10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if they really wanted to, they could change the date of the Holiday event to coincide with patch release.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I mean if they really wanted to, they could change the date of the Holiday event to coincide with patch release.
    They might release the finished things in 7.3.5, and then continue working on the rest for later mini patch.
    Technically speaking, which features are unfinished?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Its definitely looking tight to make 7.3.5 live on Jan 23rd, this week and early next week will be key in terms of deciding that. If we get any significant builds over the next few working days (thurs/fri/mon) we'll know how close we are to a release candidate, once that happens we're gucci to go within 2 weeks pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that the first day of 7.3.5, only new leveling system will be up. the rest will come later, so they can test a bit longer and apply hotfix in live servers

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Its definitely looking tight to make 7.3.5 live on Jan 23rd, this week and early next week will be key in terms of deciding that. If we get any significant builds over the next few working days (thurs/fri/mon) we'll know how close we are to a release candidate, once that happens we're gucci to go within 2 weeks pretty much.
    23rd would already miss the mark dude.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I have had Alpha and F&F for a few expansions now. I would say 4 now, BFA would be 5.

I mean YES streamers and YT'ers will probably 99.987878% have access to Alpha to be able to stream it. This is HYPE, this is EXPOSURE. Blizzard understands what we do from a game play and entertainment factor. Still baffles how 7 years later people are still triggered by this like they don't see it coming. Are we good, great, skilled players? Hell no most of us are not. Maybe you think you're a MUCH BETTER tester and skilled player. Well that's nice. And awesome as well! But we are there to show people the talent changes, new areas, dungeons, models. There is no standard for choosing people who are skilled.

Streamers are in the extreme minority compared to the normal people who get selected. We are just out there in open streaming it.

And for record. At the Legion Summit in 2016 before release, we had several devs, QA team members compliment our communities and guilds on Alpha on reporting bugs and weird activity. I have my VODS from 7 months of Alpha/Beta were I reported issues on daily basis LIVE,

Also Soon™
    I'm aware of how many alphas/betas you were in, I've watched you since you were streaming T11 progress on Justin.

I'm not 'triggered', I'm personally just not amused by the prospect of witnessing it again, even though I'm used to it. Would I be a better tester? No one can say, because I probably won't get access since I'm just a regular player, and it depends on how actively I play the alpha/beta and how many bugs I run into. Being a top-end player doesn't really affect how the beta is tested anyway, since everything needs to be tuned accordingly and therefor will be made accessible for every tester regardless of skill.

Soon™

Question for those who have tried the PTR:

Are the new extra character slots already there or will they not be added until they allow preorders, or worse, 8.0?

Or to dataminers, is this something that can be known from the available strings?

I'm thinking of leveling a new character for 7.3.5, but I don't have room in my realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Yeh its kind of weird that the Call of the Scarab is a holiday commemorating a collaborative effort by the factions, but ingame it's a competitive event between the factions. While the next patch also brings a battleground and a quest chain focused on a conflict between the factions....bit disjointed.
    holidays rarely have anything to do with the the reason they exist.

also werent horde and alliance killing each other over silithdust or whatever back then to? Also isnt there no pvp whatsoever except for the people running that silithid dust? like killing the cultists doesnt require a flag at all. So it sounds like exactly the same as what happened then.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

People acting like 7.3.5 will get shipped with this content.

Yeah, all those 3 quests in Silithus. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

BG, Ulduar, Silithus, Leveling revamp.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

New BG, Ulduar Timewalking and World Scaling?

Or did they announce that those are being delayed now?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    BG, Ulduar, Silithus, Leveling revamp.
    So basically a BG?

Ulduar is like available once in every 3 months or so, Leveling Revamp is hardly content and at most relevant when the Allied Races are out, and as stated before, Silithus is LITERALLY 3-5 quests as of now.

Like, do people actually expect Silithus to stay in this state? Are you guys deluded or what?

