Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    untintentional gameplay may be the best argument for a fix, but then again, its not the first time that we see a spec with aoe abilities being part of single target rotations.
    second best argument, is that its too strong, but we only sim 0,0176% higher than fury.

a potential nerf could be nerfing nightstalker buff down from 50 to 45% or whatever seems fit.
    Picking the highest and say:" we are only a little ahead of 2nd best " is ridicolous.

Sims cant compare specs (because if you look at logs you dont see the same ranking). Right now we dont see dominating Assa that much. If they were 5% ahead of windwalkers sin would be crazily op.

Lets wait and see how this works out in raids. Many people didnt invest into sin and lack proper traits in relics or have very low relics and of course low traits. And they lack experience.

Gameplay wise this thing is a joke. I see them FOK increase costs and nerf fok trait and give an overall buff.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-12-31 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

I see them FOK increase costs and nerf fok trait
    fixed that for you
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    all lies these say nothing to re roll to assassination.
    imagine being this much of a brainlet

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I think the main problem is that whenever someone say that the rogue dmg is crap they always get bombarded with "if it was so crap why did method bring 3" and other variations of the same. They are brought as a support. Not as a dps. Soaking shit and cheesing mechanics is why they are brought. Not dmg.
    yeah, but on the other hand, if we did damage on par with warriors, what would be the point of warriors?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    this will get hotfixed/patched out eventually.

When? Honestly who knows could be awhile. Blizzard seem less interested in legion now more than ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't nerf it, it sounds like fun even if they fixed dp. I just don't have the bracers to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah, but on the other hand, if we did damage on par with warriors, what would be the point of warriors?
    none. But when things don't need to be soaked and dmg aint that bad anymore. Then what is the point of rogues ? this go both ways. Thats why they need to balance it out. Give warriors more utility and give rogues more dmg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Is blizz going to fix this bug? we're on par with fury warrior now.. dont wanna spend time getting my sin artifact up to 75 just to see it get nerfed
    No we are not. Fury has much better aoe and we are only keeping up on ST because of a bug and a build which shouldn't work as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post

robot - we loose the poison during cannon phases (can reapply with vanish PK)
    dogs - 100% uptime possible even on 2 targets if you can manage to keep them together
    high command - we loose it when boss swap, we can choose to reapply single target on bosses or envenom->vanish->FoK with 80% chance to apply on each target (50% w/o envenom buff).
    portal keeper - ask our raidlleader to stay down on boss, then we can have 100% uptime, we loose it if on portal duty.
    eonar - close to no uptime.
    bridge boss - we most likely loose it during run phase, unless you get to the other side really fast! otherwise reapply with vanish.
    kin'garoth - we loose it on add phase, can choose to reapply on adds or on boss after phase.
    varimathras - 100% woo!
    coven - will loose it at some point, but also possible to apply it on 2 targets during a good chunk of the encounter.
    aggramar - will loose it during add phase, reapply after phase.
    argus - close to 100% uptime, and even further empowered on the add with nature debuff.
    Robot - If the dps is high enough, you can keep it up
    Dogs - Probably not on mythic as you are forced to swap at 50%.
    Portal Keeper - No chance your raid leader will let you stay down. We can wish though.
    Kin'garoth - You can keep it up, keep an eye on the poison duration and use poisoned knife to keep it up while you're at range
    Coven - Should be fine to keep up 100%, depends on if the tanks feel the need to keep them miles away for no reason. Dunno about mythic though.
    Aggramar - You can keep it up. Your poison doesn't drop when he transitions, so just reapply it, no reason for it to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    none. But when things don't need to be soaked and dmg aint that bad anymore. Then what is the point of rogues ? this go both ways. Thats why they need to balance it out. Give warriors more utility and give rogues more dmg.
    present reality shows that rogues still have a point though. it may not be the point we think we should have, but it is there.

i think it kindof beautifully represents both classes

warriors are the brutal binary damage machines.

and rogues are the crafty versatile sneaky guys that do damage but also do other stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    fixed that for you
    only that the Fok trait is not that good. FoK build only works because of the new tier set bonus...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    only that the Fok trait is not that good. FoK build only works because of the new tier set bonus...
    afaik the spec is viable without t21, but it certaintly makes it better. t20 is more or less useless.

its the high levels of mastery and 7 ranks of PK that triggered the possiblity of this meme spec.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2018-01-01 at 10:01 PM.

The crazy thing about this is that you don't even need crazy poison bomb RNG to get good damage with this FoK build. Sure it helps but looking over top logs PB is only about 6-8% of the rogue's total damage, which is kind of average.

Two questions. What does the PK throw ability have to do with this build? FoK refreshes DP anyway, does it not? And what do the bracers have to do with it? Currently have Mantle/Boots equip and it treats me well, but if I can open up the shoulder slot that'd be great. If the bracers are indeed better for the FoK build.

Quote Originally Posted by Motokid600 View Post
    Two questions. What does the PK throw ability have to do with this build? FoK refreshes DP anyway, does it not? And what do the bracers have to do with it? Currently have Mantle/Boots equip and it treats me well, but if I can open up the shoulder slot that'd be great. If the bracers are indeed better for the FoK build.
    Poison knife automatically applies DP from stealth when used, so the dot gets the NS buff for the entire fight if you are able keep 100% DP uptime on the boss. Bracers increases poison damage when the target is below 30% hp, so it only makes the build stronger. Also, it appears bracers/shoulders are the ideal setup for this build, not bracers/boots.

What are the chances of this being nerfed once Blizzard is back from christmal break?

I praised my luck to finally have 3 MA/MA relics and am not really looking forward to farm 3 PK relics to use a week and then farm MA/MA again...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    What are the chances of this being nerfed once Blizzard is back from christmal break?

I praised my luck to finally have 3 MA/MA relics and am not really looking forward to farm 3 PK relics to use a week and then farm MA/MA again...
    I understand your hessitation.
    the FoK rotation becomes best even at 5th PK trait, if you have bracers. so if you wanna dip your toes before going all in, you could go for that.

I was sub main before i read about this, so i decided to try it out with some "shitty" 910 relics, i later discovered that they were some pretty damn good relics. my dps went through the roof. if it get fixed/nerfed, i think ill go back to sub untill i get decent relics for "normal" assassin.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2018-01-02 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    The new tier bonus buffs the crit chance of DP and adds an energy return on crit.

It has nothing at all to do with the FoK build and mastery scaling with DP and PK. It's 100% because of mastery, Master Alchemist trait, and Poison Knives trait all synergizing extremely well together. Don't forget toxic blade buffing the shit out of all of that damage every 25seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motokid600 View Post
    bracers are better because they increase DP dmg under 30%, more DP damage means more PK damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    The crazy thing about this is that you don't even need crazy poison bomb RNG to get good damage with this FoK build. Sure it helps but looking over top logs PB is only about 6-8% of the rogue's total damage, which is kind of average.
    Well, thats the point of it being average. It should be doing around 8% on average. Any higher, you got lucky, any lower, you were unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

likely they will fix nightstalker snapshotting. The rest of the build is just the scaling that has finally caught up with the spec.

Thanks for clearing that up everyone.