5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Oh please, from watching that video she knows EXACTLY what she's doing.
    Yes. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing.

And... what?

So long as it's not "Overtly Sexual" it's cool by Twitch's rules. Slurping a popsicle or licking a peach in a suggestive manner would be overtly sexual. Wearing tight outfits and doing silly dances and exercises that show off your cleavage is not overtly sexual.

Still isn't "Kid Friendly" content 'cause there's so little actual CONTENT to it. Like, where even are the game screens? Most kids would get bored in 20 seconds and wander off.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Just report and move on no need to derail this thread with twitch bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Yes. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing.

And... what?

So long as it's not "Overtly Sexual" it's cool by Twitch's rules. Slurping a popsicle or licking a peach in a suggestive manner would be overtly sexual. Wearing tight outfits and doing silly dances and exercises that show off your cleavage is not overtly sexual.

Still isn't "Kid Friendly" content 'cause there's so little actual CONTENT to it. Like, where even are the game screens? Most kids would get bored in 20 seconds and wander off.
    Uhhh, hey. Ima need you to start...ummm...getting back to the topic...

So...if you could just do that...then...yeah...

That'd be GREAT! *Sips coffee* ...Yeah...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Lol... why are people blaming/shaming the streamers who use their physics to attract viewers ?

You do know... it's not their fault if the viewers (mostly men (since most of men watching streams are stupid/prebubescents/virgins)) fall into the trap and waste their money on some random girl/guy they fantasm on thinking they'll get some recognition... lmao
    For they bring shame into life. Brother, blame no purity of man's heart, blame not his rose, but seek fault in pestilence that wishes to deflower innocence.

I wish to see void form of the Void Elves. Soon, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    For they bring shame into life. Brother, blame no purity of man's heart, blame not his rose, but seek fault in pestilence that wishes to deflower innocence.

I wish to see void form of the Void Elves. Soon, I hope.
    Likewise brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Don't speak for all streamers. One streamer I watch rolls each class and levels it up when they get access to expansion alpha/betas. They put in a lot of hours of play testing.
    Honestly bad use of stream time. Peopöe are not that interested in watching every class being leveled up. The viewership and income will drop if they stick to that.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2018-01-03 at 02:17 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Honestly bad use of stream time. Peopöe are not that interested in watching every class being leveled up. The viewership and invome will drop if they stick to that.
    Yeah... I mean, doing one would make plenty of sense, and then doing the others off-stream while doing a recording, then breaking down highlights for a Youtube video? That would be fine. Cool, even.

We're at a point where most everything has been speculated on, but I'll try my best and I hope it won't be a bore (at least it will be on topic right? :/)

Do you guys think the big burly humans of Kul'Tiras could have any relation to the Sea Giants? They were titan creations, which were targeted by the Curse of Flesh. They have a similar anatomy and share a connection to the sea. I mean humans, dwarves, gnomes, orcs, they all have come to be from Titan constructs. It would be interesting to see what the process that earthen, mechagnomes and iron vrykul were subjected to would do to the sea giants.

The whole idea of there being kul'tirans who look like regular humans and kul'tirans that look like half-giants is very intriguing. We know they were gilneans that sailed off into the sea. We also know they encountered a community named the Drust when they first settled. From what I've seen from the concept art, the Drust look like humans, or something very close to humans. Their architecture is very tribal. And they are the origin of the druidic death magic going on in Drustvar with the wicker monsters and such. Could they be Vrykul? Maybe they didn't just send their weaker babies to the eastern kindgoms, but Kul'tiras as well.

Maybe some of the Drust were integrated into the Human community. And these burly, big humans are their offspring?
    The devs said they became like that because of the sea life and "monster hunting" but could there be something else?

I know it was Yogg'Saron who used the Curse of Flesh, but is he the only one able to? Kul'tiras being close to N'zoth ... it would be logical for N'zoth to weaken his foes, the titan constructs. And considering his prison is under the sea, one may guess that the titan constructs keeping guard are sea giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    We're at a point where most everything has been speculated on, but I'll try my best and I hope it won't be a bore (at least it will be on topic right? :/)

Do you guys think the big burly humans of Kul'Tiras could have any relation to the Sea Giants? They were titan creations, which were targeted by the Curse of Flesh. They have a similar anatomy and share a connection to the sea. I mean humans, dwarves, gnomes, orcs, they all have come to be from Titan constructs. It would be interesting to see what the process that earthen, mechagnomes and iron vrykul were subjected to would do to the sea giants.

The whole idea of there being kul'tirans who look like regular humans and kul'tirans that look like half-giants is very intriguing. We know they were gilneans that sailed off into the sea. We also know they encountered a community named the Drust when they first settled. From what I've seen from the concept art, the Drust look like humans, or something very close to humans. Their architecture is very tribal. And they are the origin of the druidic death magic going on in Drustvar with the wicker monsters and such. Could they be Vrykul? Maybe they didn't just send their weaker babies to the eastern kindgoms, but Kul'tiras as well.

Maybe some of the Drust were integrated into the Human community. And these burly, big humans are their offspring?
    The devs said they became like that because of the sea life and "monster hunting" but could there be something else?

