Poll: Do you agree that they should also remain accessible?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The vast majority of WoW players can't complete a +15 on time and can't do the mage tower challenges. MMOchampion players consistently lie about their own skill levels and overestimate the ability of the average player.
    I don't know. I did the mage tower challenge for Holy priest at level 912 or so. I found it hard, I tried 31 Times and I was really happy to get it.

A few weeks ago, I did the disc challenge and I found it super easy... 2 tries at ilevel 942 or so (before antorus opened). I definetely merit the holy one more.

I can't talk about any other challenge, and tbh I do not care that much about it.

ALso, I got my +15 key achievmentlike a week ago, something that I would have acquired a lot earlier, if I were dedicated enough

Just take your time and try. You'll have almost a year of content drought to do the challenges

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    give me a link then where they said it
    You couldn't just google it yourself or what?

http://wowhead.com/news=275490/blizz...ckpack-upright

Q: Mythic Keystone difficulties for old dungeons?
    A: Timewalking has been a good taste of that but we know heroic Timewalking is not that challenging. This could be fun to explore with Timewalking Keystones available during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    The argument is that this content will be to easy @lvl 120. The game has a few things that disappears every expansion - and while it also sucks (I don't have all the Challenge Mode sets I want) - It also makes the items have more prestige.
    This is a spurious argument. The people capable of getting the cool shit don't use old shit, they only use the newest and shiniest things. Nobody uses MoP challenge mode sets anymore because Mythic T21 is out.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

with scaling tech it makes zero sense to remove them, they could always lock them to 950 ilvl cap.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    But there will be keystone dungeons in BfA, no?

Don't know why they are removing that one. Just make it a 15+ reward for BfA.
    I'd rather have a new reward in BFA rather than older skins, unless you can make legion keystones 120 as additional but that'll never happen, even if it did I'd imagine the gear scaling from BFA would still rekt the keystones. Same for mage tower if it was scaled up or us scaled down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    We're getting squished and many spells are being changed, removed, added etc. So they'd have to completely rebalance the tower fights, which takes away from working on BFA stuff.

Personally I think they should just leave them in, but they won't.
    i'm sure they were aware of the number crunch when they made the chromie scenario, so unless they are stupid they will have made some preparations to keep the workload managable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Because they'll be made trivial, so your best option is to gear up and make them trivial before the next expansion.
    But the warlock green fire quest is still doable and pretty much a joke with our high levels etc. why didn't they remove this too?

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    But the warlock green fire quest is still doable and pretty much a joke with our high levels etc. why didn't they remove this too?
    Warlocks have always gotten a special treatment from Blizzard. Just look at their tier sets

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    If you spent just a fraction of your time fighting a precedent set in this game for over five years now actually working on getting the tower achievements, you'd probably have all 36 by now.
    I'm pretty sure I couldn't have gotten many of those appearances in the time it took me to write that post.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    This makes 0 sense.
    Why in the world would they do such a silly thing as to not let us have ALL artifact appearances obtainable somehow post Legion?
    Why should everything always be obtainable for everyone? Elite PvP gear gets unobtainable after the season. CM gear have been unobtainable after the expansion since MoP. It's a good thing, it forces people to push their limits if they actually want something, and it feels really good when you finally unlock it.

Go try it out. The Mage Tower is a joke if you got 930 ilvl and a smidge of skill (Hint: there are a ton of good guides out there that you can follow blindly)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

As someone pushing for all 36, i really don't give a fuck if someone wish to try them later on.

Any honestly, since they aren't making big changes to the classes on BFA they should do what they should've done from the begining, scaling the scenarios to make them challenges.

I was planing to pursue the M15+, but after reading many post of the Addon that basicaly is a new gearscore, i won't bend my knee or beg 36 times to get the tint, unless there is one i really like or its account wide.

And if Mythic + is staying, why not make so that if you complete a M15+ in the future you get the tint?Just like they will do with PvP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Why should everything always be obtainable for everyone?
    Why its a problem for other players to try and get it?

I don't want them to be given left and right,but whats the problem if someone wishes to try one of the challenges in the future because they weren't playing in Legion?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    This is a spurious argument. The people capable of getting the cool shit don't use old shit, they only use the newest and shiniest things. Nobody uses MoP challenge mode sets anymore because Mythic T21 is out.
    Not even remotely true, and they'll become rarer over time to boot.

