Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Most germans dont care about their freedom of speech? Sad

This is a very good law, and we need more of it elsewhere int he world to stop the racist fascism lies going on with hate speech galore that isnt based on FACTS. really how folks can object to the removal of hate speech and LIES is beyond me but really they must fear the truth and real news if they are so in favor of the fake news and the LIES and hate from the fascists

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I don't think germans see hate speech as free speech.

Hate speech is more akin to someone flashing their dick or taking a shit in public.

You could argue it limits their freedom to tell them they can't do it anymore, but every society wants to maintain a certain level of decency and civility.
    Who is this moral arbiter that decides what is and isnt hate speech.

Here in New Zealand its considered "hate speech" to protest deep sea oil drilling. We are already fucked. You guys are on the way to this reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    This is a very good law, and we need more of it elsewhere int he world to stop the racist fascism lies going on with hate speech galore that isnt based on FACTS. really how folks can object to the removal of hate speech and LIES is beyond me but really they must fear the truth and real news if they are so in favor of the fake news and the LIES and hate from the fascists
    Can I get to decide what is and isnt hate speech, Sounds like a fun job.

No more logan paul videos on youtube its hate speech

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    How do you think the Nazi party started their campaigns?
    They created a powerful propaganda tactic, among those still used to day. One of those things was "lugenpresse" something Trump uses frequently, on top of that they beat up and got rid of any press not signing their tune, in addition to that they created the "jew", what was often depicted as a leech and subhuman being that was the root of all things wrong in germany, the foreigner taking their work, money and food.

So no schools were not that much involved, that very much began afterwards. So in other words if you want to use the Nazi regime as an example, you are giving a good example as to why this is law is needed.

Who says what is and isnt hate speech? HMMMMM?
    You know it when you see it really it is that easy to spot.

7+ Year Old Account
    I

You could argue it limits their freedom to tell them they can't do it anymore, but every society wants to maintain a certain level of decency and civility.
    You don't get decency or civility by threatening people who may have a different opinion of you with vague laws.

Again, when will hate speech be defined as anything against the governments opinion?

If only it was easy to implement and regulate, instead of having to swim through a clutter of false flags and false positives, potentially ruining people's lives in the process.

Thus why it's a stupid move.

You know it when you see it really it is that easy to spot.
    Is protesting deep sea oil drilling hate speech? Because it is in New Zealand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hint: Banning speech is something actual fascists do. Not the made up ones you think of because they are objecting to mass intake of refugees from vastly different cultures.

Who says what is and isnt hate speech? HMMMMM?
    Exactly this is the problem. With the new law random dudes have to decide if a comment is against a law in 48hours or their company gets a hefty fine. Imho it should be up to a judge to decide if your comment broke any laws and not up to random unlearned amateur law bros.

Outsourcing justice to amateurs is a bad idea and has nothing to do with a state of law like germany. Majority of germans is against this law btw - the leftist parties (Linke/Grüne) and the far right party AFD voted against this law btw.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-01-02 at 07:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never?

/10nevers
    History disagrees. I am sure speaking against the Nazi Party of the USSR was considered hate speech too.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    answer the question. don't be a coward.
    That question makes no sense, what made capitalism and communism was not Roosevelt. Stop being a sophist.

Did the laws that people can't take a shit in public lead to people not being allowed to take a shit at all ever anymore?

If the german people disagreed with small limited regulations like these they would speak up.
    Ehh... are you really comparing freedom of speech to sanitation laws? ....this is going no where fast

7+ Year Old Account
    Ehh... are you really comparing freedom of speech to sanitation laws? ....this is going no where fast
    Shouldn't be surprised. They are on about how capitalism = communism.

I get the strangest picture of a guy with thick glasses, a beard, a scarf, and holding an iphone and starbucks...

It's Germany it a fucked up mentally country from it's beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Shouldn't be surprised. They are on about how capitalism = communism.

I get the strangest picture of a guy with thick glasses, a beard, a scarf, and holding an iphone and starbucks...
    They still wont answer how in New Zealand its considered illegal/hate speech to PROTEST DEEP SEA OIL DRILLING. WHO GAINS FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO PROTEST AGAINST OIL COMPANIES COMING AND TAKING OUR PRISTINE COASTAL LANDS???

No one except the oil companies that helped pass the law. This is one example of how the government can fuck you once you start handing over those basic rights

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I find it ironic how they drop the case against their own comedian openly insulting Erdogan (gotta admit, I'm not a fan of him) yet they pull this kind of stuff on others.

Something calling the something black.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    That question makes no sense, what made capitalism and communism was not Roosevelt. Stop being a sophist.
    well clearly I have to hold your hand through the things I'm actually talking about, sad.

anyway you said monopolies occur with government control, which it does, BUUUT it also happens with unfettered capitalism because the gilded age is a thing. and what TR did was the exact OPPOSITE of what you're arguing from the angle of the government regulating capitalism.

so to make it perfectly clear; you're talking absolute fucking bullshit.

hate speech isnt free speech when will the right wingers understand this concept?? so far they have never understood it

Are you implying they are stupid for something they never understood? isn't that then Hatespeech to even suggest? Maybe then do fully understand it, maybe they understood it's a slippery slope to censorship, look at LGBT, first it was acceptance and being treated the same, seems fair

now it's their own events, own parade and if you so much as mis-gender or pronoun someone in Canada you legally get in trouble, give it time before you're called a bigot or homosexual for not sleeping with a Gay person (August Ames may she Rest in Peace)

Germany wants to enforce Hate speech laws to protect their new "German" citizens, while at the same time will never enforce it to defend their current citizens from the threat of violence or the hate speech from the Migrants.

Free speech for all or not at all.

Did the laws that prevent people from taking a shit or flashing their dick in public also lead to laws preventing them from ever being allowed to take their pants down, even when at home?

Yes or no?

The answer is simple: No.

Limited regulations are possible. Arguing the opposite is just a slippery slope fallacy.

Banning Hate Speech will not lead to people being sent to prison for disagreeing with the government.
    Question, can you protest deep sea oil drilling in new zealand? answer no you cannot because the government said thats bad. Have fun with that

Hate speech was already illegal and no one reallly has a problem with that. What we have a problem with is this new law which enables censorship of non illegal posts because random users get to decide whats illegal now and facebook/twitter have to act quick to not get punished.