Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Keep Dying to Garothi Worldbreaker log included.

I keep dying on the phase right after you destroy one of Garothi Worldbreaker's arms (second time). Each time I am at the max range of my abilities (I'm a mm hunter). Am I standing in something that I don't see or do I just need to run further away or pop turtle?

here is a log of the fight. There is obviously something I do not understand please advice.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=2&type=deaths
    Last edited by velkroe; 2018-01-02 at 08:28 AM.

I won't look at your logs cause if you say that you die, cause you still attack the boss, when he does the massive cast, you're doing it wrong. People are supposed to stand aa far away as possible for that. The boss damage increases every time a weapon breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I won't look at your logs cause if you say that you die, cause you still attack the boss, when he does the massive cast, you're doing it wrong. People are supposed to stand aa far away as possible for that. The boss damage increases every time a weapon breaks.
    What this guy said. It's like the big aoe on Avatar, closer you are more it hurts. On heroic at least even at max boomkin range, 45 yards, it punches through my prydaz of ~1.3m and some changes. So in melee, yeah you're gone.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So then even as a ranged player I should be standing as far as I possibly can away from boss at that time? I ask because I have watched some people streams and I have seen that range have stood far away from him but not so far that they could not still attack him.
    Last edited by velkroe; 2018-01-02 at 08:36 AM.

You should not be duying as MM hunter if you stand at max range of your abilities. Looks like your healers are just bad?

As you are a Hunter and from your description are doing either nhc or hc (my guess is hc), when a weapon breaks and you are standing at max range there is a relatively long cast bar. Just hit Disengage during the last third of his cast and you should be out of the dangerous range (at least thats what I am doing playing hunter myself)

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    You should not be duying as MM hunter if you stand at max range of your abilities. Looks like your healers are just bad?
    Soaking to much damage and make your healers responsible for the chance of survival shouldnt be the way to go - dont encourage bad play - the less damage you take the less mana your healers spent

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Maybe you should take a look instead of being a dick. Yea, you can run further away to minimize the damage, but he's MM; with a 50 yard range, he really does not have to on heroic.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...419&end=471668 It's not like he's even close to the top of dmg taken from the hit after all.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...471668&death=1

The main issue here is basically that he does not get a single direct heal in 22 seconds (and when he did get the holy shock/flash heal 22 seconds earlier, he also used his exhilaration himself - which means it wasn't up later because he needed it for a panic heal because the healers had neglected him).

Quote Originally Posted by Xeerah View Post
    As you are a Hunter and from your description are doing either nhc or hc (my guess is hc), when a weapon breaks and you are standing at max range there is a relatively long cast bar. Just hit Disengage during the last third of his cast and you should be out of the dangerous range (at least thats what I am doing playing hunter myself)

Edit:

Soaking to much damage and make your healers responsible for the chance of survival shouldnt be the way to go - dont encourage bad play - the less damage you take the less mana your healers spent

In this case, he took two direct heals over a 45 second period - both of them about 22 seconds prior to his death. He's literally not being healed, that's not on him, he's mid-table for damage taken from the smash. Even if he CAN reduce it further by running out of range, as a MM hunter with a 50 yard range (so 10 more than most other ranged), he shouldn't have to at all. If he's out of range, he's not doing DPS, which is HIS job. That they are 3 healing the boss with 18 people but not managing to give him a heal for 20 seconds just means the healers need to shape the fuck up, or add a fourth healer.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2018-01-02 at 08:49 AM.

I literally stand in melee with a personal unless it's mythic, even in pugs... I almost feel like you'd get less heals all the way in the bad than in melee a lot of the time =p

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    In this case, he took two direct heals over a 45 second period - both of them about 22 seconds prior to his death. He's literally not being healed, that's not on him, he's mid-table for damage taken from the smash. Even if he CAN reduce it further by running out of range, as a MM hunter with a 50 yard range (so 10 more than most other ranged), he shouldn't have to at all. If he's out of range, he's not doing DPS, which is HIS job. That they are 3 healing the boss with 18 people but not managing to give him a heal for 20 seconds just means the healers need to shape the fuck up, or add a fourth healer.
    Ok 22 Seconds without heal is really bad of the healing staff.
    But still with posthaste talent you can press Disengage when the AOE cast is nearly done and be in range just a second later and you take even less damage.
    You can optimize (and should) on both sides (and even train for mythic where you have to get away^^)

But still with posthaste talent you can press Disengage when the AOE cast is nearly done and be in range just a second later and you take even less damage.
    You can optimize (and should) on both sides (and even train for mythic where you have to get away^^)
    I'll do this (or hit turtle). I was just confused because this has happened the last two times we have fought him on heroic so I was assuming that there was a mechanic I just did not see or know about.

