Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Actually I blame Blizzard for this mess. They should have had a list of things that were completely off the table to begin with. It wouldn't have taken 5 minutes probably to cover most of the major ones.
    They do have such. You can't transmog certain items due to their 'silly rule'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Precisely, and every time I see another vanilla wow thread, what goes through my mind is either A: what are they going to complain about or B: what lame ass idea will be brought up this time..

And well this time it is B: some idea that is as you eloquently put it and waste of resources..

And well if Blizzard implemented all the ideas that are in the classic wow sub forum what would come out would be a complete mess and would be completely unrecognizable to the WoW of back then and now..

In the end with seeing all these vanilla/classic threads I wonder if Blizzard have gone and thought "what the fuck have we gotten ourselves into.."
    I don't like shooting down people's ideas right away but in this case, it would only operate as a resource dump. It would have more costs than benefits and would separate players even more, which wouldn't be good for resources in the first place.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by warlordoflordwar View Post
    WTF is this...

The idea of adding transmog to a classic server is insane. You don't NEED transmog to dress up your character. People did it all the time in vanilla. When you play serious (dungeons, raids, PvP), you equip serious gear.

Same thing with this whining about dual spec. You dont NEED dual spec to switch roles without paying up to 50g. You can use different gear. Talents weren't as powerful in vanilla, so a prot warrior could switch to dps gear and do fine.

Transmog and dual spec takes away the things which define your character. It takes away the identity and fame you develop for your character. Thats NOT classic wow.
    You don't need AOE loot because in vanilla you actually fight 1 mob at a time.
    People will understand once they start playing REAL vanilla that things are perfectly fine according to how the game worked then.
    Why do you think that OP is talking about Classic Servers?

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    I think this is a great idea. 2 different WOWs, for two very different types of players

One would be a transmog server, filled with fancy hats and cat costumes. Maybe add a dance studio so they can add all kinds of frolicking to their fancy hat and cat costume experience

The other would be a real competitive video game, that involves spatial skills and stat management, in which real achievements yielded a specific look, and badness would be obvious to everyone
    Why do you need a different server for transmogs?

Just use the the current transmog feature if you want, don't use it if you are not interested.

Same thing for the whole skills thing. It is already in game- just do those activities if it interests you......

What is the point of separating them? Unless, of course, some player rolling around in a fancy hat and fancy clothes is somehow bothering you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why do you think that OP is talking about Classic Servers?
    It's on the classic subforum

7+ Year Old Account
    I love transmog, but no no and no to transmog in vanilla.

Part of vanilla was knowing what kind of gear somebody had just by looking at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    It's on the classic subforum
    Why is this flagging me as being quoted... weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I'm sorry my opinion puzzles you.
    It's just that the best time i had raiding (of all time) was when i was able to complete a raid tier set and off pieces for the first time (pre trasnmog).

It may be nostalgia, but the feeling of looking like a clown (and everyone else looking like a clown) and slowly proressing my character visually...and then finally reach nirvana of cool looking gear for a set period of time.
    It was awesome to me
    Your opinion doesn't puzzle me... it's completely unfounded.

Transmog didn't change the raiding experience.

Very few people raid or raided for the sake of "looking cool".

I myself have always had a hodge podge of gear because that's what performs/performed best.

I never had anyone ask ME about my gear, and I definitely never talked to anyone else about their gear.

As a PvPer the more unassuming I looked, the more likely some fool tried to engage me... and then paid for his/her insolence.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-01-02 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Very few people raid or raided for the sake of "looking cool".
    That can't be true.

Nowadays millions of people go out of their way to farm Transmogs...and you are saying back then people didn't care about "looks"?

Deleted
    You're being baited by the most pathetic bait thread. It's bad and you should feel bad.

Bait aside, tmog is one of the overall best additions to WoW, c'mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    That can't be true.

Nowadays millions of people go out of their way to farm Transmogs...and you are saying back then people didn't care about "looks"?
    Twisting words. Everyone wants to look cool, but that's not the prime motivation behind raiding, or even progressing one's character.

If you yourself play the game for your digital barbies... I don't understand the hatred for transmog.

If you play the game for its intended design/purpose which is to increase your characters power through x, y, and z. Then that's why you raided. I could give a shit less if I looked like a turd. What I look/looked like is/was irrelevant as long as I can blow stuff up and melt faces. Transmog adds another layer to that where I can look marginally cool while also blowing shit up/melting faces.

People may have cared about looks back in vanilla, and prior to transmog... but that still doesn't support your argument that the addition of transmog detracted anything from the game.

The looks didn't entice people to raid, the game play did. It was what you did. You either had the time or you didn't. Nobody raided because they wanted bright yellow banana shoulders. They raided because they wanted to do something epic and fun with people they enjoyed spending time with.

Seriously man... every time you talk about this... narcissism is the only message you convey.

Deleted
    Twisting words. Everyone wants to look cool, but that's not the prime motivation behind raiding, or even progressing one's character.

If you yourself play the game for your digital barbies... I don't understand the hatred for transmog.

If you play the game for its intended design/purpose which is to increase your characters power through x, y, and z. Then that's why you raided. I could give a shit less if I looked like a turd. What I look/looked like is/was irrelevant as long as I can blow stuff up and melt faces. Transmog adds another layer to that where I can look marginally cool while also blowing shit up/melting faces.

People may have cared about looks back in vanilla, and prior to transmog... but that still doesn't support your argument that the addition of transmog detracted anything from the game.

