Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

With iteration of Holy/Disc you liked best?

Chakras? Basic Healing Circle spam? Renew blanketing/PW shield spam?

Holy Words are cool, but personally, I dislike conflict of using them immediately for efficiency/saving them for an emergency.

I remember Chakras fondly, especially red one for leveling in MoP. What was wrong with them, so they had to be removed?

MoP Holy with yellow chakra + renew amp glyph + cascade/BH + original hw: serenity is easily my favourite iteration. The strongest point was its flexibility and and mana-to-healing conversion ratio which made it competitive even during the peak of world of bubblecraft and smart heals.

MoP Disc is my favourite disc iterations simply because atonement felt "right" that way. The smart heal component itself wasn't too powerful but when combined with Divine Aegis, original Spirit Shell, Weakened Souls based PW: S and Divine star made disc into a bubble monster that everyone despised.
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-12-25 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Holy Words are cool, but personally, I dislike conflict of using them immediately for efficiency/saving them for an emergency.
    i.e. every button in every spell book in this game

ignoring all balance considerations, holy needs actual talents to spice up the solid core concept

wotlk disc

mop holy wasn’t bad but I prefer disc overall

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Chakras? Basic Healing Circle spam? Renew blanketing/PW shield spam?

I remember Chakras fondly, especially red one for leveling in MoP. What was wrong with them, so they had to be removed?
    too difficult to pick the correct one for new players apparently. all auras were removed (warrior stances, priest inner fire/will, paladin auras, dk auras). less choices = more fun

Wotlk holy. Legion disc

Deleted
    Late WoD holy with leech trinket and t-set from citadel and bind heal glyph (no renew) or Wrath holy.
    TBC or Legion disc

I like both, current Disc needs some tweaks but the idea of Atonement+DPS=healing is awesome. It's niche playstyle but it's what WoW needs more than ever.

Specs like BrM, Feral, Disc, Outlaw, Survival.

Latter two need huge reworks but they have to be in game.

Unpopular probably but I loved Cata disc; healed a lot of our first heroic kills as disc offspec since we were short on healers. I loved being able to use Spirit Shell at appropriate moments and I liked that I could just DPS and heal rather than maintaining a buff on people in order to do so. Oh and the old Archangel/Evangalism was fun to me. PW:S with no CD but weakened soul felt so much better than current CD on shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    Unpopular probably but I loved Cata disc; healed a lot of our first heroic kills as disc offspec since we were short on healers. I loved being able to use Spirit Shell at appropriate moments and I liked that I could just DPS and heal rather than maintaining a buff on people in order to do so. Oh and the old Archangel/Evangalism was fun to me. PW:S with no CD but weakened soul felt so much better than current CD on shield.
    Spirit Shell didn't exist in Cata. Try again

I like the legion holy. probably the first time we are viable in (casual) pvp. the pom build is almost absurd. just bring back cascade.

I'm in love with Legion Holy. I hated the Chakras, so it's surprising to hear that people miss them so much. I miss MoP Disc.

I would say MoP holy. I loved abusing the "bugged" renew glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Spirit Shell didn't exist in Cata. Try again
    Sorry, got it mixed up with Mists. But regardless, I loved the rest of Cata.

Deleted
    I like current iteration of holy (minus t21 and velen's). As for disc, I think that maintaining short buffs is cancer, and disc this expo is embodiment of that. I liked cata disc, where it was more of a mix of preemptive shielding and reactive healing. I think atonement should of remained something you do in off time or 5 mans, as opposed to being the main focus.

Most priests I talk to say they really enjoyed the Mists Atonement healing.

Chakras were negative because with Fortitutde and Inner Fire, it was just seen as a hassle.
    Last edited by Razion; 2018-01-01 at 03:13 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Most priests I talk to say they really enjoyed the Mists Atonement healing.
    It's pretty telling to me that everyone misses Mists atonement and not WoD which was the exact same thing except random and balanced :P

WoD Atonement was nerfed to the point of uselessness.

I think my favorite Discipline was extremely late Cata discipline, after more spells had been added to Atonement and you had the option to either use an Atonement spec or a GHeal spec. Feels like that was the last time Discipline had a good Atonement mechanic and strong direct heals, but the shields weren't yet completely overpowered like in MOP and especially WOD.

Definitely MoP Disc.

Legion Holy aint bad.

MoP holy 25man playstyle, Circle and prayer spam
    MoP disc, cuz it was "balanced" LUL

I didnt play much holy pre-legion, but it seems like the best iteration, though its a bit repetitive.

Disc WoTLK was the best, people only talk about the worst part which was PWS spamming the raid to avoid infest on the Lich King encounter and while the rest of the expansion wasnt some penultimate high it was never remotely close to bad, but this is also a time when external cooldowns were extremely limited for healers and Disc had 2 strong ones.

I think there is some middle ground between WoTLK and Legion Disc that would be great.