Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I honestly don't know why people are freaking out about this.
    Me either. I watched the video as a reupload and didn't see anything wrong with it. Logan wasn't disrespectful to the victim. He didn't make a joke out of the situation. He acted like himself a bit and then got serious talking about mental health and suicide. The entire outrage about this seems like nothing more than a witchhunt over a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    1. Youtuber gets audience and makes money

2. Audience gets bored and numbers start to drop

3. Youtuber tries new material, controversial stuff being low hanging fruit
    I know what you meant by the colloquialism, but still, bad choice of words here man.

Deleted
    no idea who this cunt is but googled him. What the fuck is going on with his bonnet, all that money and he cant get a haircut that suits him.

All of these youtube celebs are the kind of people who would take a selfie with hitler is he was knocking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Me either. I watched the video as a reupload and didn't see anything wrong with it. Logan wasn't disrespectful to the victim. He didn't make a joke out of the situation. He acted like himself a bit and then got serious talking about mental health and suicide. The entire outrage about this seems like nothing more than a witchhunt over a non-issue.
    "Hey, just because I, as a guest, came into your house, kicked over your Christmas Tree, and smashed all the old homemade ornaments under my feet while a friend filmed it, that doesn't mean I was disrespectful. I mean, as least I didn't take as shit on the tree right?"

That's your argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    "Hey, just because I, as a guest, came into your house, kicked over your Christmas Tree, and smashed all the old homemade ornaments under my feet while a friend filmed it, that doesn't mean I was disrespectful. I mean, as least I didn't take as shit on the tree right?"

That's your argument.
    He didn't do any of that??

I am in favor of banning him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    You are missing the point. It really has nothing to do with who did or didn't watch the video, but what he did, and where he did it. This shit is super private and personal to these people. That's why the guy went out in the woods to hang himself, so that no one would see. Plus, in the video it was stated that you can be sued, and lose, for filming a living person. For a culture the venerates the dead, this is extremely offensive to most of the country. Which wouldn't be a big deal if he wasn't doing this in the country he was offending.
    Pretty much the punchline of this whole thing. They take great offense in Japan if you mock the dead, experienced that the hard way once.

He didn't do any of that??
    Didn't he? Do you think he, or you for that matter, have any idea what the dead, suicide, and privacy mean to these people? It doesn't seem so.

Oh Overton window, we hardly knew you.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Pretty much the punchline of this whole thing. They take great offense in Japan if you mock the dead, experienced that the hard way once.
    Do tell.

/10char

The issue is he is damaging a platform thousands of people use to make their living, aside from the moral implications.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    He was 4... he is now 13, he probably doesnt remember his dad at all. His issues stem from something else, not the suicide of his father.
    Pfft. Those early deaths affect you the most. One of my youngest aunts died in an accident when I was about that age, and it took me a lot more than 9 years to understand the ways its affected me.

The problem with videos like this is that it desensitizes people towards violence and the suffering of others and the fact that everyone deserves some level of respect or at least some fucking common human decency. The detrimental effect of this is clearly evident given some of the truly disgusting sociopathic attitudes in this thread towards the subject of this video and how suicide literally destroys lives of not only the victims but the families/friends of the victims. It isn't "SJW nonsense" to point out when someone has crossed the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I've never heard of the guy before this story came to light.

As an aside, wasn't it only a month or so ago where the mainstream media - and various Youtube videos - showed off a politician on trial committing suicide after smuggling poison into the courtroom?

It's pretty tasteless to make a video about suicide but it's just as tasteless to exploit a controversy surrounding suicide to engage in virtue signalling...which let's be honest is what a lot of the backlash amounts to.
    Having an expectation of a modicum of common human decency isn't virtue signaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Can't even go a day without the SJW's finding something online to bitch about or complain. Who cares about what this guy posted.

The SJW's here are pretending like they have have never been to Liveleak before or ebuamsworld.

Shit happens, terrible things happen. Its the internet, anything is possible!

Im sure most people here seen the movie 'Stand by Me' from the 80's too.
    The issue is the complete and total lack of empathy for like anyone at all ever. It is fucking disrespectful to use the suicide of a person to get youtube views not to mention how disrespectful it is to the victim's family. SJW has fuck all to do with this. Get the fuck out of here with this garbage.

