Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    That said, I'd rather have someone under 18 watch that than listen to all the nasty shit said about a variety of nonwhite nonstraight nonmale people on Twitch that also gets a pass even though it's clearly against the rules..
    People under 18 don't need a safe space for being "mean".

Whelp it's that time of the year again!

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I'm already cringing hard at the prospect of seeing someone like Towelliee get Alpha access early once again and glossing over everything important in favour of checking out the talent changes to their class.
    I have had Alpha and F&F for a few expansions now. I would say 4 now, BFA would be 5.

I mean YES streamers and YT'ers will probably 99.987878% have access to Alpha to be able to stream it. This is HYPE, this is EXPOSURE. Blizzard understands what we do from a game play and entertainment factor. Still baffles how 7 years later people are still triggered by this like they don't see it coming. Are we good, great, skilled players? Hell no most of us are not. Maybe you think you're a MUCH BETTER tester and skilled player. Well that's nice. And awesome as well! But we are there to show people the talent changes, new areas, dungeons, models. There is no standard for choosing people who are skilled.

Streamers are in the extreme minority compared to the normal people who get selected. We are just out there in open streaming it.

And for record. At the Legion Summit in 2016 before release, we had several devs, QA team members compliment our communities and guilds on Alpha on reporting bugs and weird activity. I have my VODS from 7 months of Alpha/Beta were I reported issues on daily basis LIVE,

Also Soon™
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Whelp it's that time of the year again!

I have had Alpha and F&F for a few expansions now. I would say 4 now, BFA would be 5.

I mean YES streamers and YT'ers will probably 99.987878% have access to Alpha to be able to stream it. This is HYPE, this is EXPOSURE. Blizzard understands what we do from a game play and entertainment factor. Still baffles how 7 years later people are still triggered by this like they don't see it coming. Are we good, great, skilled players? Hell no most of us are not. Maybe you think you're a MUCH BETTER tester and skilled player. Well that's nice. And awesome as well! But we are there to show people the talent changes, new areas, dungeons, models. There is no standard for choosing people who are skilled.

Streamers are in the extreme minority compared to the normal people who get selected. We are just out there in open streaming it.

And for record. At the Legion Summit in 2016 before release, we had several devs, QA team members compliment our communities and guilds on Alpha on reporting bugs and weird activity. I have my VODS from 7 months of Alpha/Beta were I reported issues on daily basis LIVE,

Also Soon™
    It's definitely coming very soon.

I wonder which streamers will be entitled babies this time around when they don't get access? All I can recall easily is Sodapoppin and Panzer with Overwatch.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I wonder which streamers will be entitled babies this time around when they don't get access? All I can recall easily is Sodapoppin and Panzer with Overwatch.
    Yeah that was hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I can't believe you guys are actually defending girls who are clearly using sexuality to get viewers. it doesn't belong on twitch tv and there is no serious argument to defend it outside of just playing devil's advocate.

also why are people surprised that streamers are getting access to alpha/beta? they're both designed for testing and exposure, both of which were very successful for the legion testing phases and will (very likely) happen again for bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    lol I can't believe you guys are actually defending girls who are clearly using sexuality to get viewers. it doesn't belong on twitch tv and there is no serious argument to defend it outside of just playing devil's advocate.

also why are people surprised that streamers are getting access to alpha/beta? they're both designed for testing and exposure, both of which were very successful for the legion testing phases and will (very likely) happen again for bfa
    Don't bother replying to either of those you'll just go down a rabbit hole and never come back tbh.

Streamers sure have a lot to do with BFA discussion, I tell you what

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing's certain, the last few pages really showed that the thread is in need of some Blizzard activity as soon as possible now that the holidays are over lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    One thing's certain, the last few pages really showed that the thread is in need of some Blizzard activity as soon as possible now that the holidays are over lol.
    Maybe on Thursday.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

At this point, I would rather go back to arguing over when Allied Races will be available. At least that is on topic.

What is she doing that's sexual? Like... Flirty? Absolutely. Suggestive? Arguable. Sexy? Definitely.

Sexual? I'm not seeing it.

