Poll: you would help the draenei LF if you knew that they would be an alliance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Now make a thread called 'Horde, if you knew that a renegade group of Sin'dorei were going to Alliance...'
    He already did which is why I posted what I did earlier in this thread.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Did anyone honestly cared about lightforged ? They don't have a single interesting character and all the attention was stolen by generic human paladin and generic female elven archer.
    Uhh what? What about that super fucking harass chick who flies from the sky and one shots that demon and has a fucking amazing voice actor
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sure would. We'd probably lose if not for them helping us out on Argus anyway. Big picture and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Uhh what? What about that super fucking harass chick who flies from the sky and one shots that demon and has a fucking amazing voice actor
    I think i just walked to quest marker and never saw her since she never appears again. And like everyone one shots demons so its not real accomplishment.

My oldest toon is an Orc warrior, I still play him and raid with him casually.

I did do Argus, and I helped the Draenei. Considering what my orc and many others did to the Draenei on Draenor, I felt he owed it to them to help. After all, a lot of Orcs took part in their genocide. And while an orc might not be able to wash away the innocent blood spilled, he can at least try to make amends by working with the Army of the Light to end the Legion.

Didn't see any Horde on Argus, only a couple that hang around on the Blingdicar 2.0.

Rest was only leaders and affiliate members of the Alliance.

It's true what they said, Horde helped Suramar, and the Alliance saved the world. Or did they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Didn't see any Horde on Argus, only a couple that hang around on the Blingdicar 2.0.

Rest was only leaders and affiliate members of the Alliance.

It's true what they said, Horde helped Suramar, and the Alliance saved the world. Or did they?
    It wasn't alliance, it was velen on his personal quest. If anything alliance pretty much ignored its own member.

Did anyone honestly cared about lightforged ? They don't have a single interesting character and all the attention was stolen by generic human paladin and generic female elven archer.
    Generic? Did you play warcraft one or two because those characters have been around longer than these new characters

It wasn't alliance, it was velen on his personal quest. If anything alliance pretty much ignored its own member.
    Turalyon, Alleria(Alliance affiliated, or Horde-haters if you want) Grand Artificer Romuul(Draenei, who made the ship) and Velen, who is the leader of the Draenei. You can ignore the two lovers, still Alliance-based.

Doesn't matter if the rest "ignore" it. The Alliance is not only humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Space goats belong to horde with other animals.
    i hear they make piggy noises when you slaughter them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Generic? Did you play warcraft one or two because those characters have been around longer than these new characters
    And how does the fact that they appeared in game 20 years ago and had like 3 lines of dialogue make them any less generic ?

As if Sylvanas isn't generic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft that nightfallen hussie I scraped from the floor in the forest... Should have Chaos Bolted her right there, traitorous scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Someone has to carry the weak alliance!
    Looks like someone needs to read some warcraft books.

After the war, the ungrateful Horde were barely a threat to the Nightelves alone.

The fact that expansion-after-expansion the Horde got unexplainably boosted to keep things interesting, says a lot.

The freakin Zandalari alone are almost as strong as the rest of the Horde combined. Think about that.

The Alliance accepts new races because they share some culture and ethics, while the Horde races put up with each other in order to survive.

Weak Alliance? Strong Horde? Quite the opposite, lorewise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    As if Sylvanas isn't generic...
    Watch your mouth when talking about Top Waifu, Lady EmoWeeb!

Sure, I'd still help them out.

It's for the good of Azeroth and all other worlds that we work together with the Army of Light to defeat the Legion, of course I'm going to lend a hand.

Doesn't mean I like them too much though.

I've never liked Odyn, still went around to be his supposed champion. I don't like the Light, especially after Xe'ra's stunt with Illidan, and in turn I don't care for the Army of Light either.

But frankly, most of Legion isn't an Alliance or Horde effort as far as I'm concerned. It's an effort of the class halls and the select champions of Azeroth.

I didn't help the Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei, or Alleria as a Horde soldier. I helped all of those as a defender of Azeroth and a commander of Skyhold.
    The only time I really think any of the above dealt with the Alliance or Horde, was when Tyrande and Liadrin showed up to aid the Nightborne, or technically Nightfallen, and from the interaction back then I can see why they'd lean towards the Horde.

So I don't see how people feel overly betrayed or anything because of which faction they choose to join because I didn't see them interact with the armies and/or leaders of the Horde or Alliance. I saw them interact with champions who banded together to save Azeroth, who put aside their Alliance and Horde roots and focused on the threat of the Legion.

I imagine it'll be the same way in Battle. Sure we'll join in to fight the war for our factions but at the same time we, the champions, will be smart enough to see that Azeroth is in dire need of our aid and thusly we listen to Magni and help him try to save the world by carrying the Heart of Azeroth with us.

So really, when the Lightforged go off to fight the Horde, that's fine. But then maybe they'll see you standing there, the champion they once fought beside, and while it is unfortunate, you're enemies now.

Just because a few champions of the Horde helped them for a bit doesn't mean they need to have any loyalty to the Horde.
    If we were the leaders of the Horde, that would be a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much copy-pasting from the other thread.

Forget the Lightforged, I literally gave Alleria the biggest plate of void she could ever imagine, I helped her finish her training while she called me champion and thanked me, it's like the Alliance helping Sylvanas get a way for her people to procreate. I also liked the part in which she basically looked down on you ( The Horde) with Vareesa on the vindicar like you don't exist, while you literally helped her get voided up 5 minutes before.

I effectively helped create void elves as she will be one of their sheppards in BFA. And she still wanting to kill me along with the lightforged who I literally helped save is pretty annoying. But overall I would have still done this I just listed because I like to experience the story overall. (And the rewards)

Tldr: 1: You were acting in a neutral capacity for most of the expansion. 2: The player character acts as pair of eyes to experience the story, atleast I felt that way as a mainly Horde player this expansion, especially on Argus. Ultimately what I did and who I helped didn't matter it's like I didn't exist this expansion, only my eyes as a spectator did.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2018-01-01 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I did the quests to stop Sargeras. I never cared about the Lightforged Draenei. Their appearance details should have been customisation options for the existing Draenei race, not an Allied Race.
    The same could easily be said for the other 5 allied races. They don't really give us anything different beyond some racials that at least for now look to be a bit out of sync with the strength of other racials.

- - - Updated - - -

It is some dog shit writing and story telling to have 2 out of 4 factions that we all just did so much to help turn on us after the fact.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I think i just walked to quest marker and never saw her since she never appears again. And like everyone one shots demons so its not real accomplishment.
    she appears in other areas, world quests and is directing you during the whole next questing hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Ey btw, make a "Alliance players, would you do the Highmountain questline if you knew they were going Horde" thread please.

Lightforged Draenei had basically no meaningful/fleshed-out story. They were almost as much of a blank slate/tabula rasa as Void Elves.

I don't think they can really be compared to the Nightborne whose story, as well as that of Suramar in general, was one of the very few instances of good writing from Blizzard since WOTLK.

I can't imagine anyone got 'invested' in Lightforged Draenei from what little we saw of them (mostly a few 'notable' NPCs and dailies/etc), whereas it was very easy to get invested in the Nightborne, whose storyline/questline was arguably the longest in the game thus far.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2018-01-01 at 11:13 AM.