Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    It's quite simple. You hack someone's account, list high dollar items for cheap, get paid, remove money from fraudulent bank account, then move on. It makes perfect sense.

- - - Updated - - -

He's whining about getting something that the seller can't give him because the listing was fraudulent. So he expects Amazon just to ship the item at a huge loss.
    I could understand if it was Amazon and not a 3rd party.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you paid they should give you either product, or money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    If you paid they should give you either product, or money back.
    He's getting his money back, but he doesn't want the money, he wants the product that was fraudulently listed, that doesn't exist. That's the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Unfortunately for you OP, pretty much this. On a similar note, when I worked at Target, you have *no* idea how many people legitimately thought this way.
    "I know my retail law actually...."

Yeah, sure you do bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    He's getting his money back, but he doesn't want the money, he wants the product that was fraudulently listed, that doesn't exist. That's the issue.
    I know but if the product doesn’t exit he won’t be getting it.

You could try pushing that through whatever consumer agency you have, but personally I'd just take the refund and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    I bought an item on amazon marketplace for $490 everywhere else sells it for $1000
    This is a message I got from the seller "Please withdraw your order as this is not a product of ours. The product was hired by a hacker or by a third party access to our account. We have nothing to do with this product"

Of course I want the item, I have contacted amazon and they said all they can do for me is issue a refund, the seller is not responding to my messages, shouldn't amazon be obligated to ship me the item (they also sell it) for that price since it's listed through their website and they're allowing possibly compromised sellers to sell with them?
    So whats the product?. Maybe if you told us the full story we could help you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I wasn't referring to the OP but someone else's comment. What's also possible is the seller didn't realize market price or accidently put the wrong price and is claiming he got hacked. I mean if you were hacking someone why list something for 1/2 off makes no sense.
    When the Nintendo Switch came out several times a day you would see listings for a brand new switch for $100 under market value I myself bought one just in case the seller messed up. Amazon refunded my money when the arrive by date came and went. That is all Amazon is responsible for. You would have to prove beyond a doubt that they in fact were intentionally trying to screw you. Let me be frank if you tried to sue a judge would throw this out as you were told there was a mistake somewhere and you were offered a full refund.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    So whats the product?. Maybe if you told us the full story we could help you out.
    the item is irrelevant Amazon has the A to Z guarantee and that's all op is entitled to.

Deleted
    Yes, and this has happened where I used to work, pricing error had a multi room speaker worth $250 at $10 and we had to sell it for that price.
    That just means your score bends over for anything. Obvious price errors are to be treated as obvious errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    In many states, there are marketing laws where if you advertise a price for a product, you must sell it for that price.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the answer.
    Thanks for the support.

Adding to your view re: marketing laws - in NZ this applies with the exception of a genuine error.
    Example of a genuine error: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/726...ail-sale-error

"Lawyers said the customers would have to try to prove they believed the price they bought the good for were genuine.

Michael Wigley, principal of Wigley Law, said where there was a genuine mistake by Harvey Norman and the buyer figured the price was too good to be true, it was unlikely they can legally force sale at the low price.

"If a customer genuinely thought there was no mistake, then in theory they can enforce the contract for the low price," Wigley said.

"However, say the lounge suite full price was $2000 and the sale price was $100, a customer is likely find it difficult in practice to persuade a court or disputes tribunal that they thought the price was genuine."

15+ Year Old Account
    Websites sometimes do not honor price mistakes and sometimes don't honor inventory mistakes either (i.e. they sold more than they had).

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Then your store is idiotic. There is no law that forces you to do so unless you advertised that price.
    The reason it gets done is usually because the store doesn't care about a $240 loss, and they do care about the store getting a bad reputation from the pricing error. This is why it's actually fairly uncommon for brick and mortar stores to reject paying for a pricing mistakes.

In the case presented here, Amazon and its marketplace vendors have separate reputations (they even allow you to review marketplace vendors separately).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Yes, and this has happened where I used to work, pricing error had a multi room speaker worth $250 at $10 and we had to sell it for that price.
    No, you did not have to sell it for that price.

I think it's up to the original seller whether they want to honor the mistake or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrules View Post
    Here in Portugal at least yes. A few years ago I bought a Wii 80 some euros cheaper then market value ( including discounted units) because of a labeling error.
    Dear god, usually I'm all for consumer-friendly laws, but that's insane. Thanking god we don't have laws like that here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is not very good about policing bogus auctions in the Marketplace, if it looks too good to be true you can bet it is.

I bought an item on amazon marketplace for $490 everywhere else sells it for $1000
    This is a message I got from the seller "Please withdraw your order as this is not a product of ours. The product was hired by a hacker or by a third party access to our account. We have nothing to do with this product"

Of course I want the item, I have contacted amazon and they said all they can do for me is issue a refund, the seller is not responding to my messages, shouldn't amazon be obligated to ship me the item (they also sell it) for that price since it's listed through their website and they're allowing possibly compromised sellers to sell with them?
    Whenever you encounter a situation like this, cast your memory back to that ToS page you it takes like 40 seconds to scroll through and tell yourself that the answer to your question of whether you can 1 up a large corporation is in that ToS and its 'no'

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what happened?
    to keep it simply - seller is a moron who posted wrong price and is trying to defend it by pretending it was hackers

online buying is legaly binding agreement so all OP needs to do is threaten seller with court.

seller has no other choice but to sell for the price he listed

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The reason it gets done is usually because the store doesn't care about a $240 loss, and they do care about the store getting a bad reputation from the pricing error. This is why it's actually fairly uncommon for brick and mortar stores to reject paying for a pricing mistakes.
    My parents work in retail (they own a Home Hardware store) and I guarantee you, if you are in retail, you most definitely care about major losses on products (especially if the profit margins on stuff are not insanely high). They take the hit on the pricing error much more because they don't want to take the reputation hit or get in trouble with the Better Business Bureau for not honoring a listed price, than they do because they can comfortably eat a loss on a product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    to keep it simply - seller is a moron who posted wrong price and is trying to defend it by pretending it was hackers

online buying is legaly binding agreement so all OP needs to do is threaten seller with court.

seller has no other choice but to sell for the price he listed
    This is a fairly common issue on Amazon with third party sellers. They're under no obligation to sell you an item at a listed price if it was listed in error.
    https://sellercentral.amazon.com/for...hreadID=207142
    https://sellercentral.amazon.com/for...hreadID=294164
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It is a known proceder using by hackers. I had that problem a few years but on ebay.
    1. Hacker is taking somebodys account (most likely by some scam mail/link).
    2. He is changing all stuff like bank details etc.
    3. He is selling something that does not exist for very low price.
    4. Customers think that this is big discount and are buying it.

What can do customer? Do not buy anything that has got suspicious price. Always check sellers rate/selling history.
    What can do seller? DO NOT FUCKING CLICK ANY LINKS/ATTACHEMENTS.
    Amazon/ebay/anyothersellersite can't do shit most of the times since from their side everything is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    And neither does amazon.

Amazon is a MARKETPLACE.....

Thats why when you look at the side it will show the OFFICIAL amazon seller price and it will show the price of the individual marketplace sellers.
    You clearly have no idea how Amazon works... like 80% ppl in this thread.