideals, practices, and values are incredibly different, and their bodies are completely different. They haven't interacted with each other for other ten thousand years. The only thing they have in common is a skin tone.
    2. Night Elves aren't narcissists, but Nightborne definitely are, as well as Blood Elves.
    3. Everything underlined is exclusively about Night Elves, so... Nothing to discuss there, unless you meant to make a thread about Night Elves and not Nightborne.
    You clearly did not play WC:3.

Considering I made a Nelf mage afterward to roleplay as a Nightborne after doing the quests on my fucking Horde character, yes I still would have giving I would have known.

Still sort of pissed off they are going Horde after the entire story being about balance with nature and arcane (something you know, perfectly in-line with fucking Night Elves after they've let mages back into their society *massive fucking eyeroll*), but hey. Now I guess the two addicted races can go to mana crack dens together, atleast carpooling in Azeroth works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    1. Nightborne are not Night Elves. Their ideals, practices, and values are incredibly different, and their bodies are completely different. They haven't interacted with each other for other ten thousand years. The only thing they have in common is a skin tone.
    2. Night Elves aren't narcissists, but Nightborne definitely are, as well as Blood Elves.
    3. Everything underlined is exclusively about Night Elves, so... Nothing to discuss there, unless you meant to make a thread about Night Elves and not Nightborne.
    Going to stop you right there. Nightbourne -are- Night Elves. They are the original remnants of the Night Elven empire. They have evolved, sure, but so have the 'real' Night Elves, evolving to only use two fundamental types of magic governed by two dictators convinced their magic is gud, k.

And if literally anyone paid attention to the Nightfallen story chain, they'd realize that it was fucking druidism that saved the Nightborne when used in conjunction with unstable arcane magic. I just do not understand the wasted opportunity to shake up Night Elven culture completely (especially after another failed Legion invasion where Tyrande and Malfurion were caught being useless for the third fucking time in a row during these things) just to keep both the mana addicts on the same faction and give Alliance second class (void=black, hah) High Elves.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    You clearly did not play WC:3.
    Exactly. And that's nice and all you have your opinions on what I should do with my posts but I kinda like where this is going. Maybe you could move along Sharkins if you can't keep up with the conversation. Anyways, yeah, it seemed pretty random, except for Malf and Tyrande being COMPLETELY USELESS. I really don't think they respect or understand the gravity of the situation we're in now. Sylvanas is the only person I've seen actually say, "Our stupid wars are just a cycle of hatred while our real enemies are closing in." Pretty ironic how they made the whole BFA a total Game of Thrones siege style cinematic, where the first person sums up the entire thing, then some kid who comes out of the closet does some ex machina shit and suddenly he's the cool one now? I really don't think the Alliance are good anymore at all. Alleria and Locus-Walker are pretty much the only interesting thing to happen besides Velen and Kil'jaeden's "final exchange" with the Alliance. Yeah I'm a Horde snowflake...or I just like logic or something.

Given that the Legion's alliance with Elisande was for the purpose of ferrying Sargeras to Azeroth, I should certainly hope that the Alliance would still be interested in stopping Gul'dan.

Can't understand why people are so "insulted" over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I mostly play Alliance...I do little bits here and there but I haven't gotten a character to exalted yet, but I probably wont even bother with it on a Alliance character unless I'm really bored but I still need to do it on a Horde character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Given that the Legion's alliance with Elisande was for the purpose of ferrying Sargeras to Azeroth, I should certainly hope that the Alliance would still be interested in stopping Gul'dan.
    Well you don't need exalted to accomplish that.

Oh sorry Taran Zhu said it once. "You all waste time fighting...like children!" in MOP

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty bad when the Pai Mei of Pandaland has to walk up with a gushing side wound and tell the Horde AND the Alliance, YOU BOTH....FUCKING......SUCK.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if Tyrande actually put effort into establishing diplomatic ties with Thalyssra when she saw Liadrin doin' that PR hustle, the Nightborne would have had a tougher choice. She was only in it to bloody Elisande's nose; the Nighfallen made a convenient excuse and when she wasn't sticking it sideways to Elisande's loyalists, she was getting snide with Thalyssra's group. Meanwhile, here's Liadrin openly sympathizing, discussing her peoples' own struggles with magic addiction/dependence, and laying out an offer to come crash at her place if they're ever in town.

