Poll: Do you agree that they should also remain accessible?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    If you can't get Mage Tower baseline skin, you are lazy. That's it.

I did Blood, Vengeance, BrM, Feral, Destruction and Outlaw on my alts I barely know how to play.

They are E-A-S-Y. Get +935 gear, 72 traits and at most it will take you 10 attempts for the harder ones like BrM and Outlaw.
    This is all the more reason why they shouldn't be going away. Just like the legendary questlines in MoP/WoD, some of them are more of a time sink than a test of skill at this point. Taking something like that away at the end of an expansion feels like a cynical way to keep people playing at worst and a participation reward at best.

Given how interesting and unique many of the mage tower appearances are, I think it's really dumb for them to be going away completely. They're perfect rewards to be carried forward and added to other challenging content as an additional incentive next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    But there will be keystone dungeons in BfA, no?

Don't know why they are removing that one. Just make it a 15+ reward for BfA.
    I think it's better for the game to not have the same rewards for different dungeons, etc. Imagine if all end expansion bosses dropped the same mythic mount, so that you could always have a chance to farm it at 100% drop rate. Or raider glory with same mount reward, or even WoD CMs with MoP CM gear reward. It is much better for the game to offer new rewards. I for one, am excited to get the new rewards for +15. I haven't played back when scarab lord, atiesh, plague proto drake and black proto drake were available. I haven't gotten the gladiator mounts or even the CM gold gear from pandaria sadly ,I only got the phoenixes, but so what? Some things need to go away and feel prestigious.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    They don't remove content, just rewards. They want prestige for people who have played difficult content during the time it was current - although most of the challenges they set aren't that hard for active players.
    If they wanted prestige then they would have given a title or something to the people who got it on the first few activations. Before people massively out geared it. By now, it's just become another appearance that doesn't mean anything.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    They have plenty of time to refill before bfa and earn it now. It’s not hard at all.
    This.

Smells like some people want to absolutely outgear content which is unique and currently takes some effort (albeit nowhere near when it first launched).

We already have enough rewards handed out. Only things at this point that are locked for most players are M mounts but there are only two in Legion. M tier sets will be easily farmable in BfA, mounts drop in LFR, more than half of Artifact appearances are easily obtainable.

Come on. Same crowd that ''can't wait for Classic''.

Rather than bitching about it, why not spend the 8+ months before BfA launches on trying to obtain them all...?

Don't be like the losers that skipped out on Challenge Modes and then spent 4 years whining about the removal of those sets.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Rather than bitching about it, why not spend the 8+ months before BfA launches on trying to obtain them all...?
    B-but how will we be able to bitch about lack of content at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    If they wanted prestige then they would have given a title or something to the people who got it on the first few activations. Before people massively out geared it. By now, it's just become another appearance that doesn't mean anything.
    Then people shouldn't have a problem obtaining it. Although if it "doesn't mean anything", why are people so up in arms over them?

We're a long way away from BfA, item levels will only be going up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    B-but how will we be able to bitch about lack of content at the same time?
    I know!! The struggle is real.

I distinctly recall people whom were complaining loud-as-fuck about the 14 month "drought" in MoP, how they had "nothing to do!!" in-game. Then, when WoD rolled out, they were extremely riled up over the fact that they "missed out on the MoP challenge mode sets and mounts and title".

Just do them now. They're far easier than they were and you still have probably 9 months to do so. What, you were just waiting until level 120 to zerg it down?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know!! The struggle is real.

I distinctly recall people whom were complaining loud-as-fuck about the 14 month "drought" in MoP, how they had "nothing to do!!" in-game. Then, when WoD rolled out, they were extremely riled up over the fact that they "missed out on the MoP challenge mode sets and mounts and title".
    I hear pretty often from whiners that we will be "stuck in Argus for 14 months". I think they just can't figure out how get back from Vindicaar to Dalaran. Mage Tower may be little tough in that case. ;P

Then people shouldn't have a problem obtaining it. Although if it "doesn't mean anything", why are people so up in arms over them?

