Poll: Do you agree that they should also remain accessible?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It actually makes more sense to retire these skins than past challenges because they designed each encounter around the current state and talents of every spec. If they kept these challenges but redesigned, for example, frost mages and remove the Frost Orb ability the encounters would become impossible.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still puzzled (and a bit resentful over, in all honesty) why they don't simply slap a Feat of Strength on it along with a title, like they did with warlock green fire. Win-win.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    The point is, there must exist some way in which future players could obtain these exquisite appearances also. Must not be the current way, a way nonetheless.
    This i completly agree.

Right now is not a problem but compare to things like the Corrupted Ashbringer, Atiesh, the vanilla Hunter bow or the PvP sets.The were removed for prestige but now they are so rare that you almost never see one.

I saw the Corrupted Ashbringer twice, never saw the bow or Atiesh.

I would like that at some point they come back so that other would be able to experience the same challenges as we did.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    I don't see the issue as we've been given enough warning to obtain these appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    To be honest I'd understand if it were Challenge Modes. But you don't need to rely on 4 other players who may turn out to be imbeciles or assholes.
    Unless is the Healing challenge.

Its feels like you are carrying a bunch of noobs in a dungeon, the Tank can't even keep aggro.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They could just be scaled to lvl 120? They have the technology already. Why must Blizzard remove content from the game? I'm never a fan of removing things.
    Because they want you to log in and pay them to play now. By making something limited like this, it encourages people to pay now rather than later.

They might preach some BS about how they feel that exclusive stuff makes for a better game, or some other nonsense like that. But it's a big fat lie. Everything they do is designed to encourage investing in the game earlier rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    I'm still puzzled (and a bit resentful over, in all honesty) why they don't simply slap a Feat of Strength on it along with a title, like they did with warlock green fire. Win-win.
    i have to agree i thought thats what the feats of strength were for so that they could keep content around to do later so new players could go back and obtain this sort of stuff, while the guys who were around when it was cool get the feat of strength i mean thats all i got when i raided during MoP got my mythic / heroic curves n cutting edge and was happy

Relax, I'm sure they'll be available in the cash shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    They need to remove something every expac so that people can feel "special" about having done whatever it is that rewarded said "special"-maker item. It's pandering to children basically. Joey has a blue car and has to smash it before leaving the sandbox so Suzy doesn't get to play with it.

Just to clarify: I have all artifact skins for every spec.

The main problem is the demon hunter one: Flamereaper is by a wide margin better than any other appearance, hence it would be a pain for someone who joins the game later not being able to obtain that particular appearance. especially considering how few other options DHs have compared to other classes.

The other one being the druid werebear form, though there are other options to choose from, that form is simply vastly superior in every sense.
    Something like the claws of Shirvalla talent was back then but that isn't a problem since there exist a toy which turns you into a saberon anyways.

The point is, there must exist some way in which future players could obtain these exquisite appearances also. Must not be the current way, a way nonetheless.
    And corrupted ashbringer looks insane even today, your point? There is no "need" in having cosmetic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They have literally been doing this for at least 3 expansions now, it's nothing new and anybody with any sort of clue about foresight saw this coming from day 1.
    they've been doing it longer than that, but just because they've done it before doesn't mean they should do it again. it was a bad idea every time they did it and will be a bad idea every time they continue to do it. but now that they've got the scaling system actually working pretty well there's not even any excuse for it now

They're taking it out. Period. The ONLY thing you have to do is just the tower quests. That's it. You will STILL be able to get the other colors at a later time with the only thing being the PvP requirements might change to something else is all.

Also, the thing is these challenges are set for our classes and specs as they are NOW in 7.x. If you've played WoW through at least 2 expansions, you'll know they change classes every x.0 patch. If you need an example, look at Survival Hunter.

These are CHALLENGES to overcome. You can out gear them to some degree but you still need to do mechanics to a major degree in order to complete them. They're to show you have competency in your class.

So quit whining and get going on it. Clock is ticking...

because having limited time reward is the little things you give to players that play during current expansion. WoW already gives its players very little of these rewards, so it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    they've been doing it longer than that, but just because they've done it before doesn't mean they should do it again. it was a bad idea every time they did it and will be a bad idea every time they continue to do it. but now that they've got the scaling system actually working pretty well there's not even any excuse for it now
    saying something is very bad a billion times without giving a reasoning doesn't actually make it good or bad.

I disagree. I think having "coolest looking item" as a limited-time option (when the limited-time spans longer than a year and can be done pretty easily by any player even if they just choose to activate legion today and grind their way up) is a very legitimate reward to people that played the expansion while it's current.
    Last edited by david0925; 2018-01-01 at 10:32 PM.

Deleted
    Because Blizzard wants to reward Legion players with something and that's what they're going with. You could call it the Legion challenge mode rewards.

This makes 0 sense.
    Why in the world would they do such a silly thing as to not let us have ALL artifact appearances obtainable somehow post Legion?
    It makes ABSOLUTE sense. They were meant to be a challenge that gave a reward even if it is a wholey superficial one. Even now they can be largely overgeared and less of a challenge. There is no reason for them to continue past their relevance and detract from those that earned the appearances.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Just to clarify: I have all artifact skins for every spec.

The main problem is the demon hunter one: Flamereaper is by a wide margin better than any other appearance, hence it would be a pain for someone who joins the game later not being able to obtain that particular appearance. especially considering how few other options DHs have compared to other classes.

The other one being the druid werebear form, though there are other options to choose from, that form is simply vastly superior in every sense.
    Something like the claws of Shirvalla talent was back then but that isn't a problem since there exist a toy which turns you into a saberon anyways.

And the second everyone and their aunt will have those skins, they won't be as amazing anymore. The reason transmogs/skins/what ever is cool looking is in most cases because they are a bit rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    If that makes 0 sense to you, that tells me everything I need to know about you.
    You're one of the "buhuhuhu I want X thing but I can't have it because i'm too bad at the game or don't even want to bother the slightest amount, just give it to me for free".

They are trash already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They could just be scaled to lvl 120? They have the technology already. Why must Blizzard remove content from the game? I'm never a fan of removing things.
    Because that does not work.
    The difficulty is not just the level of the player, but the player toolkits and mechanics they are balanced around.
    That all goes out the window once the pre-patch for BfA hits.

Look at timewalking as an example.
    No amount of number tweaking is going to replicate the experience a timewalking dungeon or raid could give during the expansion it was released in.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Because most of the mage tower challenges are already easy with 930 ilvl, they would be just 30s zerg in bfa gear.
    All the dps challenges are already 30s zerg challenges.

Its Blizzard logic to appease little shitnoobs who want to be snowflakes. If you smash it in 30 seconds during Legion its prestigious but if u smash it in BFA its trivial content. xD