Forget about morals and whether or not people are or should be offended by this for a second and just think about the Terms of Use the fella had to agree to when he made his Youtube account.

Surely uploading a video of a literal, real-life corpse is against at least some of Youtube's rules, right?

The dude knowingly, deliberately uploaded a video that broke Youtube's rules. SOME sort of punishment is warranted. A full-blown ban is probably too much though. Does Youtube do suspensions?
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-01-03 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Having an expectation of a modicum of common human decency isn't virtue signaling.
    No, it isn't.

Yet a lot of people exploit scenarios such as this in order to look good on social media by taking a stand against whatever the latest controversy happens to be. They froth at the maw, angrily ranting about the target of their contempt...demanding that the individual in question is punished, ridiculed and banned.

Was the video tasteless? Certainly - though instead of mass hysteria and public rants we should have seen people come together and calmly request for the video to be looked into and taken down. It doesn't help that a lot of people likely had no idea about the Youtube channel in question before this yet now it's practically infamous as a result of the controversy. Any publicity is good publicity, especially for someone already fairly prominent and controversial.

A corpse isn't something that should be shown off as an amusement or cheap talking point. I think the video should have been removed...but at the same time I feel like the controversy has been hijacked by people more interested in showing others how much they are against such things for the sake of some cheap, easy brownie points. Not everybody, of course - but social media attracts such people in droves.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2018-01-03 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well miss cutie bottom, i understand that, but they also probably don't know who logan paul is to even think about that I'm nit saying what he did was right, but iil just don't bwant to make a fus about it either.
    Continual handwaving away of deplorable behavior gives people the impression that it is somehow now acceptable leading to more and more of it. At some point people need to say enough is enough. People not making a "fuss" over these types of things in the past is what got us here today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    A corpse is a corpse and if you’re going to take your life in 2018 there’s a chance you’ll end up on the internet.

How is this different than any number of other death or postmortem videos and pictures?
    It isn't different that is the whole god damn point. The issue is a complete and utter lack of respect and empathy for others even the dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i dont really see the problem, there was plenty of warnings and he wasnt playing around or anything, pretty sober toned.
    The problem is the exploitation of the death of another person. It is mind boggling that this even needs to be pointed out.

10+ Year Old Account

Essentially Logan Paul is an idiot and attention whore, but I'm more pissed off at YouTube's hypocrisy. Leaves and trends video of YouTube idiot laughing at dead body, removes everyone else's video talking about said idiot. Seriously f*ck YouTube
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-01-03 at 07:06 AM.
    #boycottchina

Warnings don't make it OK to exploit the dead for clicks and ad revenue on YouTube. They should ban him and anyone else who produces this kind of "content".

Deleted
    this is one of those nuanced things. personally i think he deserves the flakk hes getting.

showing a dead body isn't new and isn't shocking for any one who doesn't live in a closet if your lucky you first corpse is on t.v but thats life. whats shocking is the situation and how he acts, theres a way to behave around a body the is respectful and polite. if hed been filming in some random ass wood outside of texas and found a body then fair enough make a littel vlog about how shocking it was and upsetting but to go to a suicide wood and find a suicide victim then act all shocked sorry what did he expect.

now i say act but idk he might actualy be that thick and not think its called a suicide wood for a reason. im not gonna knock him for the humour yes i know its inappropriate but some people do deal with shock and distres that way. personally im a nervouse laugher so when im scared or upset i laugh, makes me great at funerals :/

Deleted
    this is one of those nuanced things. personally i think he deserves the flakk hes getting.

showing a dead body isn't new and isn't shocking for any one who doesn't live in a closet if your lucky you first corpse is on t.v but thats life. whats shocking is the situation and how he acts, theres a way to behave around a body the is respectful and polite. if hed been filming in some random ass wood outside of texas and found a body then fair enough make a littel vlog about how shocking it was and upsetting but to go to a suicide wood and find a suicide victim then act all shocked sorry what did he expect.

now i say act but idk he might actualy be that thick and not think its called a suicide wood for a reason. im not gonna knock him for the humour yes i know its inappropriate but some people do deal with shock and distres that way. personally im a nervouse laugher so when im scared or upset i laugh, makes me great at funerals :/

now if hed framed it as an awareness video and acted with respect at the scene then there would be no issue. a number of the warness videos of that wood show far far worse (im talking half rotten corpses hanging )