- - - Updated - - -

O WAIT I SEE IT!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I get it!

I get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    FACT: Gohan has had his potential "fully" unlocked at least twice. It was even said in the Cell Games that when he went SSJ2, he "finally had access to all his power", iirc.

Hitting a wall and breaking through it is entirely different to constantly having some unlimited potential fully unlocked. If your full potential has been unlocked, you should need to have it unlocked more than once. Can Gohan get stronger? Sure. I doubt he's reached his Zenkai limit yet either, especially considering he's never ended up in the states Goku/Vegeta have ended up in and benefited from those boosts (maybe twice?). More training wouldn't hurt him and no doubt just fighting in this tournament is making him stronger.

Constantly waving the "he has unlimited potential" nonsense around when he's already meant to have access to it all is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly its can be explain with, its DBZ, i understand your point of view, but as Goku/Vegeta continue to go past their limit even tho it been say they hit it few times already, the author use Gohan potential as a plot device to pullass power boost

I was hoping DBS will be different than DBZ story wise, but if toriyama want to tie DBS with DBZ ending i doubt it, at this point im really curious how he will give DBS the ending Z had, in my eye is impossible without the ending to look bad

The way i see it is like this, in DBZ Gohan unlock his full potential with his mythic form (at that point he was the strongest out of z fighter, thats his potential, or at least thats how i see it, some people see him as strong as ssj3 goku or weaker)

Now with DBS, his mythic form was retcon and his didnt hit his potential as he did in Z thats why im fine with the bullshit .he have x potential. and because im a gohan fan ofc
    Last edited by kaelix1; 2018-01-02 at 09:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    it's more of a F*** Vegeta then a power scale issue.
    Its that and the fact that Toriyama once said he doesnt like the character.

I like Vegeta more on Abridged then on Z or Super lol.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    It's hard to judge because like U7, the other universes have characters that aren't god tier. Sure the tournament showed they can be used...but what happens when it is over? Will just go back to the Goku show, starring Vegeta...

Honestly I think Vegeta hasn't been farther behind more than now, I mean Goku not only has KKx20 but UI...they've just obviously tossed any kind of logical power scaling out the window.
    I feel like power scaling got dropped post frieza
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I meant with the fact that Vegeta is scoring hits on Jiren, scaling and such was silly...but with this tournament, I don't think I've seen Dragon Ball ever be less consistent...and that is saying a lot considering Trunks verses Merged Zamasu.
    I will agree that this arc has been the least consistent of all Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball is crazy sometimes, but this arc makes other arcs seem like well thought out mystery dramas.

Even for Dragon Ball it's hard to believe that in under 20 minutes Goku was able to catch enough ground to compete with Jiren. Of course that's not to mean he can't be hit by either him or Vegeta, but what they are asking us to believe is so much a suspension of disbelief I might as well be repelling off a building with it.

I'd like to think Jiren won't lose and the best U7 can hope for is that time runs out with at least Goku still up.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Krillin cut off frieza's tail during the frieza saga when Krillin was at like 20k and Frieza was at a million.

Yajorobie used a regular sword to cut Vegeta's tail.
    Krillin's move as made for cutting. Disc type moves like his are specifically used to cut anything, not to mention Freiza's guard being down as much as it possibly could be at that moment.

As for Vegeta being cut by a sword the tail was more or less their weak point, so it could easily be believed that you need far less to cut their tail than hurt their body. If the tail was as strong as the rest of a Saiyan's body then it would be nigh improbable to get them out of their transformed state. At least weak points tend to be weak, else they'd be strong points.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post

It's a shounen genre manga, aka main protagonist is the 2nd coming of jesus AND the creator dislikes him. No wonder he can't compete with goku.
    Except that goku is the protagonist.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Its that and the fact that Toriyama once said he doesnt like the character.
    that's not completely true.

he said that he doesn't like Vegeta MUCH, AKA he likes him but not like he likes, let's say, Piccolo.