Can do =/= need to do. Sure, it's an optimal play but it's just a bandaid solution to an entirely different problem in this case. Can you play better to make up for someone else failing? Sure. Is it your fail if you don't? I wouldn't say so. An example from M+ the other night, doing a 20 DHT we had a terrible healer. We'd somehow managed to get to Xavius, and prayed to god he'd be able to keep us alive. He ended up dying to the 50% AOE, but had hotted us up before so we sat at 100% as 3 dps 1 tank. We managed to do the last 50% of the boss without a single heal, because of clever use of immunities, and counters to his abilities (feign / invis to break feed etc), with only 1 dps dying at 10%.

Would we have been blamed if we wiped after doing 45% of the boss without a healer? Fuck no, that's on the fucking druid just dying the instant he has to take a single ability to the face. If we'd wiped, he'd have been chewed out - not the hunter that didn't manage to disengage before a nightmare bolt for that 10% dmg reduction to stay alive with 100K hp.

No mechanic, you just didn't pay your healer tax.

Either your ele and resto shami are a bit dull and hugged a tank explosion or your tanks are doing something dumb with their ONE mechanic. This at least to some extent probably didn't help you in getting a heal in the 22 secs leading up to your death. Other hunter died to stupid by standing in a laser. You have some issues to fix across the board my friend. In this case I would say assume your healers are lacking and don't push your luck and just max range the hit dead dps do no dps better to lose a little dps than all the rest of the fights dps.

It seems one of the healer died just before so you had 2 heals going in that phase, yeah then youll have to pop your personals and get really far, but not worth it just bring 4 heals if a lot of the people are dying early

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Can do =/= need to do. Sure, it's an optimal play but it's just a bandaid solution to an entirely different problem in this case. Can you play better to make up for someone else failing? Sure. Is it your fail if you don't? I wouldn't say so. An example from M+ the other night, doing a 20 DHT we had a terrible healer. We'd somehow managed to get to Xavius, and prayed to god he'd be able to keep us alive. He ended up dying to the 50% AOE, but had hotted us up before so we sat at 100% as 3 dps 1 tank. We managed to do the last 50% of the boss without a single heal, because of clever use of immunities, and counters to his abilities (feign / invis to break feed etc), with only 1 dps dying at 10%.

Would we have been blamed if we wiped after doing 45% of the boss without a healer? Fuck no, that's on the fucking druid just dying the instant he has to take a single ability to the face. If we'd wiped, he'd have been chewed out - not the hunter that didn't manage to disengage before a nightmare bolt for that 10% dmg reduction to stay alive with 100K hp.
    Yeah, because Xavius is such a big deal on +20 Fortified
    Also, what you are saying doesn't change the fact that the OP's healers suck balls, and it's clearly not the OP's fault that the healers are trash. They need to get better, he does his job well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    It seems one of the healer died just before so you had 2 heals going in that phase, yeah then youll have to pop your personals and get really far, but not worth it just bring 4 heals if a lot of the people are dying early
    The healer was promptly ressed, all 3 were alive for the "hard" part.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...062&end=467639

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Yeah, because Xavius is such a big deal on +20 Fortified
    Also, what you are saying doesn't change the fact that the OP's healers suck balls, and it's clearly not the OP's fault that the healers are trash. They need to get better, he does his job well enough.
    1: I never said it was hard. I was explaining an anecdote that explains when it isn't the DPS fault that they don't avoid damage - it's the healers for not healing it.

2: I never said that OP's healers didn't suck balls. Literally the exact opposite. If you actually bothered to read what I wrote, you'd see I'm saying exactly what you are:

- Healers suck dick.
    - It's not OP's fault that he died when he gets no healing.
    - OP *can* play better but really shouldn't need to, it's not his issue.

What the fuck did you think I was saying, if you don't mind me asking...?
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2018-01-02 at 10:07 AM.

if you know you die there, then run further back to the wall.

the further, the less dmg the eradication does.

or you can just pop turtle and stand still and ignore that dmg. but what i saw in the log is that apocalypse drive killed you (you weren't healed after erd though) so either you stood in a beam or lack of healing from passive "AP" did you in.

I save Turtle for the 2nd Eradication. Using Exhil + Lock Rock + Whatever Raid Heals for the first Eradication.

Tabu died from Searing Fel which is the huge wide green area you're supposed to move out of. Avoidable damage.
    Starbux died from Searing Barrage which is the DoT you get after Decimation (wasn't healed up by the healers after it went off.. that is raid healing issue).
    Apoc Drive is the raid damage that starts ramping up when you get near the end of the fight. Its why this is the burn phase because the healers are going to get taxed very quickly.

The other attempt in the log has the 2 Hunters Tabu and Sharandria die to Fel Bombardment which is the Tank mechanic.. All I can see is try to avoid standing where the tank is kiting the effect.

Also probably a good idea to yell at your retribution paladins to not hog their blessings
    Using Kings and Wisdom on themselves isn't really helpfull to the raid.

Looking at the replay you were not standing with the rest of the group when they did the AOE healing:

Could/should they have saved you? Yes, but there's a good chance that you'd have survived if your positioning would have been better.