Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Nah, a special snowflake is someone who wants to feel unique and special. Exclusive. Wanting to stand out from others. Has nothing to do with getting things.
    I would add a caveat for WoW wherein said person wants <item> for free. Without the work that would usually go into getting such an exclusive <thing>.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I would add a caveat for WoW wherein said person wants <item> for free. Without the work that would usually go into getting such an exclusive <thing>.
    Which is a fair point, but the WoTLK Scarab Lords are pretty much that.

And I maintain: no one wants the original model. At least, I don't.

I just want Blizzard to fairly give people an ability to grind for or earn a new mount model a decade and more down the line instead of saying "tough luck, buy a time machine."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Mate. No one is talking about the fucking original Black Qiraji Battle Tank.

Scarab Lords, even those that cheesed it and killed all prestige, can keep it. And their title.

This is about a new model, with no relation other than color scheme and skeleton.
    And I already said that the new black one is stupid on the whole. That should never exist as a mount, nor should it be given to anyone for free, or on the same level of rarity as the old one.

The other 4 colors are fine, we got aquamarine version of old one anyway. Another thing that comes to my mind is, are they usable outside of event days?

Oh, so flumkelknochen has no idea what special snowflake is.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-12-31 at 07:00 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

No, that doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Special snowflakes just want to be "special" without any good reason for them to actually be so.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am curious, but how will we unlock the Zandalari Trolls as a Allied Race?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    And I already said that the new black one is stupid on the whole. That should never exist as a mount,
    Trumpwrong.gif.
    nor should it be given to anyone for free, or on the same level of rarity as the old one.
    Who said it would be given to anyone for free? Also, same level of rarity as the old one? How do you reconcile this demeanor you have towards scarcity and prestige with the whole fact that a likely vast majority of Scarab Lords still playing today absolutely cheesed it without any semblance of real difficulty?

Your argument is basically like saying if Blizzard made a new armored Netherdrake mount, it should either not exist or only go to original TBC Gladiators.

Hell, even saying: "The rep Netherdrakes should be removed because they trample on the prestige of the Gladiator Netherdrake" holds more weight because those Netherdrakes are literally the Gladiator ones without armor.

Whereas the new Silithid mounts (including the black one) not only have no armor compared to the original ones, but also have an entirely new model, with entirely new mesh and entirely new textures. That no Scarab Lord ever farmed for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    It's a nice picture. He's just trying to add to the discussion in his own special way. Enjoy the eyegasm of graphical excellence and be thankful he's here to lighten our minds from the walls of text these forums tend to be...
    Well it's actually the Artwork from the Chronicle III book...
    And it was a nice picture...
    For the Horde!

Your argument is basically like saying if Blizzard made a new armored Netherdrake mount, it should either not exist or only go to original TBC Gladiators.
    No, it should not exist, or be as rare as the original version, but not given to anyone for free.

The cheesing stuff is sad though, and a big mistake on blizzards side. But they screw stuff quite often.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

No, it should not exist, or be as rare as the original version, but not given to anyone for free.

The cheesing stuff is sad though, and a big mistake on blizzards side. But they screw stuff quite often.
    I don't even disagree with making the new Black Qiraji War Tank (not Battle Tank) rare. I just want to be able to work towards it without having to buy a time machine.

And yes, nothing could shit on the prestige of Scarab Lords more than the WoTLK Scarab Lords being allowed to keep their cheesed mounts. Not an Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank, or a new Black Qiraji War Tank which differs from the original in multiple ways.

I don't even disagree with making the new Black Qiraji War Tank (not Battle Tank) rare. I just want to be able to work towards it without having to buy a time machine.

And yes, nothing could shit on the prestige of Scarab Lords more than the WoTLK Scarab Lords being allowed to keep their cheesed mounts. Not an Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank, or a new Black Qiraji War Tank which differs from the original in multiple ways.
    The cheesing stuff is probably my biggest pet peeve including selling mounts, kills, titles, etc.

Would be nice if they recreated the experience for Black Qiraji War Tank, 1st gong and then the time limit (What was it, like 10 hours?). But it shouldn't be repeated next CotS.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The cheesing stuff is probably my biggest pet peeve including selling mounts, kills, titles, etc.

Would be nice if they recreated the experience for Black Qiraji War Tank, 1st gong and then the time limit (What was it, like 10 hours?). But it shouldn't be repeated next CotS.
    I'm not sure how they could recreate the exact experience, but they could probably find a way to make it rare, or at least difficult enough that you have to actually work for it.

Which I would like, to be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaanyway, one of my biggest hopes is that we'll get a Harbingers/lords of war for BFA announced at some point, those have become basically one the things I look forward to the most in the Beta era.

My hopes is that Sylvanas, Anduin, either Thrall or Voljin and Jaina get an episode, mainly following the lineup they have from the site, though as we learned from Legion that doesn't really mean much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Aaaaanyway, one of my biggest hopes is that we'll get a Harbingers/lords of war for BFA announced at some point
    I was thinking about this the other day, and yeah I'm defo looking forward to the comics/short sories/youtube mini-series. I'm more excited for them now than ever before, because faction leaders are at the forefront.
    There'll defo be one about the Horde narrated by Sylvanas and about the Alliance narrated by Anduin, just to keep it cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I'm 100% sure both them and dark iron will be the "final" story chapter reward, or from getting exalted with the final chapter faction reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    from the walls of text these forums tend to be...
    what the fuck do you think a forum is for
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-12-31 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Take a wild guess

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Aaaaanyway, one of my biggest hopes is that we'll get a Harbingers/lords of war for BFA announced at some point, those have become basically one the things I look forward to the most in the Beta era.

My hopes is that Sylvanas, Anduin, either Thrall or Voljin and Jaina get an episode, mainly following the lineup they have from the site, though as we learned from Legion that doesn't really mean much.
    I have not heard either way, but I share your love for them. They get me more hyped for the expansion than almost anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I have not heard either way, but I share your love for them. They get me more hyped for the expansion than almost anything else.
    Iirc Legion website had a column for those and the comic stories. Idk if BfA got that.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-12-31 at 09:37 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Fireworks started.

Happy new year everyone!

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    what the fuck do you think a forum is for
    Trolls like you who thrive on inflammatory responses like, "what the fuck do you think a forum is for".