Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because any race with "neutral" factor to it will be as flaworless and irrelevant as pandaren are.
    This flavourlessness and irrelevance is due to bad writing on Blizzard's part, as opposed to the neutrality.

In fairness Pandaren did have good 'flavour', but have done very little since MoP.

Of course I would have. That was a large chunk of early Legion.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because you need it for Balance of Power

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    This flavourlessness and irrelevance is due to bad writing on Blizzard's part, as opposed to the neutrality.

In fairness Pandaren did have good 'flavour', but have done very little since MoP.
    And what was this flavour ? A chinese stereotype ?

And what was this flavour ? A chinese stereotype ?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Pandaren have a good read
    Bitch Pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    So....chinese stereotype that is almost offensive ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget the Lightforged, I literally gave Alleria the biggest plate of void she could ever imagine, I helped her finish her training while she called me champion and thanked me, it's like the Alliance helping Sylvanas get a way for her people to procreate.

I effectively helped create void elves as she will be one of their sheppards in BFA. And she still wanting to kill me along with the lightforged who I literally helped save is pretty annoying. But overall I would have still done this I just listed because I like to experience the story overall. (And the rewards)

Tldr: 1: You were acting in a neutral capacity for most of the expansion. 2: The player character acts as pair of eyes to experience the story, atleast I felt that way as a mainly Horde player this expansion, especially on Argus. Ultimately what I did and who I helped didn't matter it's like I didn't exist this expansion, only my eyes as a spectator did.

The zone and the city was too cool to not be doing really. I do got both alliance and Horde characters, but I do feel the whole questline from 7.1(inssurection) showed too much "oh the friendly Blood Elves" and that Tyrande is a bit out of character. She is sceptical and at times ruthless, but were did her compassion suddenly go? Easy to see now why it is like that because of the two new Allied Elves thing.

Done the whole thing 5 times and one character done it halfway, all 6 exalted. The only one wich is not exalted and where Thalryssa is still starving is on my Night Elf Druid, coincidentally

Personally loved the questline and do enjoy them over and over. Best thing about Legion. That marvelous Suramar City. I did stop doing emissaries and shit on the Alliance chars because Thalryssa is a backstabbing hoe, but my three Blood Elves loves her. One of them is going to be my main as Nightborne in BfA, just not sure wich class. And going to get that heritage armor. Nightborne overall looks awesome, looking forward to it.

So....chinese stereotype that is almost offensive ?
    If you're hypersensitive, maybe.

Yes.

I'm not going to ignore a good storyline just because the protagonist will make a choice that goes against my faction's interests in the future.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Was a great zone with great story. And a ton of AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    1. Nightborne are not Night Elves. Their ideals, practices, and values are incredibly different, and their bodies are completely different. They haven't interacted with each other for other ten thousand years. The only thing they have in common is a skin tone.
    2. Night Elves aren't narcissists, but Nightborne definitely are, as well as Blood Elves.
    3. Everything underlined is exclusively about Night Elves, so... Nothing to discuss there, unless you meant to make a thread about Night Elves and not Nightborne.
    Basically same situation as with high elves and blood elves.

And AP yeah. The glorious AP. Ding 110, equip all unsullied gear, do both the Suramar and Argus questline for AP and Gear=Top player

20/20 hindsight i guess...

despite it all I would have helped them, sitting around and doing nothing would be like helping the legion. The truly dissapointing part is that the nightfallen not only join the horde but help in the attack of teldrassil. You would think they would at least not attack one of the main factions that assisted in the liberation of suramar and from whom they directly descended from.

Despite everything the night elves played an important role in saving the nightfallen, from stealing supplies to recruiting of dissenters for the war effort, and more importantly SAVE REFUGEES RUNNING AWAY FROM THE HIGHBORNE!

It's not the night elves who needed to prove themselves loyal and changed. It's the nightfallen who were supposed to make amends for their past mistakes because they keep allying with beings like queen azshara and the legion and are basically drug addicts.

Tyrande was right once again to not trust the highborne, old habits die hard.
    Last edited by High Priestess Tyrande; 2017-12-31 at 09:02 PM.

We knew they were going to be horde since day 1.