The looks didn't entice people to raid, the game play did. It was what you did. You either had the time or you didn't. Nobody raided because they wanted bright yellow banana shoulders. They raided because they wanted to do something epic and fun with people they enjoyed spending time with.

Seriously man... every time you talk about this... narcissism is the only message you convey.
    You keep saying "looks" didn't entice people to raid so we can't have a nice discussion
    There are several reasons why people raided back then and i'm pretty sure "gear looks" was one of them for many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying "looks" didn't entice people to raid so we can't have a nice discussion
    There are several reasons why people raided back then and i'm pretty sure "gear looks" was one of them for many people.
    But the transmog system didn't change that.

You're absolutely right. We can't have a conversation... not while you try to justify your personality disorder.

You're absolutely right. We can't have a conversation... not while you try to justify your personality disorder.
    Its a nice social study at the very least. People wanted to not look like christmas tree / clown, so blizz introduced transmog. Pure vanity. Now people, some of them the same, spew whine that transmog ruined their feeling of admiration while standing in towns afk.

I personally believe no dev should listen to people who try to take something away from other players because they want to feel better about themselves.

Deleted
    It did change.
    Pre transmog you would look like a clown. This was incentive to raid.

Nowadays YOU feel acomplished in looks. YOU log in the game and you are acomplished. You and me...and everyone else.

How did it not change anything if WE ALL already feel acomplished?

It did change.
    Pre transmog you would like a clown. This was incentive to raid.

Nowadays YOU feel acomplished in looks. YOU log in the game and you are acomplished. You and me...and everyone else.

You still looked like a clown as a Naxx raider.

I'm sorry my opinion puzzles you.
    It's just that the best time i had raiding (of all time) was when i was able to complete a raid tier set and off pieces for the first time (pre trasnmog).

It may be nostalgia, but the feeling of looking like a clown (and everyone else looking like a clown) and slowly proressing my character visually...and then finally reach nirvana of cool looking gear for a set period of time.
    It was awesome to me
    Cohesive =/= cool. Of course, they're not mutually exclusive. But looking like a retard in a magnetic leotard drug through the neares junkyard, raid gear or not, isn't great to look at, and a cohesive tier set isn't a magical solution. If a tier set looks good to person A, good for them,, glad they enjoy it! If it doesn't look good to person b? Too bad for them, they're stuck with an ugly set, or even uglier shite that never matches.

A tier set isn't appealing to everyone look-wise, and it's impossible to make it so. Transmog is a godsent, so people can wear the gear they need to wear to be better, and not look godawful by force. Fashion is an extremely high selling point for games. Ask Warframe and League.

Yes I absolutely don't want my transmogs from live to carry over to Classic. Everyone would be running around in T2 looking gear as soon as they hit 60.

Unlikely to happen.

1. I doubt Blizzard would want to create a different server based on a cosmetic feature.

2. I doubt there will be enough people playing Classic for Blizzard to even entertain the idea of classic servers being separated by different content.

There's a bigger chance classic servers will have transmog baseline, rather than having a special server for that purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Cohesive =/= cool. Of course, they're not mutually exclusive. But looking like a retard in a magnetic leotard drug through the neares junkyard, raid gear or not, isn't great to look at, and a cohesive tier set isn't a magical solution. If a tier set looks good to person A, good for them,, glad they enjoy it! If it doesn't look good to person b? Too bad for them, they're stuck with an ugly set, or even uglier shite that never matches.

A tier set isn't appealing to everyone look-wise, and it's impossible to make it so. Transmog is a godsent, so people can wear the gear they need to wear to be better, and not look godawful by force. Fashion is an extremely high selling point for games. Ask Warframe and League.
    You at least understand and acknowledge that "Fashion is an extremely high selling point for games"
    That's what i believe. I am one of those "sheeps" following the herd.

I understand a specific Tier set may not look good to everyone. Is subjective.

But when you live in a world where "everyone" looks like a clown...the one person with matching gear...stands out always.
    Beggars can't be choosers.

It's not a perfect system...but there is a specific charm to it.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-02 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It did change.
    Pre transmog you would look like a clown. This was incentive to raid.

Nope. The accomplishment comes from actually completing relevant content. Its personal, and it doesn't require validation from other players by giving THEM something cool to look at or "look up to".

I feel accomplished, when I have actually done something few others can.

I also don't feel that accomplishment is the least bit diminished just because next xpac someone walks through on their level capped character and 1 shots everything and comes out looking like I did 6-12 months ago. Why? Because that accomplishment has NOTHING to do with my looks.

I don't know why I bother, its quite clear you don't even comprehend anything being said to you.

You at least understand and acknowledge that "Fashion is an extremely high selling point for games"
    That's what i believe. I am one of those "sheeps" following the herd.

I understand a specific Tier set may not look good to everyone. Is subjective.

But when you live in a world where "everyone" looks like a clown...the one person with matching gear...stands out always.
    Beggars can't be choosers.

It's not a perfect system...but there is a specific charm to it.
    Except tier sets sucked for some classes. You were better off with other BiS pieces over tier sets. So you'd still be forced to look like a clown. Having a tier set doesn't make you better than someone who doesn't, because tier sets didn't automatically make you better.

Yes I absolutely don't want my transmogs from live to carry over to Classic. Everyone would be running around in T2 looking gear as soon as they hit 60.
    Yeh, 'cus you totes get free T2 as soon as you hit level 60. Fo sho.