I know it was Yogg'Saron who used the Curse of Flesh, but is he the only one able to? Kul'tiras being close to N'zoth ... it would be logical for N'zoth to weaken his foes, the titan constructs. And considering his prison is under the sea, one may guess that the titan constructs keeping guard are sea giants.
    The big humans are just bigger humans, not every human in kul'tiras is burly.

Although the drust concept is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    Only the nerdiest of streamers.

I know it's a simple typo for physique but I can't resist.
    lmao... sorry... in french "physique" is used for both "physics" and "physique" and in my mind it was the same in english but with physic. RIP

you made me laugh tho

Homophobia is so gay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Do we have any Drust images? I know the witches are supposed to be tied to them...

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Do we have any Drust images? I know the witches are supposed to be tied to them...
    This is the only one I know of: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Filerust_Shaman_concept.jpg

Pretty interested to learn more about them. From what we know, I'm getting a neanderthal/proto-human vibe from them, but I'm not sure what to think about their lineage. Are they fleshified Titanic beings, Vrykul offshoots, or something else entirely?

I seem to remember a blurb somewhere about them having interbred with tribal humans and being absorbed that way, with the main race having gone extinct, also like neanderthal. And that this partially explained the Kul Tirasians' physiology. But I can't remember if that's just a fan theory or even my own assumptions.

Also, they kinda remind me of the Wendol from Eaters of the Dead/The 13th Warrior. I wonder if that was part of their inspiration.
    Last edited by Oatmeel; 2018-01-03 at 05:05 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Drust Only concept art I believe.
    Thank you for supplying that!

They pretty much look human, to me... blue glowing eyes, but everything else seems to be in the right places. Of course, they could easily be a new form of Elf with their ears under the helmet and all. Or have deedly boppers. Or a massive sagittal crest that gives them a skin mohawk or cone-head appearance...

Sum total of the last few pages:

* Streamers getting access to betas and seemingly not "giving back" by providing lots of reports is a bogus point. The reports don't matter much and the only thing that the public beta test (of a game) is good for = crash / stress testing, the streamers do provide. More so than non-streamers due to the amount of time they spend playing, the "should try everything" mantra, and the viewers who try to group with them or get encouraged to try and play the beta, too.

* Streamers holding their viewers by whatever means possible, including suggestive closing and poses, is not news. [I can tell you informally that where the line is in terms of what should be allowed and what should not be allowed is a recurring topic in the internal discussions on Twitch. My company was having talks about a shared project with Twitch - nothing big neither for them nor for us - and I was part of these talks, in the free time we chatted about a lot of things with Twitch engineers + some of their big shots. The long and short of what to allow and what to disallow is that this is a big question with no real answer. The policies cannot be too specific, because the specifics just get outdated fast and make the streamers actively look for ways to exploit them, and so there is and it looks like there will always be a fair share of per-instance judgement. Twitch's main interests in this are always the total number of viewers on *all* channels whom they want to keep as happy as possible. So for big cases they always consider not just how many people would sub to a particular channel for edgy content but how many people would not sub to any channel on Twitch after seeing that edgy content. Girls tend to be safe on the latter front - within reason, of course. There are no big conspiracies.]

* Drust look like one more take on furbolgs to me.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-03 at 07:13 AM. Reason: controversies -> conspiracies

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    * Drust look like one more take on furbolgs to me.
    I suspect they might be related to Drogbar based on their physique. They might also be a possibly compromised Titanforged race, as the Drogbar are stated to be by Xal'Atah.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2018-01-03 at 07:56 AM.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Looks like we still have a few 7.3.5 builds to go, I'm not sure if they'll make it before that Ahn'Qiraj event (Jan 21, regular maintenance window before that is the 16th which would give us a release candidate build sometime next week). They're going to have to haul ass if 7.3.5 is required for the event (still debatable) or by patching the new content for it into 7.3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Looks like we still have a few 7.3.5 builds to go, I'm not sure if they'll make it before that Ahn'Qiraj event (Jan 21, regular maintenance window before that is the 16th which would give us a release candidate build sometime next week). They're going to have to haul ass if 7.3.5 is required for the event (still debatable) or by patching the new content for it into 7.3.2.
    By the way, this Ahn'Qiraj event is the poster child illustration for why region-wide faction conflict in a game that isn't exactly thriving is a terrible idea: it is just dominated by one faction (currently this faction is the Horde).

They would do well to make it realm-wide at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    By the way, this Ahn'Qiraj event is the poster child illustration for why region-wide faction conflict in a game that isn't exactly thriving is a terrible idea: it is just dominated by one faction (currently this faction is the Horde).

They would do well to make it realm-wide at least.
    Not to mention it's kind of stupid since the event celebrated in question was a collaborative effort by the Alliance and the Horde working together with the Bronze Dragonflight.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Yeh its kind of weird that the Call of the Scarab is a holiday commemorating a collaborative effort by the factions, but ingame it's a competitive event between the factions. While the next patch also brings a battleground and a quest chain focused on a conflict between the factions....bit disjointed.