Especially if the people getting T21 M, never got the CM sets/weapons for various reasons.

@Darktbs

If you can do all the mage tower challenges, you definitely have the ability to do 15s on those characters. Really up to you if you wanna put in the time. The addon is actually even worse than gearscore and the score is based on the M+ leaderboards for each server. On a high pop server you could be doing even 18s and 19s in time and not have them counted when some guy on a low pop could be near the top of his server's leaderboard doing +13 or 14 runs. It is a real joke. Maybe your guildies can run some 15s together. Depending on the week and dungeon, a 15 can easily be done by 925-930 players provided they pay attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Not even remotely true, and they'll become rarer over time to boot.

Especially if the people getting T21 M, never got the CM sets/weapons for various reasons.
    Plenty of ppl who have them use the MoP/WoD challenge transmogs. I dunno what that guy is talking about. I have a guildie who did them on almost all the classes back then and he transmogs to them 90% of the time.

Because they wont be in the game any more. Just like Challenge modes from WOD and MoP.
    Is that a serious question?
    Do you not know they remove things like this after the expansion is over?
    Its got a leaderboard. What's that leaderboard going to look like when you can solo the entire thing in 5 minutes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Its not actually difficult to get any of these things though. Its just a game, you know? It doesn't require freak genetics and 40 hours a week of practice.
    The MoP cm gear I will wear forever on Hunter, Mage, and Druid as they are among my favorite sets in the game.
    I don't wear the gear on my Main (DK,) but its not because the newest gear is better, I just like a different transmog.
    But I use the WoD CM sword on my DK because it makes me feel like I'm playing Dark Souls!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Because most of the mage tower challenges are already easy with 930 ilvl, they would be just 30s zerg in bfa gear.
    They're already faceroll now. Doesn't mean I'm interested in levelling up all my alts and gear all their specs just for the appearances. They aren't difficult atm, just time-consuming, so let us shift the time consumed to a later date. They have the technology to scale us down so I see no point in forcing us to do the content right now, just in case that a class / spec appeals more to us at a later time.

I'm glad they are becoming unavailable... If there is a skin you really like then you have ample time to get it. If you aren't going to bother then you obviously don't want it that badly. You can level a 100 character to 110 with absolutely no effort via Legion invasions and all i've been hearing for years is that the 1-100 levelling experience is too fast and too easy these days.

I've got all mage tower artifact appearances on my hunter, mage, shaman and druid now and a few on other classes and i've thoroughly enjoyed earning them. Ok i'm overgeared (920-935 ivl) compared to when the challenges came out but i've never felt the motivation to make any effort to learn how some of these classes and specs work but the mage tower is motivating me... If these skins were going to be available forever I probably wouldnt even make the effort to get them till years in future when I could just spam 1 button.

Items that aren't available any more maintain their prestige. There is nothing special about corrupted Ashbringer as a skin but you often hear people talking about how they want that item... Some people even say they will only bother with classic servers if skins like that will become available on their retail account if they obtain it on classic. The people who actually make the effort to get the artifact appearances will actually want to use them if they are no longer obtainable... Many / most wont even bother using them if they are still obtainable. You still have people who run around with Benediction transmog... it's not because it's an amazing skin (it's basic and ugly)... Not many people would want to use it if you could still obtain it today.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2018-01-01 at 06:34 PM.

Because prestige is good.

I've done all 36 Mage Tower Challenges. I also did all Challenge Modes in MoP and WoD on every class.

If you want to unlock EVERY piece of content like this, then stop being lazy! Put the effort in and do them when they're current. It's simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage tower is extremely hard content and very tiny portion of player base is able to beat it. I myself very skillful player, and I spend may be 100 attempts on mage tower last days and didn't beat it with 955 gear, difficulty is insane, obviously tuned for something like 1000 ilvl. Getting those appearences is very status symbol, much harder than something like mythic curve, so it's only logical to keep them unobtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    They're already faceroll now. Doesn't mean I'm interested in levelling up all my alts and gear all their specs just for the appearances. They aren't difficult atm, just time-consuming, so let us shift the time consumed to a later date. They have the technology to scale us down so I see no point in forcing us to do the content right now, just in case that a class / spec appeals more to us at a later time.
    You obviously haven't done it with all classes. I'm sitting at 13/36 right now and I can tell you some of the mechanics dont get easier even with 930 gear.