Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the need for it. As usual, just a bunch of celebs trying to virtue signal piggyback off this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    "Oh no my son watched something with several warnings about how this is hardcore content and it traumatized him just how the warnings might have said, We need to ban things like this."

They should just ban Single Mothers from being Mothers, because this was obviously bad fucking parenting.
    That would be a good thing, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean yeahhhhhhhhhh, but private company blah blah blah
    The private company defence becomes rather weak when, like Google, they work with the government to a significant degree. Google is in a greyer area than most. Besides, when people say it is a private company they don't mean it should be immune from criticism of any sort.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

1. Youtuber gets audience and makes money

2. Audience gets bored and numbers start to drop

3. Youtuber tries new material, controversial stuff being low hanging fruit

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    I don't see the need for it. As usual, just a bunch of celebs trying to virtue signal piggyback off this.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be a good thing, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

The private company defence becomes rather weak when, like Google, they work with the government to a significant degree. Google is in a greyer area than most. Besides, when people say it is a private company they don't mean it should be immune from criticism of any sort.
    But people want him banned and if youtube doesn't, then oh well?

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, check this out. I'm gonna show you the proper response when you think someone is garbage: stop fucking watching them.

Spending time crying about this just reeks of SJW nonsense. Stop being offended and just write the dude off, don't watch his content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    His dad died by suicide when he was 4 years old or so. Don't mental health shame the kid for having it scar him.
    Please for the love of odin be sarcastic... This can't be a real thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck is Logan Paul?

And why should I give a shit?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Don't you click on the trending tab on youtube. Dude is on it a lot. Granted I never watch his videos because it doesn't interest me.

10+ Year Old Account
    But people want him banned and if youtube doesn't, then oh well?
    Pretty much. I don't really see the need for him to be banned and if they cave in and simply do it due to some people - including celebs - whining, they're being weak. There has been far more controversial, far more bannable material they've sat on and done nothing about until recently, where there is a genuine case for saying it violated their TOS and in some cases various laws. They tend to go after easy targets.

My point re the private company thing is that it's thrown around a lot but should not be used to mean they're immune from any criticism. I can disagree with them on something without meaning they then need to e.g. ban someone over it. That's still their decision. Where the logic falls apart is when, e.g., say Facebook cooperates with a government to stifle various forms of speech. Then the "private company" thing becomes pretty laughable as a defence.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    He goes to suicide forest and people are upset he found a suicide victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Does it matter?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who had problems with this/stayed/watched his video until the corpse was shown AFTER multiple warnings what exactly he will show them is absolutly retarded and shut be turned into the next hospital to shut them in for endangering the generallity with their stupidity.

This reminds me of the many warning signs/texts which we now have with retarded things like "Don´t try to grab spinning chainsaw blade" which should be obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Hey guys, check this out. I'm gonna show you the proper response when you think someone is garbage: stop fucking watching them.

Spending time crying about this just reeks of SJW nonsense. Stop being offended and just write the dude off, don't watch his content.
    This would be the most grown up way to go about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Pretty much. I don't really see the need for him to be banned and if they cave in and simply do it due to some people - including celebs - whining, they're being weak. There has been far more controversial, far more bannable material they've sat on and done nothing about until recently, where there is a genuine case for saying it violated their TOS and in some cases various laws. They tend to go after easy targets.

My point re the private company thing is that it's thrown around a lot but should not be used to mean they're immune from any criticism. I can disagree with them on something without meaning they then need to e.g. ban someone over it. That's still their decision. Where the logic falls apart is when, e.g., say Facebook cooperates with a government to stifle various forms of speech. Then the "private company" thing becomes pretty laughable as a defence.
    I have mixed feelings using the private company argument, but I have to be logical even if I don't want to be V_V

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Don't you click on the trending tab on youtube. Dude is on it a lot. Granted I never watch his videos because it doesn't interest me.
    I have just discovered the trending tab. I don't think alot of it is up my street haha!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since he gave warnings about it, i don’t have any real complaints about it. Kinda happy I used YouTube mainly for trailers/amvs.
    I worried about the generation growing up aspiring to be YouTube stars since most of these people do stupid things for subscribers/likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    A guy he can't even remember died and a decade later he's still fragile about it. Kid's got about as much mental health as Rosie O'Donnell has physical.
    What a thing to say you complete and utter cunt of a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post
    Pretty much this. He was stone-cold sober in the video after they found the body and treated the issue seriously. Why are people so upset? That he talked about suicide in the first place? Not sure if that's any reason to get pissed at him.
    I seriously can't believe I'm about to defend Logan Paul... but this 100%. I bit the bullet and watched the video and... IDK WTF everyone is so upset about. Y'all make it sound like he was spitting on the dead body or dancing with it or some shit. Yeah he made some awkward laugh/joke but you could tell the kid was shaken and didn't really know what to say.

Here's a sad truth:
    - Suicide is real
    - Aokigahara AKA Suicide Forest is real
    - Aokigahara is very, very well known and documented. People literally travel here to look for dead bodies (assuming there aren't there to, you know, do it to themselves)

Here's a wikipedia list of media that relates to Aokigahara, not including the numerous documentaries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokiga...opular_culture

So I ask again... WTF is everyone getting to upset about?? Honestly I think it's just a case of people joining in on another Logan Paul hate circlejerk, but this time a couple of celebs are joining in on the jerk too because their marketing director thinks it will get them great exposure.

I don't like Logan Paul either and I think he's annoying, but I simply can't hop on some hate bandwagon when I honestly see no reason for the wagon to exist in the first place.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-01-02 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in mental health hospitals and I've been extremely suicidal. I really don't.
    Hope things are better now! Keep doing your best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Does it matter?
    It shouldn't.

Never heard of the guy until yesterday.

Then suddenly he's on my Facebook, he's on my Reddit, and now he's being mentioned here.
    Putin khuliyo

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

The only thing I am thinking there is the morbid fascination people have with subjects like this.. People will watch it no matter what, but totally agree with you that, they should not complain about it after they chose to watch it..

And it is said that he gave multiple warnings of what was about to be shown.. But that right there is like a red flag to a bull the temptation to watch it is just too much for some people..

In short people need to take responsibility for what they watch..