But still I'm alliance and I would have done que questline because Suramar is one of the best zone in game visual-, questing-, lore-wise

Homophobia is so gay.

Don't really see the difference. 99% of all reps in game have been irrelevant to you after the expansion. In this case yeah, the Nightborne join the horde...but that doesn't change the fact that you still needed them in Legion.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am horde and if i knew they are going to Horde an i Would have not done the quests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Are you implying that entering Suramar as an outlander is less dangerous than as Thalyssra? Both would be killed on sight. We sneaked past the guards and got the Masquarade spell from Silgryn, Thalyssra could achieve the same. Nothing we've done couldnt be done by her, she just had to get some help at the begining cause she was withering.
    ...except she didn't do those things "by herself." She and her buddies had YOU, the player character, to go and do those things for her. Repeatedly. Feeding them ancient mana along the way. YOU were the character that called in the withered to bolster their forces, YOU were the character that fueled the arcan'dor to save them all from extinction down the line... ONE single player character.

I doubt that many people were fighting besides Turalyon or ventured into void with Alleria. I was the one fighting the void lord guy and getting his hearth for her so that she can improve her resistance to the void.
    It's fairly evident that a LOT of people from azeroth are participating in the takedown of the legion on Argus. Like I said, the Kirin Tor are there, the demon hunters are there, friggin' Magni's there. The "Army of the Light" is not "the lightforged Draenei," they're simply a part of it. You weren't EXCLUSIVELY helping "the lightforged Draenei," you were helping "the army of the light" which happened to include "the lightforged."

Now she joined the Alliance - same question as the OP applies here.
    Oh so a historically alliance individual joined the alliance? Big shocker. And, as I keep enumerating upon, it's not the same.

Just because she didnt spam your class name doesnt mean you didnt act as a representative of one. You get the mission to check her out from Khadgar,
    So from the neutral Kirin Tor? Seems the nightfallen turned their back on that notion too

not from Sylvanas or Anduinn.
    That doesn't mean that the player character isn't a representative of the alliance or horde... the player character is a COMMANDER of their respective faction... Remember when we were COMMANDERS of our own forces on draenor?

And as I mentioned above, there are many examples where we (horde players) helped the ones who now join the Alliance - that isnt a problem for you?
    Actually there aren't, because the Suramar storyline is very unique.

Go ahead and name that months-long quest chain you did as a horde character acting as the sole benefactor of the dark iron dwarves, running numerous solo missions to free them from the shackles of ragnaros and retake their city, collecting any number of colorful characters along the way whom you also aid directly.

Oh wait that quest chain doesn't exist. Nor does such a quest chain exist for void elves, the highmountain tauren, the lightforged, or the zandalari (assuming we're ignoring the vanilla rep grind, which blizzard seems to be.)

You're creating a false parallel.

You seem to be forgetting our work with Anduinn in Krasarang Forest, or helping out Turalyon or Alleria, or the lightforged draenei (completing the tests of Archimonde).
    In those latter examples you were working as a member of the army of the light, not as a member of the lightforged.

There is too much bias in this converstaion really. Saying that Nightborne joining the Horde is a problem while ignoring Lightforged joining the Alliance is being ignorant. The fact is that Tyrande rejected Thallysra - you know, one of your leaders.
    No, it's not ignorant, because they're completely different scenarios.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The ingame feeling was not far from the truth for me. I expected them to be a Night Elf lore development at first, then during the 7.1 questline the Nightborne started being all "oh we have so much in common with Blood Elves! oh we really want to visit Silvermoon at some point!".

For me, that was a bad sign of things spilling over to the Horde side of things and I stopped being interested. No surprise they ended up as a Horde race.
    Who wouldn't want to check out Silvermoon. It's literally the most beautiful city, in the most inconvenient place. The Exodar is basically a rock with 3 big tunnels and an AH. LOL at the lightforged comments I did forget about that. I think Velen was probably the only necessary piece along with the guy who can actually drive the fucking Vindicaar LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Who wouldn't want to check out Silvermoon. It's literally the most beautiful city, in the most inconvenient place.
    I was never impressed with Silvermoon. I can think of a number of cities I like the style and look of more. Thunder Bluff, Gilneas, Ironforge, Half Hill, Suramar. Even Orgrimmar and Stormwind.