Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Vanilla is Vanilla. But unfortunately we still don’t know what exactly Classic is or will be. So who knows what Blizzard will do...
    Except J. Allen Brack specifically used the term 'vanilla' when announcing it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm all for it, options are always good. Though I'd be interested to know how they'd plan to solve the priest racials.

Deleted
    I never really understood why humans couldn't be hunters until cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Hi.
    i dont have a strong opinion on the subject.
    Though i expect 90% negative answers, i'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Would you like to see the current Class/Race combinations in Classic?
    (and why do you think it would be good/bad to have/not have them)

Humans: Hunter.
    Dwarves: Shaman, Warlock, Mage.
    Gnomes: Hunter, Priest.
    Nightelves: Mage.
    Orcs: Mage.
    Trolls: Druid, Warlock.
    Tauren: Paladin, Priest.
    Undead: Hunter.

Appart from Tauren Paladins, and maybe Nightelf Mages, the rest of the combinations did exist since vanilla, but they were just not playable.
    Either way, it's all or nothing, since you cant give the Alliance Shamans, and no Paladins to the Horde.
    Uhm, no thanks? If you are going classic, should stay so. Especially the seperated Alliance Paladin vs. Horde Shaman.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No... no... no. In this case, vanilla means vanilla.

Vanilla is Vanilla. But unfortunately we still don’t know what exactly Classic is or will be. So who knows what Blizzard will do...
    We do kinda know what it's going to be... They have said that they want to keep Classic as close to Vanilla as possible (incl. all the "rough edges"), so it's not going to be a rework or whatever and thus these class combinations are not going to happen.

Hi.

Appart from Tauren Paladins, and maybe Nightelf Mages, the rest of the combinations did exist since vanilla, but they were just not playable.
    Either way, it's all or nothing, since you cant give the Alliance Shamans, and no Paladins to the Horde.
    you are correct. 90% no.

Holy Cows should have never happened in the first place.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I'd rather they stopped shaman/paladin loot dropping for the wrong faction

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    I'd rather they stopped shaman/paladin loot dropping for the wrong faction
    that only existed for a month in vanilla. when 2.0 went live. thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Logic 101:

If we get vanilla delivered at all, then it will NOT have any extras.
    OR
    If there are extras - then by definition we aren't getting Vanilla delivered.

- - - Updated - - -

We do know what classic IS ...

Once you add choc chips to vanilla icecream - it isn't vanilla icecream any more.
    They have never stated you are getting Vanilla........so get that through your thick skull......It has always been a "a Vanilla like Experience"...... On that note you will not see horde Pali's or alliance shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    No... no... no. In this case, vanilla means vanilla.
    Hmm they have always said Vanilla like Experience so where do you get that you are getting a straight up vanilla server.

Hi.

There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't. But we have no idea what they are going to do. Vanilla and Classic are two different products.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't. But we have no idea what they are going to do. Vanilla and Classic are two different products.
    except they have literally used the words vanilla and classic interchangeably. so that would mean that vanilla = classic.

Not going to play vanilla but kinda hope not. Rooting for faction restricted classes.
    An'u belore delen'na

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind new race/class combos in Classic, as long as lore supports them. E.g. Human Hunters could stay (Nesingwary's human pals in STV come to mind), while NE mages or Dwarf shamans would be ruled out (the reasons for the introduction of either belong clearly to Cataclysm storyline). Still, it would be far too much trouble for very little gain imho.

Hi.

Nein. I would not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Not going to play vanilla but kinda hope not. Rooting for faction restricted classes.
    That's the most absurd thing i've read on mmo-c this past weeks. If you're not playing it... why would you hope or root for anything related to it?

Implementing current class/race combo's, into Vanilla/Classic, not only would make it no longer Vanilla, it's such a large change that there is no way in hell it would happen.

They MAY introduce quality of life changes (I doubt it), but they definitely wouldn't change the core game for this.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    you are correct. 90% no.

Holy Cows should have never happened in the first place.
    They needed at least 2 races to be able to be Paladins... BEs were a given, but which other Horde race fit better than Tauren? Maybe Undead? I mean they make as much sense as UD priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.

Absolutely not. If Classic is changed in a single way, these servers becomes pointless.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

No changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust Blizzard They have given in to complains etc before, I fear we have "modern vanilla servers" with the motivation: It's basically vanilla, but better or some BS
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail