Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Vlogger Logan Paul faces calls for YouTube ban after dead body post

US YouTube star Logan Paul is facing calls from angry parents and celebrities to be banned from the platform after posting a video featuring the body of a suicide victim.

The clip uploaded by Paul, which had millions of views on YouTube before it was taken down, showed the vlogger and his friends discovering a dead body in Japan’s Aokigahara Forest – which is known to be a frequent site of suicides.

One woman, who used the pseudonym Joan Conrick, told the Press Association her husband had killed himself in 2008, and the video had left their 13-year-old son traumatised.

Ms Conrick, 45, from Croydon, said the teenager had been “in and out of therapy” since his father’s death in 2008, and was worried about the effect it would have on him.

“Last night he came to me and described how Logan Paul had uploaded [a video of] someone who had hanged themselves,” she said.

“At first, I couldn’t believe it. I assumed that it was maybe an extremely vulgar prank. He kept saying how he could see how the hands were all purple.

“So now I am worried for him on several levels. I am worried he will regain his fixation with the concept of suicide, especially as he has seen a popular figure consider it to be a joke.”

She added: “Already my children struggle to explain to others how their father died, when they are asked.

“Suicide isn’t an easy thing to explain – not like ‘my father died of an illness or an accident’. So I am extremely upset that so many young impressionable children saw Logan Paul make light (and laugh at) a suicide victim.”

Writing on Twitter, Paul, who has 15 million YouTube subscribers and is very popular with child viewers who like his stunts involving bizarre scenarios, said his intention was to “raise awareness for suicide and suicide prevention”.

He wrote: “This is a first for me. I’ve never faced criticism like this before, because I’ve never made a mistake like this before. I’m surrounded by good people and believe I make good decisions, but I’m still a human being. I can be wrong.”

The 22-year-old from Ohio, who is the older brother of former Disney star Jake Paul, added he “didn’t do it for views” saying: “I did it because I thought I could make a positive ripple on the internet, not cause a monsoon of negativity.”

A number of celebrities responded on Twitter, with Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner writing: “@LoganPaul You’re an idiot. You’re not raising awareness. You’re mocking. I can’t believe how self-praising your ‘apology’ is. You don’t deserve the success (views) you have. I pray to God you never have to experience anything like that man did.”

Breaking Bad actor Aaron Paul, who is of no relation to Logan, also expressed his anger: “How dare you! You disgust me. I can’t believe that so many young people look up to you. So sad. Hopefully this latest video woke them up. You are pure trash. Plain and simple. Suicide is not a joke. Go rot in hell.”
    http://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/n...ead_body_post/

Should at least suspend him to teach him a lesson. Kids watch his channel and are very easy to influence.
    Not to mention we've seen that Pewdiepie never seems to learn and just issues apology after apology

To be honest, he's been pushing it a bit too far, like many other YouTuber's and needs to know when to stop, i.e. when he's crossing the line. Little kids, including my younger sister, watch YouTuber's like him and draw their ideas/inspirations from such YouTuber's who should be setting a better and more responsible example. :/
    Last edited by Kynario; 2018-01-02 at 04:58 PM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    No because people had to choose to go to his content. This guys a dip shit but people made a choice.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Ms Conrick, 45, from Croydon, said the teenager had been “in and out of therapy” since his father’s death in 2008, and was worried about the effect it would have on him.
    Since 2008. Dude's got more wrong with him than a simple video could ever cause.

I have far less of an issue with Paul then I do YouTube here. because, obvious hypocrisy is fucking obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Since 2008. Dude's got more wrong with him than a simple video could ever cause.
    There's no set amount of time for someone to get past their mental issues.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    His dad died by suicide when he was 4 years old or so. Don't mental health shame the kid for having it scar him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know why people are freaking out about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Think it's more the blatant hypocrisy on Googles part.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Think it's more the blatant hypocrisy on Googles part.
    I mean yeahhhhhhhhhh, but private company blah blah blah

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. He was stone-cold sober in the video after they found the body and treated the issue seriously. Why are people so upset? That he talked about suicide in the first place? Not sure if that's any reason to get pissed at him.

i saw the video, he gave multiple warning and about 5+ minutes of bullshit leading up to it that was all a very serious tone, it was obvious that you were going to see a dead body and i feel 0 remorse for anyone that stayed through all the warnings and then feels bad about it after.

yes, he's an idiot. yes, he did it mostly for views/exposure. no, that doesn't mean he should be banned, the only people who saw it chose to see it, im one of them and it really wasn't that bad, it was a blurred image of a man hanging.

he went there for creepy footage, found something worse and documented it, whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant since it's debatable whether it was "wrong" or not.

the funniest part of all this is that if he just told the story and said he went to suicide forest and found a dead guy people would say he's lying for attention and full of shit, you can't win with all the bitching and moaning that happens these days.

actually jk, the real funniest part is people thinking youtube will ban him or that bitching in general can get him banned, youtube makes MILLIONS of dollars off him... they care more about that money than your complaining, so the whining in this case is mostly just funny to see since it won't accomplish anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    His dad died by suicide when he was 4 years old or so. Don't mental health shame the kid for having it scar him.
    A guy he can't even remember died and a decade later he's still fragile about it. Kid's got about as much mental health as Rosie O'Donnell has physical.

Yeah, a traumatic event can cause mental health issues. Who could have fucking seen that coming?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if youtube will do anything against Logan Paul for showing a corpse on a thumbnail or video.

Considering the backlash Pewdiepie got for saying a word in a stream, I would hope an actual rotting corpse would garner more problems for Paul. Especially since he acted like a jackass throughout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Taking the piss out of one of the most common and least understood illnesses in the world, one which claims the lives of tens of thousands of people every year and you don't see how that might be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I have far less of an issue with Paul then I do YouTube here. because, obvious hypocrisy is fucking obvious.
    YouTube will keep promoting youtube channels that lower the IQ's of the youth, while at the same time preventing videos about education/science/politics/religion to ever go viral again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Taking the piss out of one of the most common and least understood illnesses in the world, one which claims the lives of tens of thousands of people every year and you don't see how that might be an issue?
    I've been in mental health hospitals and I've been extremely suicidal. I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    YouTube will keep promoting youtube channels that lower the IQ's of the youth, while at the same time preventing videos about education/science/politics/religion to ever go viral again.
    that and the fact this drooling retard gets to make money off his video as well.

Deleted
    "Oh no my son watched something with several warnings about how this is hardcore content and it traumatized him just how the warnings might have said, We need to ban things like this."

They should just ban Single Mothers from being Mothers, because this was obviously bad fucking parenting.