So basically a BG?

Ulduar is like available once in every 3 months or so, Leveling Revamp is hardly content and at most relevant when the Allied Races are out, and as stated before, Silithus is LITERALLY 5 quests as of now.
    So basically you are ignoring content because it doesn't meet your criteria?

Timewalking and the revamp are content. So again.

A new BG, New quests, Timewalking for Ulduar and World Scaling/leveling revamp.

So 4 pieces of content and if Allied Races happen then 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So basically you are ignoring content because it doesn't meet your criteria?
    I don't count Ulduar because it's not actual new content. I don't count Leveling Revamp because it's not actual new content.

Have you actually done Silithus on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really think they need to split the 7.3.5 content in 2 parts if they want to make it for Call of the Scarab/Ulduar Timewalking.

And it does seem that Silithus will not really have much content so no real hope for a new grinding area to replace Argus
    To be honest the zone scaling feels like it's done on PTR for the most part.

That's the only huge piece so I could easily see this patch making it for end of January.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't count Ulduar because it's not actual new content. I don't count Leveling Revamp because it's not actual new content.

Have you actually done Silithus on the PTR?
    So again you don't count content because it doesn't fit your opinion of what content should be?

Gotcha.

So there are four pieces of content set for 7.3.5. Glad we sorted that out.

To be honest the zone scaling feels like it's done on PTR for the most part.

That's the only huge piece so I could easily see this patch making it for end of January.

- - - Updated - - -

So again you don't count content because it doesn't fit your opinion of what content should be?

Gotcha.
    Don't avoid my question. My point simply was the patch not coming out any time soon unless a miracle happens because Silithus is CLEARLY unfinished and that IS the focus of the Patch.

Don't avoid my question. My point simply was the patch not coming out any time soon unless a miracle happens because Silithus is CLEARLY unfinished and that IS the focus of the Patch.
    Not avoiding it.

Just saying content doesn't stop existing because your opinion states otherwise.

There are 4 pieces coming in 7.3.5 whether you choose to participate in it or not. Your opinion of what content should be doesn't change that.

And again if Allied Races start to make an appearance that will be 5. Pretty decent for a minor patch.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-03 at 02:10 PM.

The focus of the patch is world scaling, and that was what most of the testing was focused on as well, as well as the biggest single task workwise.

Not avoiding it.

Just saying content doesn't stop existing because your opinion states otherwise.

There are 4 pieces coming in 7.3.5 whether you choose to participate in it or not. Your opinion of what content should be doesn't change that.
    You are literally arguing semantics at this point. Yes, there is content coming. There was content coming in 6.1 too, probably more than in 7.3.5. So? Doesn't mean it wasn't a shit patch. Leveling Revamp and Ulduar are just lazy cop outs, not saying they aren't content but they are the laziest content they could put into the game because it's literally just applying their pre-existing scaling technology on it and working out the biggest kinks.

Meanwhile, where's the actual Legion Epilogue? Where's the actual Legion content. Timewalking isn't Legion content, it's WoW content. Leveling Revamp isn't Legion content, it's WoW content. The BG isn't even Legion content because it's BfA content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The focus of the patch is world scaling, and that was what most of the testing was focused on as well, as well as the biggest single task workwise.
    "Legion Epilogue" was still advertised, and so far we have "Kill the Alliance Rogues" "Kill the Silithid and loot them" "Kill the dude" "Talk to Magni" "Talk to Khadgar".

Wow wee.

Here is how to resolve the conundrum:

Timewalking version of Ulduar is content (nod to Eleccybubb). It does not take a lot of effort to do this kind of content. Because it is a small variant of an existing big piece of content (nod to Makorus). And as a small variant of an existing piece of content it is of limited interest to many players (I'd say "most", but that would just start a pointless discussion as to what to count "most" from).

I am an expert on content, so feel free to ask me to resolve these conflicts. :-) (That last line was a joke.)