10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only one who . . .

Goes through a bunch of work creating a post, gets some sources, does some research, writes it all up . . . and then says "Nah" and deletes it all?
    Putin khuliyo

Not at all. I do it quite often and then realize that I actually dont give a damn about what other thinks about it.

Maybe hard to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. 10/char
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

90% of the time, yeah.

Post it anyway. I've posted dozens of threads that have gotten zero responses.

As long is it's not one of those "what's your favorite color?" posts.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    i do that a lot.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Goes through a bunch of work creating a post, gets some sources, does some research, writes it all up . . . and then says "Nah" and deletes it all?
    Not at all, mate. I've done that a few times. Haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Well there goes my one and only thread idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Hey don't talk smack about favorite color posts. They bring humanity back to this section of the forum instead of people hating on each other over politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Nope, I do it all the time. Many times I realize that I just have better things to do, or at least more productive things to do, than trying to use data and sources to educate someone on an internet forum when they're not willing to be educated or to accept the information and will continue to be ignorant or whatever and refuse to have an actual discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    @Jaylock likely does this a lot - his posts are pretty detailed

I myself: I don't really like to make posts (Kind of a shitposter myself hahah)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do it all the time. A lot of it comes down to "Do I really care enough about this topic to bother defending my opinion if challenged on it?". If I don't, there's not a whole lot of reason to give an opinion in the first place. Oftentimes I'll start typing a response because I'm bored, then realize I've no intent to follow it up anyway, so delete it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I do it all the time. A lot of it comes down to "Do I really care enough about this topic to bother defending my opinion if challenged on it?". If I don't, there's not a whole lot of reason to give an opinion in the first place. Oftentimes I'll start typing a response because I'm bored, then realize I've no intent to follow it up anyway, so delete it.
    That or it'll sound funny in my head but once I've typed it out, I'll just think "nah, that's just stupid" and erase all of it.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I try not to post unless it's something silly. Screw working for it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Not at all. I do it quite often and then realize that I actually dont give a damn about what other thinks about it.
    ^This. Probably 9/10 times I type a response I just delete/cancel for the same reason.

I used to when I was a younger, more vigorous poster on various forums.

These days, screw it, all of you are just an alt+tab away from googling any details for yourself if one of my points is controversial.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.