Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Who cares if his healers neglected him, all he literally needed to do was realize his health was not full and either disengage or turtle. On top of that if your healers are "neglecting" you it's probably because you're standing in africa and not in the aoe heals to begin with.

The death is still on him cause he could of prevented it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You need to get the fuck away as far as you can. If you care about your dps so much, time disengage so as the boss finishes the cast, you have landed your disengage and then you can sprint back into range. You will miss like 2 seconds max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velkroe View Post
    I'll do this (or hit turtle). I was just confused because this has happened the last two times we have fought him on heroic so I was assuming that there was a mechanic I just did not see or know about.
    As a healer myself and looking at your logs. its a clear-cut case of healers sucking.
    But you as a DPS should also do you to survive. In this fight, those 2 eradication is the only real damage you take so popping turtle is highly recommended. Use a cancel aura macro to get rid of it fast as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=244969 this is our last kill of him. To be fair we were overhealing it because we had too many healers sign up and too little DPS.

with a 4 healer setup we usually pop 2 major cd's on the first and 2 on the second. This time I think all of us popped it on the first when one looks at the overhealing
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...74&end=1446332

This is the second.
    If your healers are not doing at least that amount of healing in a 20man group. They need to shape up.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...89&end=1563659
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Looking at the replay you were not standing with the rest of the group when they did the AOE healing:

Could/should they have saved you? Yes, but there's a good chance that you'd have survived if your positioning would have been better.
    That is a really good point, I did not realize I was so far from the group. That is definitely something I should have been aware of. Also I should have popped turtle no question. Honestly part of the reason I did not pop turtle was because I was thinking back to the last time I died on this encounter and wanted to see if there was something I was missing. That is part of the reason I posted here because I felt like I was doing the mechanics correctly (though as pointed out I could have and should have done better), but I had died twice to this exact same thing at the same time and wanted to make sure it was not a boss ability that I was not aware of (I had gone through the logs but could not single anything out).

Few things. I'm assuming you are Starbuxs.

2/3/13 is a decent composition to run for heroic, but this also implies that your healers are all performing up to par. Your shaman healer Arednie is performing spectacularly low compared to the other 2 healers. The fact that the other 2 have parses in the 90s indicates this is not due to a lack of things to heal, but rather because he's incompetent. He's the most geared out of your 3 healers, yet he is pulling half the healing that your priest and paladin are doing.

Unrelated, but your DH tank ran the fel bombardment to the Right as the boss hit 40%, killing the resto shaman. Prior Fel Bombardments were ran to the Left. Your tanks need to identify a side of the area to take up for Fel Bombardment so A) they dont railroad anyone that thinks they're safe to run out decimation on that side, and B) so they dont get cut off by a Decimation from a player. Because your DH decided to go to the right, it hit the resto shaman and killed him. The fact that your tanks keep bouncing between sides makes it more difficult for players marked with Decimation to identify a safe place to run to drop it out of the group.

You were also not grouped up for aoe healing for the healing-intensive part of the fight (aside from last phase), which directly led to your death. Healing Rain, Holy Word: Serenity, Chain Heal, and Light of Dawn are not going to hit you out there. Neither is Prayer of Healing. Be smart with your positioning and stand in the good stuff, or close enough to get hit by the good stuff. If a healer is focusing on aoe healing, they're going to target the largest group, not the odd hunter standing out on his own next to the tank that needs no help surviving. You were overkilled by 100k. That's 1 light of dawn, 1 prayer of healing, or 1 sanctify to save you. Hell, you might even have been saved if you were simply standing within 10 yards of the holy paladin for Aura of Sacrifice.

tl;dr:
    -Assign a side for Decimations, and the other side for Fel Bombardment. This will make it so tanks stop killing people.
    -Arednie needs to learn to play their class. Lack of using artifact ability, Cloudburst and Healing Rain isn't helping anyone.
    -For heavy healing intensive phases, stay grouped up with other players when you can so that you get splash heals for survivability.

Edit: Also, your holy paladin needs more crit. Why on earth do they only have 40% crit. His holy shock critting you would have saved your life also, but it only hit you for just over 1.5mil.
    Last edited by Kylista6; 2018-01-02 at 06:38 PM.

I didnt even know that ability hurt that much on heroic, it wasnt really a issue even on first week for us or our healers are good or what. If this was on mythic then yeah that shit hurts

While the OP could've been closer to the group, from looking at the logs there is some really bad healing going on in that group.

So, how many replies before people realize he died to Apocalypse Drive and not the explosion?

You stood in shit after the explosion, that's why you died. The boss does rectangle green telegraphs on the ground and you didn't move out of them.

Granted your healers should have used a raid CD to top everybody off, but it's still your mistake.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-01-03 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So, how many replies before people realize he died to Apocalypse Drive and not the explosion?

You stood in shit after the explosion, that's why you died. The boss does rectangle green telegraphs on the ground and you didn't move out of them.

Granted your healers should have used a raid CD to top everybody off, but it's still your mistake.
    Apocalypse Drive is the AE the boss does periodically to all targets. He was "killed" by eradication, which is the AE the boss does when one weapons is destroyed (which inflicted 2.5M damage, together with some smaller random nukes and the Drive AE), or simply because he did not get enough heal (or did not use CDs properly).
    What you are talking about (the green line you can avoid) is Surging Fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Apocalypse Drive is the AE the boss does periodically to all targets. He was "killed" by eradication, which is the AE the boss does when one weapons is destroyed (which inflicted 2.5M damage, together with some smaller random nukes and the Drive AE), or simply because he did not get enough heal (or did not use CDs properly).
    What you are talking about (the green line you can avoid) is Surging Fel.
    Hmm, well, it's the aoe that goes on until the weapon is dead, you're right I mixed 2 abilities. I obviously mixed the 2 hunters

But it's indeed the ticking damage that killed him after the explosion + the searing barrage.

So i guess you can blame the lack of raid CD at that point.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-01-04 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Looking at the replay you were not standing with the rest of the group when they did the AOE healing:

Could/should they have saved you? Yes, but there's a good chance that you'd have survived if your positioning would have been better.
    Just looking at this picture makes me cringe as healer. Seems OP is one of those guys who will always stand 1 yard outside of aoe healing no matter what.

So a tip from the bottom of my heart would be: Get into that goddamn green/blue circle.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I play BM hunter and have never died to that ability. I am guessing this is you, you have a similar ilvl to me plus you have Prydaz so should easily be able to take a single hit. seems to be a lack of heals, make sure you stack for aoe heals and you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I play BM hunter and have never died to that ability. I am guessing this is you, you have a similar ilvl to me plus you have Prydaz so should easily be able to take a single hit. seems to be a lack of heals, make sure you stack for aoe heals and you should be fine
    My toon is Starbuxs, and I don't run prydaz for this fight. But, as others have pointed out, I will be standing much closer to the healers from now on and popping my own cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this is the case but if you are standing at max max range for an MM hunter, that is usually out of range for melee healers - such as paladins and monks. MM hunter in my guild is almost always never in range (partly for distance and also because he likes to stand in weird as shit places away from everyone else).

Well, got to redeem myself today. Just stayed with the group and popped turtle on the second Eradication.