Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If classic and retail are merged into subscription (Meaning subbing to retail gives you full access to classic), I wouldn't see a problem with tokens on live paying for your vanilla sub too, but that's as far as it should go.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I really like about retail WoW is how there are no gold spammers or exploiters anymore thanks to the WoW Token, so it'll be cool if they add this to Classic too. This way we can have vanilla with no spammers and all the gold one can afford, it's a win/win!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only "changes" I want have to do with optimization and performance. The game should be "remastered" to run smoothly on modern systems with modern resolutions. I would also like to see the menus which come up when you hit "escape" (system, interface, etc.) Be similar to how they were in Wrath of the Lich King, rather than the vanilla version that took up the entire screen and was confusing to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    One thing I really like about retail WoW is how there are no gold spammers or exploiters anymore thanks to the WoW Token, so it'll be cool if they add this to Classic too. This way we can have vanilla with no spammers and all the gold one can afford, it's a win/win!
    Gold was rare and valuable in Vanilla. The token would change that.

I can see textures/models as a toggle.

However if the change anything else, they’ll fail to attract the 8m people that quit and they’ll continue to play on private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by bottled View Post
    Gold was rare and valuable in Vanilla. The token would change that.
    It wouldnt change it any more than gold farmers change it. If people want to buy gold they will do it, blizzard providing that service will just make the overall experience better for the majority of players, since it would remove all the spam.

Why does it have to be one way or the other? Why can't there be a toggle switch to make your game look outdated like Vanilla or to show better graphics like now?

Of course there will be tokens you can buy them while playing the new expac and use it on you battle.net to pay for classic but I doubt they will be for sale on the classic server because the way a classic economy works.
    Last edited by mhdoe; 2018-01-01 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Authenticators are a battle.net function not a WoW function - so there shouldn't be any problems.

I don't want new models, I want to go back and visit the real Vanilla, so skip new models because they suck.
    WoW tokens will be totally incompatible with the WoW classic play style and thus not suitable.
    Having the updated graphics a toggle would not hurt your experience in any way. I'd like to play classic, but I'd also love to play classic with SSAO and new models. If it can be turned on and off, tell me again how that would hurt your experience?

As if blizzard is going to waste resources on the QoL-ers, they know they are going to quit after a day or two anyway and then go back to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Authenticators are a battle.net function not a WoW function - so there shouldn't be any problems.

I don't want new models, I want to go back and visit the real Vanilla, so skip new models because they suck.
    WoW tokens will be totally incompatible with the WoW classic play style and thus not suitable.
    Though I agree the only change I would like to see would the the authenticators and bnet integration for real ID chat (Lets face it if its not in-game you just use the bnet client and alt tab it or even use the bnet voice chat so no reason not to) How would the WoW token really change anything? Most people that played vanilla that I've talked to admitted to always buying gold for their mounts or to help buy BoEs that were MUCH more valuable back then.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is so deadset on changing things. What's wrong with leaving it alone and as close to consistent with the original as humanly possible?
    Because its 2018, not 2004. Things will change, even if by accident. They are not giving you a time machine. They are making this all from scratch.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Efficacious View Post
    Why does it have to be one way or the other? Why can't there be a toggle switch to make your game look outdated like Vanilla or to show better graphics like now?
    I agree especially for things that don't impact the gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Because its 2018, not 2004. Things will change, even if by accident. They are not giving you a time machine. They are making this all from scratch.
    Thank you.
    This would be a much healthier thread if every poster stopped and considered this before hitting the Submit Reply button.

Deleted
    I'm not sure WoW token would work on classic servers but maybe allowing a one way gold transfer between live and classic with a huge tax like 10,000g on live = 1g on classic may be enough to deter the gold sellers while also not completely ruining the classic economy. It'd provide another gold sink for those on live while also allowing those with limited play time the same convenience that WoW tokens provide. Not perfect but an acceptable compromise imo.

Except they're not making it from scratch, They're basically porting the old code to the newer infrastructure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

No authenticators, i want the real classic experience :rage:

No they really aren't. The only work to be done from scratch is to make it run on the current WoW infrastructure and fixing any bugs or exploits that need to either be fixed from then or created by this new infrastructure. All of the content and anything outside of those infrastructure changes/bug fixes is already done.

"An authentic, blizzard quality, classic experience"
    This phrase can not be restated enough.
    Blizzard quality
    Classic """EXPERIENCE"""
    No once anywhere in the reveal or in interviews does any of them say a 1:1 recreation, and expecting as such would be flat out unrealistic.

They're not going to intentionally release it with bugs and exploits such as the corrupted blood incident, it's going to have authenticators like anything else because there's no reason not to, and it's probably going to have the option to switch between old and new graphics because, again, there's no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Authenticators are fine, as they don't change the game. I'll certainly use one.

Updated graphics/models would be bad for the game. Most Vanilla fans don't like the over-animated characters, etc.

Tokens would absolutely ruin Classic. No question.

I will guess they will have authenticators since Classic will be on the BNet launcher. I very much doubt the other two being implemented.
    YOu say tokens will ruin Vanilla but that is just a statement with no proof behind it. Please explain......

Because here is what I see, tokens are just a method of combating the 3rd party gold sellers, it is not like they are directly selling gold that is not already in the market place. The only thing a token does is distribute this gold at a small 5-8 dollar fee in exchange for game time. They will have to lock the token to either vanilla or current expansion on purchase and then it will be sold a vanilla market rate. If anything this will remove more gold from the market as these tokens will be use mainly by people who are looking to purchase epic mount riding, this only go to remove gold from the market therefore keeping prices low for AH materials.... Isn't this what you want........
    I know this as I had 2 characters in vanilla at gold cap, it was easy to make gold using gold farmers as suppliers as they were only looking to move product fast and you could resell it at a 20-30% markup, or more if you crafted goods out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No to the new models
    No to tokens
    Pretty sure if its under battle.net its gonna have the authentication stuff.