She sits there in her chair talking about socks and trying to find them, then gets up and walks off camera for 3 minutes.

Unless you've got a -particular- fetish about sexy girls with glasses and skimpy outfits looking for socks under the bed, it's not sexual.

She's sexy, sure. But the content itself isn't sexual.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlV66TCliXQ

nothing sexual about that. Just plain old kid friendly content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post

Yeah I'm sorry but this can't be defended LOL. That's terrible, there is so much obvious intentions behind the things she's doing in those clips. Twitch overlooks it too which is fucking sad.

Anyway, on topic. Taking bets for a new PTR build this week. I'm willing to bet money on there being a new build pushed this week, minor or significant? Hard to say honestly. I'd say it would be maybe more adjustments to the allied races or the PvP BG related?
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-01-03 at 12:43 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post

... uhm... sure?

Sexy, yeah. Weird that she'd do live stream workouts definitely. But it's not sexual content.

She wasn't sucking a banana like it was a dick or pulling down her shirts to show off her bras. She didn't pull her pants down to show off half her ass, or tug the seat of her pants up into her crack. Seriously, there's nothing sexier about her outfits than you'd see on a public beach or pool, where kids are not only allowed but eagerly invited by most organizations.

Now if some guy's getting banned for taking off his shirt or whatever, that's absolutely fucked up. And either they need to put the bar there, and ban her, or on her level of sexiness and unban the dude. There's definitely a double standard there. If there's girls who were trying to be sexy and didn't go as far as she did, they should also not be banned.

But that girl hanging out in a crop top and shorts? No, it's not sexual. Neither is working out in small or tight clothes. Do people get a thrill off it? Of course. Dudes in the 80s used to buy freaking Aerobics Workout tapes and not to exercise.

There's enough of a difference between Sexy and the phrase they use for the Twitch Guidelines "Overtly Sexual" that I think people are going too far in saying she's going too far.

Now all the streamers banned for "Accidental Nudity" like nip-slips and upskirts? Nah, they either knew what they were doing, or were so careless that it'll probably be a continuing problem. They should remain banned.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

... uhm... sure?

Sexy, yeah. Weird that she'd do live stream workouts definitely. But it's not sexual content.

She wasn't sucking a banana like it was a dick or pulling down her shirts to show off her bras. She didn't pull her pants down to show off half her ass, or tug the seat of her pants up into her crack. Seriously, there's nothing sexier about her outfits than you'd see on a public beach or pool, where kids are not only allowed but eagerly invited by most organizations.

Now if some guy's getting banned for taking off his shirt or whatever, that's absolutely fucked up. And either they need to put the bar there, and ban her, or on her level of sexiness and unban the dude. There's definitely a double standard there. If there's girls who were trying to be sexy and didn't go as far as she did, they should also not be banned.

But that girl hanging out in a crop top and shorts? No, it's not sexual. Neither is working out in small or tight clothes. Do people get a thrill off it? Of course. Dudes in the 80s used to buy freaking Aerobics Workout tapes and not to exercise.

There's enough of a difference between Sexy and the phrase they use for the Twitch Guidelines "Overtly Sexual" that I think people are going too far in saying she's going too far.

Now all the streamers banned for "Accidental Nudity" like nip-slips and upskirts? Nah, they either knew what they were doing, or were so careless that it'll probably be a continuing problem. They should remain banned.
    Oh please, from watching that video she knows EXACTLY what she's doing.

Wow... The conversation's really going off track here boiz...

BARMAID! Bring us a few ptr shots please!
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Please refrain from responding to obvious bait like steampunkette, it's only gonna derail the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Please refrain from responding to obvious bait like steampunkette, it's only gonna derail the thread.
    Unfortunately, there's nothing to derail from at the moment Hoping for new stuff asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy playing guardian druid, level up a new druid yesterday, already ilvl 930 and having fun in Antorus (even if some fights are boring for tanks). Too bad there's no allied race druid for the Alliance, yet

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They better fucking keep their promise about adding skin tones to the barber shop. We're not getting any new class combos either, so the only thing I'm looking forward to is the allied races at this point.