Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

Tmw u cant differentiate 500k from 5mil

#HowToAccidentlyWaste5Mil

brb kms huehuehu
    That will teach you for playing an Alliance toon… a Horde toon would never be that absent minded…
    Cheers!
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    why would u even spend 500k on a container?
    Off by about 3 figures there bud.

It's not 500,000. It's 5,000,000.....more money than I have ever had in WoW if you added up my entire combined wow existence (since launch....)

ALL ON A MYSTERY BOX!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Transmog gear for armor you can't equip...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

It's not 500,000. It's 5,000,000.....more money than I have ever had in WoW if you added up my entire combined wow existence (since launch....)

ALL ON A MYSTERY BOX!
    I think the poster you quoted meant why EVEN 500k gold, as in that amount.
    I wouldn't spend 100k on a box.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

the only way you would obtain that much gold is playing the ah so your very unlikely to make a digit error with numbers,just saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

ALL ON A MYSTERY BOX!
    yea but obviously the OP thought he was spending 500k and he was ok with that. Thats why i asked why he would even spend 500k on the box, it doesnt make sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    the only way you would obtain that much gold is playing the ah so your very unlikely to make a digit error with numbers,just saying.
    Actually anyone playing a decent amount will get alot. Im sitting over 900k despite being unsubbed for a large portion of WoD and almost the entirety of legion with just a month here and there (RL time constraints and other issues). I havent paid for game time since tokens came out either. I dont play the AH at all, all my gold is purely made by playing the game and doing things that can make me gold (Crafting, old raids, selling transmogs I get while farming things etc). But I do consciously try to make more gold then I spend when doing things and I dont buy raid gear etc.

During Warlords I was making 10+K gold per week from each garrison I had alone which took me 10mins before work in morning and about 1 hour per night to maintain for 3 different characters, aka 30k+ per week from doing garrison and trapping for the barn.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Thats why i asked why he would even spend 500k on the box, it doesnt make sense to me...
    Why anyone would spend anything on anything should be a mystery then

I mean - I've seen some people who paid 2 million for a crappy spider mount that can't even fly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

I mean - I've seen some people who paid 2 million for a crappy spider mount that can't even fly.
    What else is there to spend gold on these days than transmog and mounts?

Shameless brag pic included.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Blizzard is throwing money at us left and right for free from order hall missions. You just do a few daily quests to keep up your resources and do the gold missions and make 2kg+ a day per character on average. That's 60k a month, spread that out over alts (I have 8) and you are clearing a lot of gold very easy. Even more if you do the ringed bosses that drop 600+ gold on average.

All you really need is a smart phone and you're set.

I spent 2 mil on the spider the day Legion dropped and I still have like 6 more mil laying around doing absolutely nothing.

The fact that people cannot fathom having more than 100k in an expansion where gold rains from the sky is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    All you really need is a smart phone and you're set.
    Plus the time at the computer to get 8 toons all up to the Argus stuff and 950 x 6 followers.

Nah - WoD was when the money rolled in, I made my gold in WoD and just ride that sweet glitter through

I just spent 180k gold to change a toon from Worgen to Elf - so yeah, people pay odd things for odd bits and bytes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    The fact that people cannot fathom having more than 100k in an expansion where gold rains from the sky is amazing.
    Well, to be fair - WoD was the expansion where gold rained from the sky.

Legion requires effort for people to make gold.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

You still got 2.4 million gold. You'll be fine. Send me some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you know what you are getting for your purchase, it all of a sudden isn't such a big mystery now then, is it?
    Unlike this thread's example.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

If by effort you mean "finish your order hall and use your smart phone to do the rest" sure.

Thats equivalent to 240 euros in tokens in eu.. dang

10+ Year Old Account
    Commenting just so I know to come back later. I gotta know what's in the box

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    If by effort you mean "finish your order hall and use your smart phone to do the rest" sure.
    1. You have to finish Argus stuff to get the solid gold missions.
    2. You have to get your followers up to 950
    3. 4 or 5 3k missions a week is nothing compared to what poured into one's pockets in WoD.

Yeah - so as I said, Legion requires effort - WoD was where the real gold fell into the pockets.

Plus the time at the computer to get 8 toons all up to the Argus stuff and 950 x 6 followers.

Nah - WoD was when the money rolled in, I made my gold in WoD and just ride that sweet glitter through

I just spent 180k gold to change a toon from Worgen to Elf - so yeah, people pay odd things for odd bits and bytes.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to be fair - WoD was the expansion where gold rained from the sky.

The only effort required is that you have to farm order resources.

You can get a character to 110 in under a week without heirlooms just doing invasion missions. Hell, just do the easy boss kill parts and you're fine.

You also only need your followers to level 900 for missions with base 600g and 1,500g bonus completion. Getting them to 900 is very easy to do as well, hell just getting argus complete to Mac'Aree is just the work of a day which opens up follower missions to the 950 level and gives them the gear for a constant 70% bonus buff to completion.

Combine it all with the phone app and you'll be raking it in very quickly. I'm not sure how it stacks up versus the shipyard - the yard bored me to tears honestly - but I make more than enough that I will be getting the collectors edition of BfA from WoW tokens and not be depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The only effort required is that you have to farm order resources.
    And to level all the alts to 110, and to get them out to argus, and do the argus compaign to get the alts followers to 950 and then...

Yeah - as I said, Legion requires effort - WoD was the free gold expansion.