View Poll Results: Another 9-10 months of Antorus?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • Will be fine. It's a great raid.

46 24.34%
  • Not sure. Depends on hotfixes and nerfs.

34 17.99%
  • Won't be fine. Likely that the game will bleed subs.

81 42.86%
  • Will be a disaster. Need another short raid to keep our interest.

28 14.81%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    November at the latest, Dec would either throw launch into the holidays or raiding into the holidays, neither of which their probably too keen on.
    Them releasing ToV and Antorus like ~3 weeks before Xmas really shows that they don't care all that much about the holidays.

Releasing an expansion before the holidays so the raid gets released after the holidays sounds like something people would appreciate.

November at the latest, Dec would either throw launch into the holidays or raiding into the holidays, neither of which their probably too keen on.

Which either way, no matter when it releases, it'll be the shortest end of expansion in years.
    Cataclysm was released in December and did just fine. A December release increases the likelihood of the game being purchased as a Christmas gift and is hardly a bad time to release a Triple-A project.

That said, Blizzard has campaigned on the idea in Legion that they will have shorter release cycles than ever before and so far has generally kept up on that bargain. Personally, I think it's a bit cynical to predict a Q4 2018 release for BfA; but it's also somewhat understandable given that Blizzard is also known to be perfectionists, preferring to delay releasing a product "too early," even if that means a content drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Indeed i find it by far one of most unfun bosses to do.
    It's worth it if you take a look at their massive swaying booties

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    It's worth it if you take a look at their massive swaying booties
    LoL. If id focus on that id prolly die easly. Besides if i want to see bootie i could just swap my monk's mog to one of her revealing ones .

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Based on precedent. They aren't going to release an xpac in the middle of summer.
    Legion wants a word with you.

August 30th is hardly the middle of summer. Most people are already back in school stateside by that point.

Hope not, the game needs new content every 4,5 months so it feels alive and fun to play

LoL. If id focus on that id prolly die easly. Besides if i want to see bootie i could just swap my monk's mog to one of her revealing ones .
    I mean, I agree that focusing on their booty can be distracting, I see it as an extra mechanic. Dodge mechanics while chaos bolting their thicc. 8)
    Also, nothing beats a thicc booty of a 7 meter tall lady I'd say. xD Not even your monk's mog >_>

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I like coven

The one I really dislike is varimathras,not enough mechanics and also forces me to go to 1 graphics to barely reach 15 fps for some reason (I can usually play at 8 and get 90 fps)
    honestly I quite like mythic varimathras, having to constantly burst down adds so quickly is not something that most raids have. and it required more attention than most other things this raid.

altough kingaroth is by far my favourite boss this raid (havent seen argus mythic yet though)
    I just love arcade bosses, having like 15 deathballs constantly swirling a few inches from your ass is kinda fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Legion wants a word with you.
    I’m not sure you intended it this way but Legion as a whole not only released right on the brink of summer, but also threw the entire notion of ‘precendent’ out of the window with how content has been handled this time.

By uncoupling patches and raid releases they’ve essentially given themselves all the tools they need to control exactly how long future content droughts will last, as they can simply delay the final raid by a few weeks/months if they’re running into any issues with the next expansion.

They fact remains that they could’ve held back Antorus until after the holiday season, but they chose not to. I’m not usually one to get my hopes up but I would say that this alone is very promising in terms of when we’ll see BfA coming out. I may be wrong, I may not be - I just thought it was worth pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    as a casual heroic raider that has cleared the raid 4 times so far they are really going to have to open up cross realm mythic early this time around to keep me interested. My sub ran out thursday, and i'm not resubbing to do more heroic clears.
    If the only thing you can think of to do in WoW is clear heroic I'm not sure the game is for you anymore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Blizzard really delivered this xpac with a steady stream of content, so perhaps they have plans for the end-of-xpac draught this time.

But generally I wouldn't be too surprised if Antorus has to last another 9+ months. Subs will run out and be reactivated for the net xpac, it's been this way since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Them releasing ToV and Antorus like ~3 weeks before Xmas really shows that they don't care all that much about the holidays.

Releasing an expansion before the holidays so the raid gets released after the holidays sounds like something people would appreciate.
    Releasing it First or second week of Dec. puts the 2.5-3 week release of the first raid RIGHT in the holidays, releasing it third week puts any launch bugs/issues happening during low staff times. Not happening. Both ToV and Antorus were released with a enough time to catch anything glaring with obvious and with more the average WF clear time between release and the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Cataclysm was released in December and did just fine. A December release increases the likelihood of the game being purchased as a Christmas gift and is hardly a bad time to release a Triple-A project.

That said, Blizzard has campaigned on the idea in Legion that they will have shorter release cycles than ever before and so far has generally kept up on that bargain. Personally, I think it's a bit cynical to predict a Q4 2018 release for BfA; but it's also somewhat understandable given that Blizzard is also known to be perfectionists, preferring to delay releasing a product "too early," even if that means a content drought.
    Cata didn't wait three weeks to release expansion raids. We'll know more come alpha/beta though (can't be as much of a shit heap as legion alpha though, not as many over arching class changes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I’m in the same boat. Heroic has been very easy this expansion and I think there’s a growing population of people like me - reasonably skilled players who will never ever commit to a fixed raiding schedule but like to log on and raid for a few hours when possible.

At this point they’re just blatantly not catering to that population at all because cross realm mythic is still turned off and group finder functionality sucks anyway. I used to level alts but in Legion I just get too pissed at the legendary shit and other grindiness. It takes far far longer to get an alt ready to raid than it does to clear the raid once you get there. It feels like there’s nothing to do if you can’t raid mythic.
    I'm really confused at this. You talk about getting legendaries and I'm assuming AP when you talk about grinding on alts, and then turn around and say there's nothing to do if you don't raid mythic. Aren't those statements contradictory?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Cata didn't wait three weeks to release expansion raids. We'll know more come alpha/beta though (can't be as much of a shit heap as legion alpha though, not as many over arching class changes.)
    True enough. Regardless, I think it's still too early in the development process to be overly speculative of BfA's release.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    True enough. Regardless, I think it's still too early in the development process to be overly speculative of BfA's release.
    Honestly I was never even speculating over that lol, just trying to shut down the notion that you can't release big things in the summer.

Will be fine antorus is a very good raid(except coven which i totally hate myself and is one of worst bosses ever and worst boss in antorus).
    All end tier raids have been "very good raids", but even good raids get boring when you're clearing it the 20th time.

This is the last raid of the expansion, surely. But I think if they add in some Allied Races in 7.3.5, combined with some quality of life and subtle class changes, it will help prolong the fizzle out of subscriptions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Xpac is out end of september. Calling it now. Also the December release is just naive, they want this game out before blizzcon 100000000000%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango-was-taken View Post
    Xpac is out end of september. Calling it now. Also the December release is just naive, they want this game out before blizzcon 100000000000%.
    Yes, I highly highly doubt that we'll see another blizzcon before BfA release. They'll talk about 8.1 and 8.1.5 there.