15+ Year Old Account
    that's not completely true.

he said that he doesn't like Vegeta MUCH, AKA he likes him but not like he likes, let's say, Piccolo.
    Same shit different colour.

Same shit different colour.
    well, considering that people always say that Tory said that he hates him much, it's a pretty big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I will agree that this arc has been the least consistent of all Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball is crazy sometimes, but this arc makes other arcs seem like well thought out mystery dramas.

Even for Dragon Ball it's hard to believe that in under 20 minutes Goku was able to catch enough ground to compete with Jiren. Of course that's not to mean he can't be hit by either him or Vegeta, but what they are asking us to believe is so much a suspension of disbelief I might as well be repelling off a building with it.

I'd like to think Jiren won't lose and the best U7 can hope for is that time runs out with at least Goku still up.
    I don't think Jiren will use the same power level he used when he first fought Goku.

he will probably use a lot less.

remember, he got a direct order from his GoD to crush Goku.

here, he will probably be a typical villain.

dragging out and playing with them.

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    well, considering that people always say that Tory said that he hates him much, it's a pretty big deal.
    Ye but i never said he hates him i said he doesnt like him and thats the same as not liking him much.

Ye but i never said he hates him i said he doesnt like him and thats the same as not liking him much.
    yeah, sorry I misinterpreted your sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    There is a... slightly more complete version of the upper picture, if you know what I mean ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Except that goku is the protagonist.
    You're right. Not to go too off topic, but even anime like Naruto that had the main character's name on the title gave a lot of interesting fights to other characters other than the protagonist. In fact, unless my memory fails me, that was the case until the final parts of the War arc, when it became the Naruto and Sasuke show. And even then, other characters still had some kind of show off or contribution that stole some spotlight from the protagonist(s).

As the main character, Goku is rightfully the strongest most of the time, and rightfully has most of the screen time. But I do feel it's too excessive, to the point that the rest of the characters might as well not exist.

With that said... This tournament actually didn't do too bad in that regard. Krillin, despite being eliminated fast, put up a great show. Roshi did much better than any of us most likely expected. 17 and 18 had some of the best fights so far, only missing some better animation. Piccolo had his fight against Saonel and Pirina. It was disappointing how he was knocked out, but overall he was entertaining. Gohan has actually had a decent amount of screen time and did pretty well as well. Tien was actually the only disappointment so far, poor guy.

Funnily, Vegeta and Frieza, which are two of the strongest competitors from U7, haven't had a lot of interesting fights. But then again, outside of the 3 people remaining in U11 (along with Kefla and Anilaza), no one was a challenge to these two when fighting seriously. But we already know Vegeta is getting a good fight next episode, even if he loses, and I'm sure Frieza will get at least one good fight before this arc ends.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2018-01-02 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    There is a... slightly more complete version of the upper picture, if you know what I mean ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    this will trigger UnifiedDivide
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    this will trigger UnifiedDivide
    Triggering Ultra Instinct... but not that kind of Ultra Instinct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda curios to see how next weeks episode will play out. Thinking about the power difference between Goku and Vegeta, considering how Goku as SSJBlue+Kaioken x20 did close to fu@# all to Jiren, but in the preview, Vegeta in just SSJBlue is getting a few hits in on Jiren. Of course he'll get stomped I'm sure, but Kaioken x20 in SSJBlue should be leagues above SSJBlue Vegeta.

If Vegeta can hang with Jiren, even for a few punches back and forth without Ultra Instinct, the gap between Goku and Vegeta (Non Ultra Instinct), even Goku with Kaioken, is veeery small!

But what's the bet here now, we thinking Ultra Instinct Goku (Defence) + Ultra Instinct Vegeta (Offence) = Ultra Instinct Vegito vs. Jiren, that's how it ends? Or will we have a classic DBZ/DB showdown, with Goku being the last man standing and mastering Ultra Instinct and facing off against Jiren in the last 5 minutes of the battle, potentially lasting for 15 episodes like the final battle in the Namek Arc with Goku vs. Frieza?
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    whis sama.... that laugh i have been trying to do it for so long now i think im going crazy....