We're a long way away from BfA, item levels will only be going up.
    they dont mean anything. But they still look cool.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    even after they add Legion Timewalking there still won't be any mythic+ for Legion
    It should be. They were talking at blizzcon that they would add mythic+ to timewalking (to all expansions).

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    And you couldn't have gained them from doing BfA Mythic+ why?

It's literally just a tint. It's not an unique appearance but just a tint. I can understand Mage Tower, but this?
    That's an interesting idea I hadn't considered, but I assume this is meant to be Legion's equivalent of the challenge mode dungeons, and BfA will have its own special Mythic+ rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    This is all the more reason why they shouldn't be going away. Just like the legendary questlines in MoP/WoD, some of them are more of a time sink than a test of skill at this point. Taking something like that away at the end of an expansion feels like a cynical way to keep people playing at worst and a participation reward at best.

Given how interesting and unique many of the mage tower appearances are, I think it's really dumb for them to be going away completely. They're perfect rewards to be carried forward and added to other challenging content as an additional incentive next expansion.
    If you spent just a fraction of your time fighting a precedent set in this game for over five years now actually working on getting the tower achievements, you'd probably have all 36 by now.

Because Blizzard likes to remove content like both legendary Questlines from WoD and MoP.

Didn't they have enough time to make an acceptable storyline for the Broken Shore in 7.2 because they were spending too much time on the magetower challenges and the class mounts?

At least there is no reason to ever go back this horrible zone after BfA launches.

Deleted
    If you arent able to complete mage tower or a +15 with current gear you have to be fucking retarded

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They said that timewalking idea will be expanded. It's pretty safe to tell that M+ and World Quest for this events will happen at some point.
    when they say expanded I am pretty sure they are talking about adding dungeons, whether it be from classic or wod or eventually legion, or adding timewalking raids - we already have Black Temple, we are getting Ulduar soon and will probably get one from each expansion eventually. world quests aren't needed, we already have the weekly quest - why would we need additional world quests? I can say almost certainly that M+ timewalking dungeons will NEVER EVER be a thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    It should be. They were talking at blizzcon that they would add mythic+ to timewalking (to all expansions).
    give me a link then where they said it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    It all just seems like it's an arbitrary sacrifice to nostalgia

EDIT: Enforced only by the fact that none of these items hold any prestige, just about anyone can buy WoW tokens and then buy a carry for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd bet this guy sells carries for gold.
    you talking about me or op?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they want completionists to buy and sub at least a little during Legion to get it, even if they only want to come back after BfA launch.

The vast majority of WoW players can't complete a +15 on time and can't do the mage tower challenges. MMOchampion players consistently lie about their own skill levels and overestimate the ability of the average player.

I personally don't agree with removing any rewards like the skins or challenge set armor/weapons. It makes no sense at all, especially in a time when dungeons and content can scale to your gear level. Blizzard could easily just scale the challenges, keystone dungeons, WoD/MoP challenge modes to current gear/ability pruning levels. Really the only argument in favor of removing them boils down to ppl wanting to be special snowflakes.

If they're afraid of something being too easy due to new abilities or pruned abilities, they can always just add more damage or mob health to compensate.
    Last edited by dd614; 2018-01-01 at 05:19 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    when they say expanded I am pretty sure they are talking about adding dungeons, whether it be from classic or wod or eventually legion, or adding timewalking raids - we already have Black Temple, we are getting Ulduar soon and will probably get one from each expansion eventually. world quests aren't needed, we already have the weekly quest - why would we need additional world quests? I can say almost certainly that M+ timewalking dungeons will NEVER EVER be a thing
    Blizzcon Q&A, around 37 minute. Ion hint that they may bring outdoor content into timewalking.

And seriously dude, "they never will do that" arguments are extremely stupid. They expanded formula already by adding raids, there is no reason to think that they won't expand it even more.