Funny how that sort of thing comes up when one's considering offers to join a faction.
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-12-30 at 10:42 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well you don't need exalted to accomplish that.
    I was under the incorrect assumption that this topic was being approached from a lore perspective.

From a purely gameplay perspective, what faction they join in the future has no relevance. If the rewards for completing the Suramar campaign are no longer worth the effort, you don't do it. With artifact power becoming useless in BfA, you're either after achievement points or the mount.

It's almost like BfA is shoehorned bullshit that shouldn't happen.

Or, y'know, let's JOIN FORCES instead of fucking reigniting the war for seemingly no reason.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Nope. The emissary caches is how I got the fox mount and I got it on my Alliance toon.

Plus I quite enjoyed the Suramar storyline and finally finishing Gul'dan off for good.

Deleted
    I would definetly purge the Suramar out of the Nightborne a bit more at least

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Maybe if Tyrande actually put effort into establishing diplomatic ties with Thalyssra when she saw Liadrin doin' that PR hustle, the Nightborne would have had a tougher choice. She was only in it to bloody Elisande's nose; the Nighfallen made a convenient excuse and when she wasn't sticking it sideways to Elisande's loyalists, she was getting snide with Thalyssra's group. Meanwhile, here's Liadrin openly sympathizing, discussing her peoples' own struggles with magic addiction/dependence, and laying out an offer to come crash at her place if they're ever in town.

Funny how that sort of thing comes up when one's considering offers to join a faction.
    And this is the crux and the problem with Malfurion and Tyrande being the Night Elven leaders for 10,000 years after being so utterly and completely useless at their jobs. Master druid? He can barely summon a tornado and still gets captured by Xavius. High Priestess? Doesn't even know what her Goddess even looks like, let alone get that Goddess to do literally anything useful. At the very fucking least trolls can SEE the loa.

You just can't write a story where the same two useless piles of shit stay in power for 10,000 years. There should have been 5 different Elven revolutions by now, but the only time that happened was when Furion let mages into Darnassus and Maiev went apeshit. Also the Night Elves maintaining their influence over the Broken Isles after 10,000 years (as well as having knowledge of the pillars of creation) kind of kills their whole isolationist mantra, as well as throws a wrench into literally every other threat Azeroth has faced up until now.

Was the Legion seriously more of a threat than Arthas and Deathwing to the point where we had to save these ungodly powerful titanic weapons for the Legion and only the Legion? Like, I get its a comic book game, but at the very least they could try to make Night Elven lore less shit in efforts to make every other Elf look cool/edgy.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-12-30 at 10:53 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

You could tell by the second half of that questchain where the winds was blowing and those winds was blowing in the hordes favour!

Didnt you see the quest text between Liadrin and First Arcanist Thalyssra? Then you read Tyrandes text where she doesnt hold the nightborne in much regard.

the horde helped the dranei light and although the draenei light from the beginning had told me that they would be an alliance I would have helped them in any way because my mission was to defeat the legion

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    its like saying Horde should have let Alleria and Turaylon and the army of the light die.

if you don't help the nightborne, no Pillars of creation = can't even close the tomb of Sarg.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    While I'm not Alliance myself, I would imagine it's the same deal as with helping the Lightforged now that we know they are going Alliance:

We help them in order for them to help us defeat the Legion. I think that would be reasonable enough to make sure Azeroth doesn't get destroyed.
    Its pretty different, it would only make sense that the Lightforged would be going Alliance, Not only are the Draenei brethren Alliance, but Turalyon who was a High General and Commander of the Alliance forces. Nightborne have closer ties to Night Elves than Blood Elves as well seeing as Suramar City was Tyrande's birth home, meaning she probably knows a lot of the Nightborne, however her snobbish attitude lost them for the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    let alone get that Goddess to do literally anything useful.
    Lets just nip that one really fast, while I agree with a lot of your post, this is complete bs. Elune obviously has the power to do whatever she wants, she either chooses to help or not help and let them handle it themselves. Elune literally created the Tears after we had to kill Ysera, she also created a Sanctuary for Eonar when she lost her physical form. The most impressive thing I've seen a loa do is revive someone dead, I've also seen loa get easily manipulated. Elune is by far one of the strongest beings in the game, even if we've never seen her, I'd be willing to argue her ability level would be somewhere around if not higher than Sargeras himself.