Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bring it on
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Get a grip, people. she wasnt seriously calling for a male genocide. learn to understand hyperbole, satire, irony, and sarcasm.
    I'll reiterate my point:

Author Angela Nagle in a talk made an interesting point about the 'Kill all men' schtick, mainly that it in so many ways isn't that different from the edgy humour that many might call "Alt-Right" dog whistles. Sure sure, you could say that its not a geniune belief, but so too could the person saying we need "Gas the Kikes". There is thus the area of the dog whistle or "I might be joking or I might not be joking". In short the person presenting these things may believe what they say, or they may not. Like say Baked Alaska posting the "14 words" on his twitter, does he mean it? Or does he not? When a Feminist says "Kill all White Men" and gets called out on it, its just a "Joke among PoC" or something, but is it? The issue is ultimately those doing ironic humor and those who sincerely mean what they are saying become mixed togeather and you cannot for sure know if anyone is sincere in what they say.

I mean you could say "Definitely sounds like she was being serious, who will protect men from all this female violence???" but Baked Alaska could also pull the "Its just a meme guys!" about him posting the fourteen words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Get a grip, people. she wasnt seriously calling for a male genocide. learn to understand hyperbole, irony, and sarcasm.
    You can't have it both ways. Either all of it is okay, or none of it is. If you accept 'kill all men' as a valid joke that shouldn't destroy your social standing, then you have to accept the same shit from the alt-right with their kill all the Jews/commies/libtards shtick. Well, you don't have to if you're okay with being a massive fucking hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Yea, it is one of the "edgy" jokes within radical feminist circles. I just hope people that complain about "PC culture" and defend those that post edgy shit about jews/black people/women etc don't flip out over this kind of edge.
    I really don’t think the people who complain about pc culture defend anyone’s right to say kill all women or kill all black people or kill all Muslims etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I wouldn't really flip out about it because nobody should care about the whinging of some walking future catfood.

But what you say also runs in reverse. Complaining about edgy humour and the problem of dog whistling and problematic implications isn't a good look when ones own community does it as well.
    I agree, this kind of edge has no place on the side that fights for not being dicks to people, thankfully though, the radical elements of feminism have slowly been fading as the popularity of the movement went down over the decade.

But, we did elect a president that would fight "PC culture", so while we are on that train bring on the edge from all sides I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    I don't know honestly. If we replaced "men" with "jews", how would it be recieved? Would it be considered hate speech?
    Let’s replace Jews with people who drive Chevy would hat be hate speech? And should General Motors round up his troops?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

By the sound of it her son is gonna turn into fucking Norman Bates!

"Sorry my mother says liking woman sexually is wrong so iam gonna wear her clothes and murder every girl i see!"

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I really don’t think the people who complain about pc culture defend anyone’s right to say kill all women or kill all black people or kill all Muslims etc.
    "Jews belong in an oven" kind of jokes are fairly common when you dig through the shit of the internet, but I guess that isn't specifically saying kill them so you are technically right....

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    I don't know honestly. If we replaced "men" with "jews", how would it be recieved? Would it be considered hate speech?
    In the US there is no such thing as hate speech. I can say kill all the whites/blacks/Jews/women/men all day long and it's not a crime unless I am presenting a clear and imminent threat.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    No but I approve of people being upset about this.
    Don't be one of those "This is okay becaus it triggers the other side" types. Makes you the same as the Trumpsters that support Donald because he "pisses off libtards"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, this kind of edge has no place on the side that fights for not being dicks to people, thankfully though, the radical elements of feminism have slowly been fading as the popularity of the movement went down over the decade.

But, we did elect a president that would fight "PC culture", so while we are on that train bring on the edge from all sides I guess.
    I would agree with your last point, but the "Kill all Men" meme predates Trump for a long time. That has been a staple of Feminist and Social Justice culture for awhile online.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You can't have it both ways. Either all of it is okay, or none of it is. If you accept 'kill all men' as a valid joke that shouldn't destroy your social standing, then you have to accept the same shit from the alt-right with their kill all the Jews/commies/libtards shtick. Well, you don't have to if you're okay with being a massive fucking hypocrite.
    You don’t need to have it both ways. Just put it in context. What military, army or group are going to come round up men?

Where and when in history has that ever even come close to being a practice ever? I don’t mean tribes or clans that killed all the rival men either.

What does she teach her son? "You are a man so you should probably just kill yourself to solve the male patriarchy" ??? I mean.. she calls him her "spawn".. she has some serious issues.

I would agree with your last point, but the "Kill all Men" meme predates Trump for a long time. That has been a staple of Feminist and Social Justice culture for awhile online.
    That really doesn't matter tbh, its edge so bring it on. Old ass edge such as "Hitler did nothing wrong" kind of things have started to make a comeback so the time an edge was created has no bearing on "bring on the edge".

I'm pretty much ready for people to get over edginess cause its such a boring humor style.

I'll reiterate my point:
    the difference is the nazis actually did gas millions of jews. you cant say "gas the kikes" without referring to a real historical event and the people who carried it out. comparing that kind of rhetoric with "kill all men" is ridiculous. maybe its an indelicate way of making her point, but, well, it got your attention, didnt it?

7+ Year Old Account
    That really doesn't matter tbh, its edge so bring it on. Old ass edge such as "Hitler did nothing wrong" kind of things have started to make a comeback so the time an edge was created has no baring on "bring on the edge".
    Yes, make a comeback. Which is allegedly problematic and a sign of rising Fascism..... or it is just a meme. Like "kill all men" who knows if it is sincere or not.

- - - Updated - - -

the difference is the nazis actually did gas millions of jews. you cant say "gas the kikes" without referring to a real historical event and the people who carried it out. comparing that kind of rhetoric with "kill all men" is ridiculous. maybe its an indelicate way of making her point, but, well, it got your attention, didnt it?
    Hand waving of "Its okay when my side does it" really isn't a good look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Don't be one of those "This is okay becaus it triggers the other side" types. Makes you the same as the Trumpsters that support Donald because he "pisses off libtards"
    No I didn’t vote for the woman who said this shit for anything and I didn’t vote for a white supremacist Neo nazi anti woman Trump either.

I’m ok with people being upset and offended by words especially the Alt-Right anti PC white supremacist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a grip, people. she wasnt seriously calling for a male genocide. learn to understand hyperbole, satire, irony, and sarcasm.
    You never know with some of them.....

Yes, make a comeback. Which is allegedly problematic and a sign of rising Fascism..... or it is just a meme. Like "kill all men" who knows if it is sincere or not.
    You really don't, and it is why I'm of the opinion of if you say that shit I'm going to think you mean it since it does associate you with those that REALLY believe it, especially if you repeat it enough. So in the case of the woman in the OP and edgy nazi "trolls", gratz, they sound like actual terrible humans, go you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it is one of the "edgy" jokes within radical feminist circles. I just hope people that complain about "PC culture" and defend those that post edgy shit about jews/black people/women etc don't flip out over this kind of edge.
    I won't. I'll join her. hue hue hue